Page 33 of 535 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133533 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3883031;
    wait, craig is home? i missed that. could you remind me how or when that was found out? there goes my hometown boy.
    sorry to quote myself, but just wanted to say that thanks to cape's "quick recap" topic i was reminded of the article about him, so a big ol' nevermind from me
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3883180;
    I bet there are times he wishes he didn't know stuff - I can't imagine having (my) integrity questioned constantly because he's either not as forthcoming as people want him to be, or (in the case of Ella) gets a detail mixed up.

We want him to tell us stuff, we want to know everything, but sometimes that just isn't enough for some. I'm happy with whatever he gives us, because the season is more fun when I know the inside stuff. Sometimes, I'd rather not know the ending, but sometimes it's nice to be able to soften the blow.

I don't remember if sdl was able to back up his info last season, but he was able to for Jason's season, which always (in my mind) meant the information was 100% accurate. This board will not be the same without him.
    You're right on both counts Anders. SDL's info usually came from production and I remember during Jillian's season, there was one time when he probably divulged too much and was worried about getting his source in trouble. Everyone needs to remember that RS is a blogger and if he gives us all of his info at once, then no one goes back to his blog. As a business person, he's smart to divulge in pieces. However, we can all do without the riddles.

RS may not have all the details that some require as their "proof" and he will always be questioned (or criticized) until the very end of the show, but his track record speaks for itself - he knows at high level terms what's going on in the show - end of story.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3883180;
    I bet there are times he wishes he didn't know stuff - I can't imagine having (my) integrity questioned constantly because he's either not as forthcoming as people want him to be, or (in the case of Ella) gets a detail mixed up.
    Personally, I don't think he gives a rat's what people think about him. He writes the way he does b/c he knows people want to know and will come back to read his site, insulting, condescending writing and all.

That is the sad truth to us all (or most of us) -- we all look at the accident as we drive by and then perhaps see something we wish we hadn't and question why we looked in the first place. That's the way I feel every time I read RS's website...and, yet, then I go back and read again.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3883209;
    You're right on both counts Anders. SDL's info usually came from production and I remember during Jillian's season, there was one time when he probably divulged too much and was worried about getting his source in trouble. Everyone needs to remember that RS is a blogger and if he gives us all of his info at once, then no one goes back to his blog. As a business person, he's smart to divulge in pieces. However, we can all do without the riddles.

RS may not have all the details that some require as their "proof" and he will always be questioned (or criticized) until the very end of the show, but his track record speaks for itself - he knows at high level terms what's going on in the show - end of story.
    One of the problems is that people don't want to take on faith what he has to say. They want him to divulge his sources which he most certainly, definitely can not do. To me it is simply common sense that if he does, he will not only lose his sources, but his sources will lose their jobs.
    Also, people mock him because he explains repeatedly that he has several sources ( rather than just one) which he compares against each other for similarity before he ever gives out the information. Even that doesn't set well with some folks! On the other hand, the more careful that he is, the more credible I see his info. At the same time, I allow him some latitude for small errors ( such as the Ella info) in the same manner as I allow us latitude when we are sleuthing to make some small mistakes ( that in the grand scheme mean little).

As for the riddles - no thanks! I can understand needing time to get info verified, etc. I can even see various speculations as part of the strategies, but guessing games?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882327;
    No doubt!!! Although the scandal itself isn't as scandalous as I was hoping for (not even sure what I was hoping for) but the thought of it playing out on screen makes me MF is going to have a field day with setting it up and letting it play out - he is VERY good at that!!!

I just hope this wasn't a guy she was actually interested in. LOL - look at me making a funny.....
    Since Ali does NOT have a phone. To recieve this timely call when she is alone and able to answer means this call is orchestrated by tptb. I wonder how much they are paying the woman to have her voice on the air. As, she has to sign consent forms etc about not disclosing it before it airs, etc . TPTB are preparing to ruin another man. And well we GLOAT with anticipation. Poor guy!

I dont' feel sorry for the guy - he obviously went on this show with a girlfriend and an agenda and the g/f knew everything - I tend to believe he put her up to making the call in order to get him the publicity he wanted.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

RS in a nutshell..........

He boasts what he ''definitely'' knows
    He chides what he ''almost'' knows
    He suspects what he ''may'' know
    He admits to what he ''doesn't'' know

And he ENJOYS all of it
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3883310;
    RS in a nutshell..........

He boasts what he ''definitely'' knows
    He chides what he ''almost'' knows
    He suspects what he ''may'' know
    He admits to what he ''doesn't'' know

And he ENJOYS all of it
    Love this I think it seems to fit him perfectly. And don't we all just lap it right up?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3883307;
    I dont' feel sorry for the guy - he obviously went on this show with a girlfriend and an agenda and the g/f knew everything - I tend to believe he put her up to making the call in order to get him the publicity he wanted.
    Absolutely agree. Nobody to feel sorry for here. Everybody's getting what they wanted. The only person to possibly be blindsided by this is Ali, and even that I doubt. She was in on the staged drama last season with the phone call to Jake. She knows what it's all about. It's just entertainment.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3882957;
    Are you saying he was heart broken by Ali?
    Tell him to keep his chin up because once the show is over, he can meet all the other beautiful and fun women who have been on the Bachelor in the past. Those reunions can be good things. They make everybody on the show a winner.

Thinking about the schedule...
    If Kasey was out of the country, and he lives in Cali, it would probably be a full day of travel for him to get home. So the RC could be 4/4, the day of travel home on 4/5, and then he finally gets settled on 4/6. The flight would be LONG on 4/5. Most of the crew didn't get home to LA until like 6-7 PM from Lisbon, so Kasey would get home around the same time. Any chance you know what time he was home on 4/6? Or do you just know that he was home? Realistically, they need time for at least 3 dates, and they left Iceland on 4/2 (right?), so a 4/5 RC makes the most sense. It's actually perfect now that I think about it. A RC on 4/5, a few dates, then another RC on 4/9 where Craig is cut. Then another on 4/13 where Ty is cut.
    I don't know if he was heart broken by aAli...what - meant was that happened before the show.

I like what you're on to with the schedule here. If there was a RC in Iceland on 4/2 and then three dates realistically you say then maybe he was on one of those three dates after Iceland. Hmmm....travel on 4/3 to Turkey. Dates 4/4-4/6. RC on 4/6 then on to Portugal. I don't know. What do you think Cash?