Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

BP has wrecked us stayathomemom's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

I have also heard Vienna and Ali on DWTS
    BP please stop this mess!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3942144;
    Who britty, Tenley or Ali, on DWTS with Vienna? ChelsieFan, you're saying Vienna and Ali on DWTS?

Maybe they should do an all Bach and Bach'ette edition of DWTS.
    No, brittywitty is saying Vienna and Ali on DWTS not me. This is the first I've read about Ali and Vienna possibly going against one another. Not a fan of it but could see it happening.

LMAO if Ali and Vienna are on DWTS together I hope Vienna outlasts Ali even though I can't stand Vienna it would be pretty hilarious to see Ali throw a hissy fit. Maybe she will bawl her eyes out in the middle of the dance floor oh wait she's already done that . Ali is the biggest FAKE this show has ever had
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3942128;
    Spot on!!! While maybe not too popular a view on this board....it does speak a lot as to what perhaps Ali (or I) would look for in a mate....and what her/ my family/ my Mom would expect as my duty. Chris, duty done....get on with your life!!!! Just saying...life is short! His Mom would tell this beautiful man that, and not want him wasting another second on her. There are rainbows everywhere. As someone who lost someone equally special...the only way to move forward is to recognize...the one you lost would never want you to stop living/loving!!! JMHO from my loss. Thanks
    Karey
    I don't understand why it is not getting on with his life to live in his hometown. Both of his brothers live there with their significant others, as well as other members of his family. Maybe he likes it there. New York City is a tough place and he lived there for 5 years. Maybe at this point in his life he actually likes living on the beach with his 2 dogs and his dad. He also works in the family business. It is a fairly successful business. I don't see what's wrong with that or what in that indicates that he is lost in grief. Maybe helping to run his family's business is something he always planned on doing at some point and his mother's illness accelerated that. His sister in law also helped to run her family's business. Does that mean something is wrong with her?

Maybe his father is actually the one mourning the loss of his loved one and Chris likes being there for him. If my mom passed away, I would have no problem hanging with my dad and being there for him. I think one can be there for your family and still have a social life. He will never get over losing his mother, I certainly wouldn't, but that doesn't mean he isn't ready to move forward. Yes, he talks about her a bit. My family is all alive and I talk about them incessantly because I adore them and you can't know me and what I am about if you don't hear about them and I live hundreds of miles away from my family.

Why is being family oriented, as opposed to being "fame" oriented, negative?

If Ali does not understand that, she certainly isn't the woman for Chris so that's fine but I don't see it as a negative thing that they have different priorities. She is unemployed. Why would it make sense for him to move across the country to hang out with her in clubs and bars and doing various promotional appearances, all the while missing out on really important things like time with one's family?

By no means am I minimizing your experience, I am just saying that he may be healed enough to date- he did go on the show after all, but that he still just likes his family and chooses to be around them out of love and genuine affection, and not obligation to his deceased mother.
    Last edited by appiah01; 06-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3942141;
    Just because he lives at home doesn't mean he is not living his life. He's not married and he can probably come and go as he pleases. Plus, he can save for a mortgage on his own house until he has a family. That is the way they do it in some cultures anyway.
    Uhmmmmm...I never mentioned mortgages or rent...the fact that 18 months later he is still living with his Dad to me is the drama. If he needs to live with his Dad to save money, to pay mortgages or rent at 33 years of age....well that is a whole other story, and tells me he is not ready for marriage right there. Just saying. :nono
    Thanks
    Karey

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stayathomemom;3942151;
    I have also heard Vienna and Ali on DWTS
    How do these women qualify as stars? Has the show gotten so hard up that they keep on having to hit the reality tv pool for contestants? Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3942167;
    I don't understand why it is not getting on with his life to live in his hometown. Both of his brothers live there with their significant others, as well as other members of his family. Maybe he likes it there. New York City is a tough place and he lived there for 5 years. Maybe at this point in his life he actually likes living on the beach with his 2 dogs and his dad. He also works in the family business. It is a fairly successful business. I don't see what's wrong with that or what in that indicates that he is lost in grief. Maybe helping to run his family's business is something he always planned on doing at some point and his mother's illness accelerated that. His sister in law also helped to run her family's business. Does that mean something is wrong with her?

Maybe his father is actually the one mourning the loss of his loved one and Chris likes being there for him. If my mom passed away, I would have no problem hanging with my dad and being there for him. I think one can be there for your family and still have a social life. He will never get over losing his mother, I certainly wouldn't, but that doesn't mean he isn't ready to move forward. Yes, he talks about her a bit. My family is all alive and I talk about them incessantly because I adore them and you can't know me and what I am about if you don't hear about them and I live hundreds of miles away from my family.

Why is being family oriented, as opposed to being "fame" oriented, negative?

If Ali does not understand that, she certainly isn't the woman for Chris so that's fine but I don't see it as a negative thing that they have different priorities. She is unemployed. Why would it make sense for him to move across the country to hang out with her in clubs and bars and doing various promotional appearances, all the while missing out on really important things like time with one's family?

By no means am I minimizing your experience, I am just saying that he may be healed enough to date- he did go on the show after all, but that he still just likes his family and chooses to be around them out of love and genuine affection, and not obligation to his deceased mother.
    Thank you stating this so well. I just don't get why this is an issue. CL comes from a very loving, close family. I just don't see the issue with it myself. It's not like he hasn't accomplished anything in his life.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3942182;
    Uhmmmmm...I never mentioned mortgages or rent...the fact that 18 months later he is still living with his Dad to me is the drama. If he needs to live with his Dad to save money, to pay mortgages or rent at 33 years of age....well that is a whole other story, and tells me he is not ready for marriage right there. Just saying. :nono
    Thanks
    Karey
    He said he has a little house on the beach where he lives with his 2 dogs and his dad, which makes it sound like his house, rather than a familial home he grew up in. Is it possible that it is his house that his father moved into? Maybe his father did not want to stay in the house where his wife died or maybe it was too big for just the two of them so he moved in with Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3942182;
    Thanks
    Karey
    I've read many posts suggesting how ready he is to be married based on age and family ties but you bring up a good point and it's something to consider.

It's so obvious that Chris and Roberto like and respect each other. So that's a good thing. I bet the Ali meltdowns over the Justin and Frank girlfriend fiasco, just made Chris L and Roberto bond even more as good friends. I'd love to hear those conversations. Maybe...hmmmm "Rob..what is going on here? "Chris "Hell if I know, but let's take our parting gifts and run for the hills, buddy".

Reid lived at home with his parents several months after he returned from the show and when he found his love, got his own place. Reid's g/f obviously didn't care when they started dating. Chris is obviously helping his dad and helping in the business, nothing strange about it whatsoever. Why would he move now..if a woman is that shallow to judge and think badly about that, he doesn't need her at all. He left the Cape at a fairly young age to live and work in NYC and would still be there if his mom and the family didn't need him to come back. He loved teaching and living in NYC.