Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3942049;
    And isn't that all there is? That Insider and ET stuff? It's just so annoying, IMO, because I've never actually met anyone who geniunely seeks that fluff, celebrity-hanger-on gig as an actual career goal but it almost seems like that has become 'the' career goal for Bach'ette contestants.
    Unfortunately this celebrity stuff is a goal of many many many young people. I saw a poll awhile ago asking young people what they wanted to be and the majority picked being famous or working for someone famous!!!!! Not Dr. lawyer, teacher- the worthwhile jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3942057;
    Chris still lives at home at the age of 33. There isn't much to say about that. His mom passed away almost two years ago.
    I've been watching the show so I'm aware that he moved back home after his mother's passing which is a tad different than 'still' living at home. I'm also aware of his age. If he mentioned that he went to Providence College, though, I hadn't heard that which is why I said that I wasn't aware of that, specifically, because it's a well respected liberal arts college which I find more impressive than Ali's having gone to junior college and then transferring into Clark, which is just an ok school, IMO. So hopefully we're all clear on all of that...
    Last edited by chrisg; 06-19-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3942049;
    And isn't that all there is? That Insider and ET stuff? It's just so annoying, IMO, because I've never actually met anyone who geniunely seeks that fluff, celebrity-hanger-on gig as an actual career goal but it almost seems like that has become 'the' career goal for Bach'ette contestants.
    I think there are some entitlement issues now with this show. After Mel had some success after this show many seemed to automatically assume they would as well. Tenley was livid she didn't get DWTS because she assumed she would as F2. Not. There is no guarantee for that so none of them should go in thinking they will be the next big star. They won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3942065;
    Unfortunately this celebrity stuff is a goal of many many many young people. I saw a poll awhile ago asking young people what they wanted to be and the majority picked being famous or working for someone famous!!!!! Not Dr. lawyer, teacher- the worthwhile jobs.
    I guess it's just the celebrity hanger-on stuff that seems frivolous. I can get wanting to break into acting but having a career goal of doing fluff interviews with actors at a press junket or red carpet really strikes me as beyond lame.

I guess reality TV is really blurring those lines, though, and creating this monster where way too many people are famous for nothing and then those people are being interviewed by other people that are trying to extend their 15 minutes...
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3942090;
    I think there are some entitlement issues now with this show. After Mel had some success after this show many seemed to automatically assume they would as well. Tenley was livid she didn't get DWTS because she assumed she would as F2. Not. There is no guarantee for that so none of them should go in thinking they will be the next big star. They won't be.
    I didn't know that about Tenley!

FORT Fanatic

Well you all better buckle up because I did read that she might be going up against Vienna on DWTS that should be interesting.

AS for Jake I am glad he did what his heart lead him to do, he wanted a wife he went out and got it, they seems happy and if they make itk, it will be inspite of Fleiss the c********. If she does do the show I will be voting for Vienna count on it. Vienna was right they are fake she is proving to be.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3942057;
    Chris still lives at home at the age of 33. There isn't much to say about that. His mom passed away almost two years ago.
    Spot on!!! While maybe not too popular a view on this board....it does speak a lot as to what perhaps Ali (or I) would look for in a mate....and what her/ my family/ my Mom would expect as my duty. Chris, duty done....get on with your life!!!! Just saying...life is short! His Mom, (I am guessing, is like mine) and would tell this beautiful man that, and not want him wasting another second on grieving her. Celebrate her life..... There are rainbows everywhere. As someone who lost someone equally special...the only way to move forward is to recognize...the one you lost would never want you to stop living/loving!!! JMHO from my loss. Thanks
    Karey
    Last edited by KareyR2; 06-19-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3942126;
    Well you all better buckle up because I did read that she might be going up against Vienna on DWTS that should be interesting.

AS for Jake I am glad he did what his heart lead him to do, he wanted a wife he went out and got it, they seems happy and if they make itk, it will be inspite of Fleiss the c********. If she does do the show I will be voting for Vienna count on it. Vienna was right they are fake she is proving to be.
    I had read about V as a possible contender for this season discounted it thinking they wouldn't go that route because her season was over and Jake was already on it.

Putting her against Ali would be something MF would like and DWTS might go for it. I thought V's dancing was pretty good on finale but in all honesty wish they'd pass on both. I'd prefer Roberto lol but more than that I'd like a break from TB people on DWTS this season.

I will give Jake credit for doing what made him happy. He didn't go the safe route. I hope they are happy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3942128;
    Spot on!!! While maybe not too popular a view on this board....it does speak a lot as to what perhaps Ali (or I) would look for in a mate....and what her/ my family/ my Mom would expect as my duty. Chris, duty done....get on with your life!!!! Just saying...life is short! His Mom would tell this beautiful man that, and not want him wasting another second on her. There are rainbows everywhere. As someone who lost someone equally special...the only way to move forward is to recognize...the one you lost would never want you to stop living/loving!!! JMHO from my loss. Thanks
    Karey
    Just because he lives at home doesn't mean he is not living his life. He's not married and he can probably come and go as he pleases. Plus, he can save for a mortgage on his own house until he has a family. That is the way they do it in some cultures anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3942126;
    Who britty, Tenley or Ali, on DWTS with Vienna? ChelsieFan, you're saying Vienna and Ali on DWTS?

Maybe they should do an all Bach and Bach'ette edition of DWTS.