Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3922726 View Post
    I do have a question, Brklyn825.
    My apologies if this question has already been answered:

At the beginning of Jake's season, RS spilled the beans that Vienna was F1 - even though he didn't yet know Vienna's fate - He just knew that she was the last woman left standing.
    Since RS does know who is the last man left standing now, why do you think he doesn't just come out with it and tell us who it is?
    Actually this is completely different than last season. Last season multiple sources came to him and said, beyond a doubt, Jake CHOSE Vienna. Because all his sources were telling him the same thing and were 100% certain that Vienna was the F1 and he didn't reject Vienna, he ran with it. This time it's different. This time he knows who she rejected, but he doesn't know, beyond a doubt from ANY of his sources, what the final outcome was with the guy that could or could not be F1.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3922744;
    Actually this is completely different than last season. Last season multiple sources came to him and said, beyond a doubt, Jake CHOSE Vienna. Because all his sources were telling him the same thing and were 100% certain that Vienna was the F1 and he didn't reject Vienna, he ran with it. This time it's different. This time he knows who she rejected, but he doesn't know, beyond a doubt from ANY of his sources, what the final outcome was with the guy that could or could not be F1.
    I get this, but there is no reason why he can't say in the same breath, "she definitely didn't choose X, but I don't know what happened with Y". It's like he thinks his readers all have reading comprehension problems and will misinterpret him.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Maybe Steve is friends with someone in the catering company that is always in the house cooking for the RCCP's or maybe even big bubba who does all the dirty work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3922751;
    I get this, but there is no reason why he can't say in the same breath, "she definitely didn't choose X, but I don't know what happened with Y". It's like he thinks his readers all have reading comprehension problems and will misinterpret him.

ITA. It's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3922751 View Post
    That's because people DO misinterpret him. He can come right out and say "the sky is not green" and people will quote him as "RS said the sky is purple!"

FORT Fogey

AGREED, exactly my point - thank you!!

RS received some pretty nasty email and comments last season - and this season as well - regarding his 'style' of blowing the lid off of things and questioning his methods. He is NOT going to say a danged thing until he is absolutely sure it is correct. He has stated that and will stick to it - and folks just need to respect his decision - and wait it out.

(Just reading alot of comments - you can see how anything that he says is self-mis-interpretted)
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Look at it this way, imagine what would have happened if RS had said Brad's final two were Jenny and DeAnna, and he knew Jenny was Brad's #2. Even if he said, "I have no idea what happens at the FRC, don't assume anything," the news that DeAnna = F1 would have spread like wildfire. And the only thing most people would remember today, long after the dust settled, is that he blew it, got it wrong, his sources are bad, etc.

And RS is misinterpreted and misquoted constantly, people do have reading comprehension problems.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3922744;
    Thanks very much, Bryklyn! That's very clear to me now.
    Marti

FORT Fogey

So we're being punished (or deprived) for the carelessness of others. Got it