Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3941523;
    What did these people say exactly? that she's in it for the money and fame? I am curious what her college coach had to say especially
    I'm not sure where the original post is --probably in the Media thread. You might try searching for "soccer" there. If I remember correctly, he talked about how driven she is and said something about not being sure she was ready to settle down.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3941549;
    I'm not sure where the original post is --probably in the Media thread. You might try searching for "soccer" there. If I remember correctly, he talked about how driven she is and said something about not being sure she was ready to settle down.
    That's kind of funny. On night one Ali was saying how one of her fears is that guys weren't going to be there for the right reasons... "to find love"... she's doing the exact same thing. The only reason I think she is there was to further her career.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3941555;
    That's kind of funny. On night one Ali was saying how one of her fears is that guys weren't going to be there for the right reasons... "to find love"... she's doing the exact same thing. The only reason I think she is there was to further her career.
    Yesterday, someone stated it perfectly - why should the suitors/contestants be there to find love if the lead isn't there for the right reasons?

This season may be a perfect example of just that - two great guys with a lead that really wasn't interested in love.

Frank spouting that no one is there for love, everyone just wants to be on TV is a pure defense mechanism IMO. While he may be right in what he's saying, he's trying to do damage control for what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3941541;
    I think at this stage Ali is all about Ali which really is not very becoming.
    Bloomers, I would agree with you 100% except I still go back to post 4584 in this thread that I said why I hated myself relative to this show. We all have a perception of her based upon a TV character and the romantic in me will still want to believe that that she is who we see on TV but the realist in me gets kicked and then I remember it is just a character. Can't help but wonder if she had met either C or R in real life (before TV) would she give either of them a look?
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

FORT Fanatic

So I am randomly watching some old footage from Andy's and Tessa's season...man oh man has this show devolved over the years. It is like the show that we see now is a completely different show. The dates then were so much more normal, the interactions were so much more real, conversations seemed less edited, and the contestants were not all gunning for their 15 minutes of fame. None of the women from that season have gone on to be in the press. Peyton is now back on Bachelor Pad but that's about it.

Andy saved the franchise because before him the ratings were in the toilet but ever sense the show has gotten more and more salacious and more and more fake. Kind of a shame because from what I am seeing, I am remembering why I found it so compelling that season. I am not saying that Baldwin is the truest picture of what he was edited to be but I am saying that all around everyone just seemed more interested in actually getting to know each other rather than being at the center of manufactured drama.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3941606;
    Bloomers, I would agree with you 100% except I still go back to post 4584 in this thread that I said why I hated myself relative to this show. We all have a perception of her based upon a TV character and the romantic in me will still want to believe that that she is who we see on TV but the realist in me gets kicked and then I remember it is just a character. Can't help but wonder if she had met either C or R in real life (before TV) would she give either of them a look?
    You betcha she would have! This is the gal who said her boyfriend cheated on her with her roommate. Now compare that kind of boyfriend to guys like Chris, Roberto, and Kirk.

The reason I think it is sad that Ali right now appears to be just into Ali is we all live together in this world, and we need each other. There will come a time when Ali will need someone else. She appears to be very self-focused right now.

I am questioning as someone else did whether Ali went into this with the idea of choosing no one. Maybe that was her intention. She got pulled off by Frank but after that made no effort to try and kindle a relationship with anyone else as it had never been her original intention.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941657;
    So I am randomly watching some old footage from Andy's and Tessa's season...man oh man has this show devolved over the years. It is like the show that we see now is a completely different show. The dates then were so much more normal, the interactions were so much more real, conversations seemed less edited, and the contestants were not all gunning for their 15 minutes of fame. None of the women from that season have gone on to be in the press. Peyton is now back on Bachelor Pad but that's about it.

Andy saved the franchise because before him the ratings were in the toilet but ever sense the show has gotten more and more salacious and more and more fake. Kind of a shame because from what I am seeing, I am remembering why I found it so compelling that season. I am not saying that Baldwin is the truest picture of what he was edited to be but I am saying that all around everyone just seemed more interested in actually getting to know each other rather than being at the center of manufactured drama.
    I wish they'd return to non-commercial dates. I don't mind the product placement so much, but it seems as if half of every show is an infomercial for something or another.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3941471;
    Chris is a company man he will say whatever it takes to get the most ratings. Even if it includes lying. he said Jason would come out smelling like a rose and well we know how that went
    And earlier this week when Ryan Seacrest interviewed Chris, Ryan mentioned another spin off - Bachelor Pad -and Chris said that he was riding this Bachelor series til it ran out. He is a company man and will do/say whatever necessary.

I'm starting to feel more sorry for Ali than I do the guys. It's going to be a while before she meets a guy of high quality like Rob or Chris. They are not a dime a dozen.

FORT Fanatic

Isnt there a saying Wanty, wanty cant get it and getty, getty dont want it. Well Ali wanted the bachelorette to find a husband as she said only it might have been a lie by omission. Someone said in the show Karma is a b**** I believe it will coming back, hope she can stand the heat. Did not like her on Jake series but decide to her a fair shake never realizing that my first impression and gut feeling was right, now she will have made a fool out of 2 respectable men to gain fame. Well wish her the best the carriage that she is riding in someday she will wake up all alone with no one to blame but hersefl.
    Last edited by brittyiswitty; 06-19-2010 at 04:49 PM.