Page 27 of 535 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3882190;
    So a girlfriend of one of the guys calls Ali and tells her he is there for his career and not her. So Ali kicks him to the curb.
    And he knows who is on her season from last but isn't telling despite saying once he knew - he would tell us who it was b/c he wants to know why they are there first.

And the girlfriend calling wasn't scripted!?!?!? UM - how exactly did this random girl get Ali's phone number then? And clearly Ali wasn't that interested in him b/c if she was the producers would have left him there and not let the girl contact Ali - but they probably sensed Ali was going to let him go anyway and decided to go with a drama filled exit instead of at the RC. I am betting this is why there is an 11-9 cut in NYC. She let #12 go prior to the RC!
    That's the "scandal"? Once again, RS and his love of hyperbole leave us scratching our heads. This is just the next logical step in the long Fleissian chain of manufactured scandal.

I am curious to see who will be making an appearance, and why, but I'm not getting my hopes up that it will be earth shattering.

What's even more curiouser is that the girlfriend knew where he was going and why and she decided to tattle - seems this guy probably had the g/f out him so it would be a scandal (ala Roz) and it would bring him the attention he's looking for - better than becoming a F2, 3, 4 - whatever.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3882211;
    Sorry - I should have been more clear that he posted - I was just not impressed by the scandal The fact that the girl contacts Ali is new but TPTB clearly manipulated the situation to create a scandal out of it.

Shoot - even Jessie C. had a girlfriend when he was DeAnna's F1 - it actually goes back to the girl from Andy's season - I can't remember her name but she married the guy. And from Brad's season - Jenny had someone waiting for her at the airport.

Definitely nothing new to me.
    I think it goes at least as far back as Kirsten in Andrew Firestone's season.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3882211;
    Sorry - I should have been more clear that he posted - I was just not impressed by the scandal The fact that the girl contacts Ali is new but TPTB clearly manipulated the situation to create a scandal out of it.

Shoot - even Jessie C. had a girlfriend when he was DeAnna's F1 - it actually goes back to the girl from Andy's season - I can't remember her name but she married the guy. And from Brad's season - Jenny had someone waiting for her at the airport.

Definitely nothing new to me.
    No problem, you post prompted me to look at his blog, knowing he was revealing it today. Granted, not exactly 'scandalous' - at least not to FORTers but it will be interesting to see it play out during the season. Ring, Ring, "Hi, this is Ali"......cuz you know the cameras were there when the call was made.

it goes back to Firestone's season when Kristen didn't bother to let her b/f know she broke up with him to go on the show :
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

There are definitely lots of unanswered questions regarding the guy with the girlfriend on Ali's season. This is not a new scenario; however, what will be new is how it all gets handled. There are many who have watched the past few seasons and the storylines around girlfriends/other relationships/other agendas. What will be different here is Ali, as the lead, will confront the guy and kick him to the curb. This storyline ending will finally give those viewers who wanted to see action taken some satisfaction. Ali will be labelled a hero for not putting up with crap. In fact, she will do what Jill didn't.

FORT Fanatic

Kasey was back home 4/6. So he would of been eliminated in NY.

Tyler Morrow, but wasn't he eliminated after NYC

His about me says: Very outgoing, love being in front of the camera, from Montana, love the outdoors, athletic,love to make people laugh! always willing to put on a little act, I've been told many times to get in to acting, so I'm trying to explore it and tap into my full potential!!

Hmmmm. I liked our scandals much better. The only thing that hasn't been done is gf calling Bette.
    Yeah I can see it now.....

Ali's relaxing in her room, or maybe on the balcony looking wistfully towards the horizon. As she as she stretches in the sunlight she thinks about how lucky she is to have all of these amazing guys who were picked just for her & all of whom are falling for her. One of them even wrote her a song...how sweet is that?? No one's ever done that before. As she exhales she thinks back over the last few week & what an amazing journey it's been...she knows that one of those guys is going to be her husband & she will have her fairy tale ending. *ring* Wait what?????

The last time we heard a phone ring was Ali calling Jake asking to come back. Could it be Jake calling Ali?? Really convenient that the cameras happened to be in the room when the gf calls.

The big scandal is a let down. I know Forters may be a little more cynical & hardened than other viewers, but I don't think anyone will find this scandalous. Jill's entire season was about a guy who went on the show to further his career. Jake called to warn her & gf called Ali to warn her. Wonder if Ali will keep him after he tells her that's he's starting to fall for her. Is he our F4? Sorry, something smells here.

ETA: I did read RS & he says tht Ali does kick the guy off. I tend to agree with Anders in that it's pretty strange that the gf finally decides to call Ali & tell her about the guy's career plans.
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 04-21-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

If that's the "scandle", big deal.... it's still unfortunate but getting stale.

Sounds like it's unconnected with "the appearance". Here's a fun thought: it could be more than one...... what if RS means the last season of BOTH t'bette and tb.....what if Ali brings her dear friend Tenley together with........ Reid??..... they connect helping Ali....... they fall in love..... a double wedding after FRC.... in Tahiti.... ohhhhhhhhhsigh

Sorry, this isn't a wishlist thread, is it

Somewhat seriously, thought, does anyone remember in the potential contestant thread I think, someone mentioned that Reid was in LA, possibly in talks about being one of Ali's 25, just after he apparently broke up with his current gf.... sorry, it's unsubstantiated rumour but dont' remember if RS was the source..... just throwing it out there... I wonder if anyone is tracking Reid's or Tenley's fb/twitter lately
    Last edited by MayJ; 04-21-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3882239;
    If that's the "scandle", big deal.... it's still unfortunate but getting stale.

Sounds like it's unconnected with "the appearance". Here's a fun thought: it could be more than one...... what if RS means the last season of BOTH t'bette and tb.....what if Ali brings her dear friend Tenley together with........ Reid??..... they connect helping Ali....... they fall in love..... a double wedding after FRC.... in Tahiti.... ohhhhhhhhhsigh

Sorry, this isn't a wishlist thread, is it

Somewhat seriously, thought, does anyone remember in the potential contestant thread I think, someone mentioned that Reid was in LA, possibly in talks about being one of Ali's 25, just after he apparently broke up with his current gf.... sorry, it's unsubstantiated rumour but dont' remember if RS was the source..... just throwing it out there... I wonder if anyone is tracking Reid's or Tenley's fb/twitter lately
    I seem to remember a rumor that Reid was in LA, but I only remember speculation that it was about Bachelor Pad. Some were hoping that Reid would go on Ali's show, but why would he?? After his experience on Jillian's season, I'm pretty sure he would never want to do that again. If he liked Ali from watching Jake's season, then he could have just gotten in touch with her via the Bach/Bette party line.

I don't think the person coming back has anything to do with the "scandal" either. It sounds like Ali got a call (oh I hope she doesn't do the whiny crying) & she handled it. She could have told him to leave before the RC so that would throw the numbers off by one. Not knowing when this happened doesn't help us one bit unless we have heard of someone surfacing at a random time. Do we know when Tyler Morrow showed back up?
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3882222;
    There are definitely lots of unanswered questions regarding the guy with the girlfriend on Ali's season. This is not a new scenario; however, what will be new is how it all gets handled. There are many who have watched the past few seasons and the storylines around girlfriends/other relationships/other agendas. What will be different here is Ali, as the lead, will confront the guy and kick him to the curb. This storyline ending will finally give those viewers who wanted to see action taken some satisfaction. Ali will be labelled a hero for not putting up with crap. In fact, she will do what Jill didn't.
    Well, RS is the HypeMaster, for sure. And, yet again, we will have a replay of a previous season's scenario with a different outcome. TPTB love this rehashing of things. It's like sliding doors every season.

At this point, figuring out who reappears this season has lost its appeal to me. RS twists words and adds hype when things aren't at all deserving of either.

I am interested to see Ali's edited character when dealing with men and their various intentions. We know how things went with her and the ladies; we know how Jill handled such things as well.