Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

  1. #4961
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    622

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941759;
    If I was friends with Ali since she is right around my age bracket, I honestly would tell her that she needs to stop picking losers and that the whole "there are too many fish in the sea" thing isn't really true. Guys in their 20s and 30s right now are in delayed extended adolescence. It is actually pretty hard to find a stable, mature, unselfish guy who isn't looking for an "accessory" while he pursues his dreams, career, fun, friends, whatever. I would tell her that she should really try dating out of type a bit because love actually does grow and unless he's totally unattractive maybe giving a guy with a great personality and great, compatible qualities is worth it, particularly since all of the guys she has chosen in the past have been duds. The ever elusive spark is important but not even really foundational in establishing a life long relationship because sparks come and go but commitment is the foundation of lasting love (particularly today when people divorce practically on a whim).

    I would tell her she doesn't have to marry the guy but to just give it a shot because you never know and I would tell her that I get the whole career thing- I am ambitious as well and I understand wanting money and fame, but it isn't real and doesn't last and companionship and family are really key and if you meet someone who gets that, you should hold on to him. Finally, I'd tell her that you don't have to kiss a ton of frogs to find a prince. Sometimes life just presents him to you and you should have the wisdom and maturity to go for it.

    Honestly, I feel like having too many options, whether it be relationally or vocationally, is crippling my generation and making us emotionally stunted and immature. I definitely don't think Ali is a bad person. She seems like a 100% normal, regular girl....she is just totally prototypical of peeps in my generation and I am not sure that we aren't missing somethings that people in our parents and grandparents generations seemed to understand.


    Your post ever so true.

  2. #4962
    FORT Regular Here's to you's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Bravo!!!!

  3. #4963
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3941764 View Post
    Your post ever so true.
    A very mature and intelligent post.

  4. #4964
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    it doesnt look like she was looking for love just money. Maybe that is the show she should have gone on For love or Money.
    But how do we know she was looking for money not love? She was going to be paid either way...so we can only come to that conclusion by the fact that she didn't choose someone at the end. But do we really know? Maybe she really wanted Frank? Maybe she likes something that wasn't offered in any of these 25 guys... We don't know that she wasn't looking for love.
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  5. #4965
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    375

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3941761;
    Basically - it all comes down to the general theme that has been expounded on time after time for this show - she/CH have kept up with the ''will he love me back'' theme - and that will be how it ends - Chris - I bet - lets her know not to choose him - Roberto turns her down - neither ''will love her back''

    From the opening scenes - to the end - it is that simple IMHO
    This is what I fear, and I agree with you... this is very possible.....and then Chris is the next bachelor.....and so the story continiues.........really felt this season would have a "good" ending...... I feel sorry for both Chris and Ali if they didn't at least tried to work it out

  6. #4966
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    998

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3941761;
    Basically - it all comes down to the general theme that has been expounded on time after time for this show - she/CH have kept up with the ''will he love me back'' theme - and that will be how it ends - Chris - I bet - lets her know not to choose him - Roberto turns her down - neither ''will love her back''

    From the opening scenes - to the end - it is that simple IMHO
    That would go with the HAUNTING VO 'I cannot propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me'.

    For some reason that is a strange thing to say the day before the FRC. There is doubt and hesitation. It doesn't sound like it's just a buddy/friendship thing, but a doubt cast by Frank leaving and Ali being upset. If he's so head over heels over her why is he hesitating? Even if SHE dumped him...he HAD DOUBTS about them. Sounds like it was at least mutual.

  7. #4967
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941759;
    If I was friends with Ali since she is right around my age bracket, I honestly would tell her that she needs to stop picking losers and that the whole "there are too many fish in the sea" thing isn't really true. Guys in their 20s and 30s right now are in delayed extended adolescence. It is actually pretty hard to find a stable, mature, unselfish guy who isn't looking for an "accessory" while he pursues his dreams, career, fun, friends, whatever. I would tell her that she should really try dating out of type a bit because love actually does grow and unless he's totally unattractive maybe giving a guy with a great personality and great, compatible qualities is worth it, particularly since all of the guys she has chosen in the past have been duds. The ever elusive spark is important but not even really foundational in establishing a life long relationship because sparks come and go but commitment is the foundation of lasting love (particularly today when people divorce practically on a whim).

    I would tell her she doesn't have to marry the guy but to just give it a shot because you never know and I would tell her that I get the whole career thing- I am ambitious as well and I understand wanting money and fame, but it isn't real and doesn't last and companionship and family are really key and if you meet someone who gets that, you should hold on to him. Finally, I'd tell her that you don't have to kiss a ton of frogs to find a prince. Sometimes life just presents him to you and you should have the wisdom and maturity to go for it.

    Honestly, I feel like having too many options, whether it be relationally or vocationally, is crippling my generation and making us emotionally stunted and immature. I definitely don't think Ali is a bad person. She seems like a 100% normal, regular girl....she is just totally prototypical of peeps in my generation and I am not sure that we aren't missing somethings that people in our parents and grandparents generations seemed to understand.
    Very well stated!!
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  8. #4968
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3941809;
    This is what I fear, and I agree with you... this is very possible.....and then Chris is the next bachelor.....and so the story continiues.........really felt this season would have a "good" ending...... I feel sorry for both Chris and Ali if they didn't at least tried to work it out
    OO - they worked it out alrighty - if asking not to be chosen is any indication........ - they are done - capoooot
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  9. #4969
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    41

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941759;
    If I was friends with Ali since she is right around my age bracket, I honestly would tell her that she needs to stop picking losers and that the whole "there are too many fish in the sea" thing isn't really true. Guys in their 20s and 30s right now are in delayed extended adolescence. It is actually pretty hard to find a stable, mature, unselfish guy who isn't looking for an "accessory" while he pursues his dreams, career, fun, friends, whatever. I would tell her that she should really try dating out of type a bit because love actually does grow and unless he's totally unattractive maybe giving a guy with a great personality and great, compatible qualities is worth it, particularly since all of the guys she has chosen in the past have been duds. The ever elusive spark is important but not even really foundational in establishing a life long relationship because sparks come and go but commitment is the foundation of lasting love (particularly today when people divorce practically on a whim).

    I would tell her she doesn't have to marry the guy but to just give it a shot because you never know and I would tell her that I get the whole career thing- I am ambitious as well and I understand wanting money and fame, but it isn't real and doesn't last and companionship and family are really key and if you meet someone who gets that, you should hold on to him. Finally, I'd tell her that you don't have to kiss a ton of frogs to find a prince. Sometimes life just presents him to you and you should have the wisdom and maturity to go for it.

    Honestly, I feel like having too many options, whether it be relationally or vocationally, is crippling my generation and making us emotionally stunted and immature. I definitely don't think Ali is a bad person. She seems like a 100% normal, regular girl....she is just totally prototypical of peeps in my generation and I am not sure that we aren't missing somethings that people in our parents and grandparents generations seemed to understand.
    Very well said! Great post.

  10. #4970
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3941761;
    Basically - it all comes down to the general theme that has been expounded on time after time for this show - she/CH have kept up with the ''will he love me back'' theme - and that will be how it ends - Chris - I bet - lets her know not to choose him - Roberto turns her down - neither ''will love her back''

    From the opening scenes - to the end - it is that simple IMHO
    Word.

    I keep remembering DeAnna's season after Graham left at F4. In an interview Jeremy gave post-season he was explaining their FD. They did the jet ski thing and then hung out on the beach. Towards the end, they took a walk hand-in-hand in the sunset along the beach, wading in the surf. It was presented to viewers as a very romantic ending to their adventurous day. What Jeremy said in the interview is that during that walk in the sunset, DeAnna was quizzing him about what he planned for his future when the show wrapped and trying to find out if he had any aspirations for Hollywood or the entertainment industry. He said he was sort of shocked and told her I know what I'm going to be doing, I'm an attorney and I'm going back to Dallas to practice law. Boom Jeremy is gone at F3.

    I have no doubt that both Chris and Roberto sensed how torn up Ali was after Frank left and they had intense talks about not going forward with not only Ali but the producers as well. I believe both guys told Ali and the producers that they would NOT be proposing. So they have to fit that turn of events into their theme of -- will he love me back. Frank has shown he won't love her back. Chris at F2 will have to be edited as heartbroken, regardless of the truth. In keeping with the theme, I think Roberto will walk away at the FRC. And Ali is single.

    So, the story goes. Nobody will love Ali back. On to bigger and better things in Hollywood.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.