Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3941671;
    You betcha she would have! This is the gal who said her boyfriend cheated on her with her roommate. Now compare that kind of boyfriend to guys like Chris, Roberto, and Kirk.

The reason I think it is sad that Ali right now appears to be just into Ali is we all live together in this world, and we need each other. There will come a time when Ali will need someone else. She appears to be very self-focused right now.

I am questioning as someone else did whether Ali went into this with the idea of choosing no one. Maybe that was her intention. She got pulled off by Frank but after that made no effort to try and kindle a relationship with anyone else as it had never been her original intention.
    Ali may very well have decided to take the Bachelorette gig thinking that she wouldn't have to pick anyone if she wasn't feeling it for any of the guys. But then Ali met Frank, who by the way had the qualities that she would normally be attracted to in a guy.

When she was telling "quirky" Frank what she liked about him, she said that he wasn't "normal", and she liked that about him. Well, both Chris L and Roberto appear to be very normal guys who are probably not at all like the type of men that Ali is attracted to. Ali was in her comfort zone with Frank.

So, I think that Ali probably would have picked Frank as her F1, and there may or may not have been an actual engagement at the end. I could have seen her asking Frank to move to CA hoping that he would be able to find screenwriting work in Hollywood. They could have even opted to just date and see where it went, but he chose to leave.

This ending just shows what Ali's history - as she has told it - and how things happens to her - confirmed by CH's comments as well - get her to where she is now - I do believe she started AND left the show single - is still single - full circle - and just a bit richer LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3941809;
    This is what I fear, and I agree with you... this is very possible.....and then Chris is the next bachelor.....and so the story continiues.........really felt this season would have a "good" ending...... I feel sorry for both Chris and Ali if they didn't at least tried to work it out
    My only anger toward Ali would be if Chris was hurt. If he understood and did not feel that they were right for each other, then I wouldn't have a problem with Ali picking no one. I love Chris, but I am not sure I would want him subjected to being the Bachelor. I really don't see him agreeing to do it. He has a great personality, but I see him more as a shy, private person than a media seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3941868;
    My only anger toward Ali would be if Chris was hurt. If he understood and did not feel that they were right for each other, then I wouldn't have a problem with Ali picking no one. I love Chris, but I am not sure I would want him subjected to being the Bachelor. I really don't see him agreeing to do it. He has a great personality, but I see him more as a shy, private person than a media seeker.
    I agree with you 100% - and hope it does not come down to that as well - I think Roberto would be much more well equipped to handle being the bach
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3941865;
    Ali may very well have decided to take the Bachelorette gig thinking that she wouldn't have to pick anyone if she wasn't feeling it for any of the guys. But then Ali met Frank, who by the way had the qualities that she would normally be attracted to in a guy.

When she was telling "quirky" Frank what she liked about him, she said that he wasn't "normal", and she liked that about him. Well, both Chris L and Roberto appear to be very normal guys who are probably not at all like the type of men that Ali is attracted to. Ali was in her comfort zone with Frank.

So, I think that Ali probably would have picked Frank as her F1, and there may or may not have been an actual engagement at the end. I could have seen her asking Frank to move to CA hoping that he would be able to find screenwriting work in Hollywood. They could have even opted to just date and see where it went, but he chose to leave.
    Why would frank go back to his ex? someone is an "EX" for a reason. He missed out.

Also I know Roberto will be the next bachelor. They've always wanted someone with a different background "Latino"

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941759;
    If I was friends with Ali since she is right around my age bracket, I honestly would tell her that she needs to stop picking losers and that the whole "there are too many fish in the sea" thing isn't really true. Guys in their 20s and 30s right now are in delayed extended adolescence. It is actually pretty hard to find a stable, mature, unselfish guy who isn't looking for an "accessory" while he pursues his dreams, career, fun, friends, whatever. I would tell her that she should really try dating out of type a bit because love actually does grow and unless he's totally unattractive maybe giving a guy with a great personality and great, compatible qualities is worth it, particularly since all of the guys she has chosen in the past have been duds. The ever elusive spark is important but not even really foundational in establishing a life long relationship because sparks come and go but commitment is the foundation of lasting love (particularly today when people divorce practically on a whim).

I would tell her she doesn't have to marry the guy but to just give it a shot because you never know and I would tell her that I get the whole career thing- I am ambitious as well and I understand wanting money and fame, but it isn't real and doesn't last and companionship and family are really key and if you meet someone who gets that, you should hold on to him. Finally, I'd tell her that you don't have to kiss a ton of frogs to find a prince. Sometimes life just presents him to you and you should have the wisdom and maturity to go for it.

Honestly, I feel like having too many options, whether it be relationally or vocationally, is crippling my generation and making us emotionally stunted and immature. I definitely don't think Ali is a bad person. She seems like a 100% normal, regular girl....she is just totally prototypical of peeps in my generation and I am not sure that we aren't missing somethings that people in our parents and grandparents generations seemed to understand.
    So well stated and I agree with everything, especially the bold. Life could have just given her a really great guy (hey, maybe even 2) and because she was so focused on Frank and her "career" aspirations and the whole "so many other guys" idea, she probably just missed it. It's okay. She is young and she'll mature and learn to appreciate a nice man. It seems that Meredith certainly has after picking Ian so I'm hoping Ali is able to find a nice man one day too. She just needs to mature and get a grip on her Tom fantasies and she'll be fine.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3941868;
    I get that about Chris too...and you can see how nervous he is with Ali in front of the camera. He gets all ansy and almost tongue tied speaking to her. I am not sure he would be calm and relaxed as a lead should be.

All and all about this season, I'm feeling a little bit violated. It's all so unnecessary.
    Last edited by happy2bme; 06-19-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3941873;
    So well stated and I agree with everything, especially the bold. Life could have just given her a really great guy (hey, maybe even 2) and because she was so focused on Frank and her "career" aspirations and the whole "so many other guys" idea, she probably just missed it. It's okay. She is young and she'll mature and learn to appreciate a nice man. It seems that Meredith certainly has after picking Ian so I'm hoping Ali is able to find a nice man one day too. She just needs to mature and get a grip on her Tom fantasies and she'll be fine.
    IF Frank was THE one - basically she goes right for the same ole - same ole - as she has explained in Jake's season - she hasn't learned her lesson well at all.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3941806;
    But how do we know she was looking for money not love? She was going to be paid either way...so we can only come to that conclusion by the fact that she didn't choose someone at the end. But do we really know? Maybe she really wanted Frank? Maybe she likes something that wasn't offered in any of these 25 guys... We don't know that she wasn't looking for love.
    Good analysis, Bonbonlover. Thank you. If Ali wants money, she'd have received her check for the show regardless of walking away engaged or alone or dating in the real world. If Ali wants fame, neither Chris nor Roberto seem like the kind of guy who would require her to stay at home and she doesn't seem like the woman who would do so. The percentage of stars who live in LA is pretty small, despite what most people think. They have families and lives and spouses with or without careers outside of Hollywood.

I don't know why she didn't pick Chris. I don't know why (or IF at this point) she didn't pick Roberto. But either of these situations doesn't mean squat as far as I'm concerned regarding motive.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3941877;
    IF Frank was THE one - basically she goes right for the same ole - same ole - as she has explained in Jake's season - she hasn't learned her lesson well at all.
    I honestly don't think Frank was THE one at all. I think Frank was pretty much scripted and chosen because he had all the things on Ali's list. I think he would have been her F1 if he had stayed only because he would have been more willing to go to CA and be in the entertainment scene, which is what I think ALi really wanted out of all this.