Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3978830;
    Why does Ali deserve special consideration? Every lead for 20 seasons that has chosen an F1 has had to do it immediately after rejecting (at least) one other person. It seems that people (across the board, not directed at you, hooked) are jumping through hoops trying to make the new spoilers fit with what we've seen thusfar. The thing that the new spoilers confirm for me is that Ali was in no shape to choose anyone at the FRC, and she accommodated MF's desire not to have a 'no pick' ending, and apparently Roberto went along with the plan. I only hope that he did so with full disclosure, but I doubt that. If he did, he's not the man I thought he was.

Frankly, it's the two extra days that was the final nail in the coffin for this season. IF it's true that it went down that way, the general public will never know about it because then it will be obvious how much of a sham this show and this ending is.
    thank you for this^^ said much better and clearer than I ever could. it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that this was done.

I really find it odd that those who loved Reid last season, are not up in arms. Perhaps if Jillian had been given those 2 days, things might have been different? (I don't feel that way, but...) Jill was forced to dump 2 before she got to the f1. Again I feel like the redheaded step-child who is standing in the window watching the blond favorite sister get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978357;
    I guess you didn't see the que how the father thinks Roberto is a 'PRIZE' did you?
    It spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
    I think it's just a language thing. Sometimes when it's not your first language, you can't find the exact word you wanted to say. I think a lot of people understand Roberto's father when he said this, though.

[QUOTE=hooked4;3978379;]I have to agree with a poster upthread... how quickly this board has gone from thinking "How could she dump 2 such great guys" to "How on earth could she choose Roberto"? Stemming from what? A few screencaps of her supposed meltdown with Frank? We haven't even seen that episode yet, and she has clearly been expressing reservations about him from the get go.

I am certain to be in the minority here, but I for one think I am watching one of the greatest love stories to ever happen on this show! Ali and Roberto have chemistry that is off the charts coupled with what looks to me to be a very deep emotional connection too! I am having the time of my life watching their story unfold!![/QUOTE]

I'm with you!

Interesting developments!

I agree with the people who say Ali's connection and conversations with Roberto aren't deep. But that's the case for EVERY connection and conversation she's had on the show. I don't care if it's about family, work situation, hotness, or something else. These are on camera conversations with guys she's not dating exclusively. The guys have deeper connections with each other than Ali has with any of them through the end of filming the show. Sorry but that's JMHO.

I'm on Team BlondieGal/Bloomers/CashFoSho. I enjoy RS in that he's been able to one-up a big bully in Fleiss but RS has turned into a bully himself. I would LOVE it if his misogynistic self got scooped by some smart and capable ladies here at FORT.

If Ali has chosen Roberto I'm happy for them and I hope they fall in love as they get to know each other. There isn't any obvious trainwreck potential in them a la J/Ed or Jake/Vienna and if things don't work out I think they'll both keep it classy. But I hope they do work out. It'll make for a nice season ending if Ali chooses Roberto. I would've been fine with Ali choosing nobody. The one possibility that disappointed me was Ali choosing Roberto and it being over before it started but it seems that's not the case so that's good.

Regarding CL: he's been my favorite character this season much like Reid was last season, although I'd like it if CL said "like" less often (I know, camera nerves). By Capegal's account he's fine after the show so that's good. I think he knew Ali wasn't as into him and I can see him and Ali being friendly after the show. Because again the connection wasn't that deep to begin with so the weight of the rejection is more because it's public than because it's real. As far as him being the next Bachelor, the problems I see with it are the delight TPTB would take in taking a sweet, family-oriented guy who's a little nervous about courting on camera and turning him into the stud who likes to make out with multiple bimbos on his own season of the Bachelor. Also CL's narrations are hilarious but I don't think he'd be as forthcoming making fun of women on his season because he would probably see that as ungentlemanly. Plus his narrations would be partially scripted and he's funnier off the cuff.

On the other hand if TPTB like CL so much (IF they do) then maybe they'll cast some decent girls just like they cast a few decent guys for Ali. If CL were to agree to be the Bachelor then one of the things he should stipulate is no plastic surgery for any of his 25 girls. That might be a decent way of weeding out some of the attention seekers. But the reality is his season would be full of them and I still think he should just enjoy the loads of female attention he will get in real life, and enjoy it off camera.

[QUOTE=Sweeeeet!;3978890;]
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked4;3978379;
    I have to agree with a poster upthread... how quickly this board has gone from thinking "How could she dump 2 such great guys" to "How on earth could she choose Roberto"? Stemming from what? A few screencaps of her supposed meltdown with Frank? We haven't even seen that episode yet, and she has clearly been expressing reservations about him from the get go.

I am certain to be in the minority here, but I for one think I am watching one of the greatest love stories to ever happen on this show! Ali and Roberto have chemistry that is off the charts coupled with what looks to me to be a very deep emotional connection too! I am having the time of my life watching their story unfold!![/QUOTE]

I'm with you!
    Me Too

I haven't been this excited about a couple since Andy and Tessa

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3978876;
    thank you for this^^ said much better and clearer than I ever could. it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that this was done.

I really find it odd that those who loved Reid last season, are not up in arms. Perhaps if Jillian had been given those 2 days, things might have been different? (I don't feel that way, but...) Jill was forced to dump 2 before she got to the f1. Again I feel like the redheaded step-child who is standing in the window watching the blond favorite sister get to play.
    Again, my thoughts exactly.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3978815;
    Kasey seems to have been good friends w/ Frank. He spoke fondly of him in his post-show interviews. Maybe he told Frank and invited him. If the guys are planning to get together, I'm sure they weren't saying "I'm not going if Frank's there". It was likely a situation where they all agreed to get together to have fun - nothing more to make of it IMO.
    I hear what you are saying. I doubt that either Kirk or Chris L are holding a grudge against Frank and would refuse to be around him. It could be just as you said - all of them getting together to have a little fun. And maybe at the same time they were able to get some closure. I know I would have a lot of questions for Frank if I were either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3978876;

Reid dodged a bullet and now has a beautiful, normal girl. It should be Jillian wishing she had those two days. In any case, it's a different situation. Jillian was always going to get a proposal and there was always going to be an acceptance and a happy ending, Reid or Ed, didn't matter to TPTB. OTOH, if Ali and Roberto hadn't gotten those two days, there may have been a total no-pick ending and TPTB want to avoid that at all costs.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie

As a retired State Farm agent, I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows Roberto's SF story...

1. How can he be the youngest State Farm agent ever if he's not even an agent yet?
    2. I think I've known folks very close to his age who were selected into agency...
    3. I sure like Roberto, but why the big deal about being the youngest SF agent? I'd be more impressed with his aspirations of becoming the BEST SF agent ever!

My first post....just had to ask the questions ....
    Last edited by st8frmagt; 07-13-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3978906;
    Reid dodged a bullet and now has a beautiful, normal girl. It should be Jillian wishing she had those two days. In any case, it's a different situation. Jillian was always going to get a proposal and there was always going to be an acceptance and a happy ending, Reid or Ed, didn't matter to TPTB. OTOH, if Ali and Roberto hadn't gotten those two days, there may have been a total no-pick ending and TPTB want to avoid that at all costs.
    again I say... it's too bad. Why wasn't Brad given that time? or DeAnna? Or any of the others.

The premise of the show is 25 show up (or 30) and you narrow it down to 2. The last day, which is appropriately called the Final (as in last, finis no more coming) Rose Ceremony, the lead must break one person's heart and choose the other, or quite possibly choose none, or choose to date one or both in the real world. Not have a Final Rose Ceremony for 1, send him home and spend the next two days with the second one (f1) and then have another Final Rose Ceremony. That means that f1 knows that he is going to get the rose, or the chance to date, or whatever, but that knows that he is indeed f1.

I'm sorry... it just leaves a real nasty taste in my mouth, and I believe it could come back to bite the f1 and the lead in the butt. In Roberto's case, that could have consequences unless he is also going to go the show business route?? then I guess anything goes