Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3941298;
    I think that kiss has been analyzed to death.
    Everyone has an opinion whether it's 'their' style or not. Everyone sees it thru their own experiences. Also, many saw the dates thru their biased eyes (team Chris or Team Roberto), so they got the story to fit their desires.
    Personally, it looked like an 'anticipatory kiss' to me. Some people love that type of kissing. It's called passionate to some people. I can't speak for them and what they truly felt, but they BOTH went for it...I find Frank's and Kirk's kisses BORING. Just sayin.
    I wasn't addressing the "style" of kiss -- rather your original comment that Ali was all over Chris and led him on during it. I'd address this further but what's the point. Let's just agree to disagree.

Re: the bolded -- Yes, many but not all. And those of us who didn't were criticized when we voiced our unbiased opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3941320;
    I wouldn't say it wasn't romantic. Ali says IT was the BEST DATE of the show.
    I'm sure it wasn't just about JR. My gosh, Portugal, Iceland...I love certain singers, but the things that are special to me are the ones that give me THE BEST EMOTIONAL FEELINGS. She certainly said that during the concert w Chris.

I guess we can interpret the same situation in many ways. As to the sitting around and not making out... she was sick. You cannot compare THAT situation with another. To me, it looked like he was giving her space because of her cold. He wasn't sure if it was ok. It was until she started coming towards him while dancing that he went for it.

Anywhoo, everybody was already making wedding arrangements for her and Roberto at epi3. Rob says he's falling in love during epi4.
    Don't mean to single you out but let's delve into this a little bit -- yes, Ali said the JR date was the best. However, Brad also said the rooftop date (with Jenni) was the best date he'd ever had. When the lead says these things, it doesn't mean squat -- for all we know, they're told to say these things!

Re: the not kissing -- just the night before, she kissed 3 guys! We're not sure whether she went all out with Roberto and I just remember a peck with Kirk, but she definitely went at it with Frank. The scene where we see Frank & Ali from far away and then it moves close up and we see Frank talking -- when they were far away, you can tell there's some serious kissing going on under the umbrella. So...if Ali wanted to do some kissing with Chris, she would have.

And there weren't very many people here making plans for Roberto & Ali -- I would say the overwhelming majority here was buying Ali a ticket back to Mass. so she could settle down with Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3941328;
    Is Joshua Radin seeing anyone?
    OMG, BlondieGal, I was thinking the same thing during their date!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3941330;
    Yep, Alanna. I think Trista was in her early 30s when she picked Ryan. Maybe you have to hit that past 30 point to really get it together and realize that really good guys don't come around every day.
    I wouldn't say this is true at all -- I would think the wanting to be in the limelight would factor more into this than anything else. I met DH when we were 21 and we were married at 25. I think it all depends on whether you find the RIGHT person at the RIGHT time.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3941310;
    No problem, IG. I think snark like that can cut both ways, though. Ali went to an ok liberal arts college and had what really is no more than a sales job at FB. I work in investment management on Wall Street and went to Ivy League schools. The person that has a background most like mine that I've seen on any edition of the Bach was Ian -- whom I instantly knew would likely never marry Meredith because the guys I know see girls like that (Ali included) as famehos and nothing more -- so marrying them would be the ultimate embarrassment. I never posted that on FoRT before, though, because different people do see things from different perspectives and it is a bit harsh and classist, even when prefaced with being snarky.
    This is such a wonderful place, we all can civilly express our opinions and still disagree. I worked right on Wall street for 14 of my 20 years in the investment business, and a lot of the guys I worked with would jump to have the trophy wife, the ones the whole world would stare and at the cocktail partys they were always the ones with pretty arm candy. Shallow yes, buit these women got what they wanted too.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3941343;
    I'm hoping the season doesn't end the way RS and Cash have said it would. I have no doubt that their sources are correct, but I keep going back to what Chris Harrison said about how "when all is said and done" we're going to like the ending. Personally, I'm only going to truly like a Chris/Ali ending but maybe, just maybe.... Ali and Roberto decided to take a break until the FRC airs and they can go public and see if they still have something out in the real world.. they could talk on the phone or maybe see each other once. Maybe they wanted to see if indeed "absense makes the heart grow fonder" and also to give him time to do his training. An ending like that could still work and everybody still be right...just sayin'....
    With the right editing (hopefully, the truth!), we'll be happy that Ali chooses not to string Roberto & Chris along after Frank leaves. After all, wasn't the large majority here hoping Jake chose no one rather than choose Vienna?? [I know I was!] I think that's what CH means when he says when all is said and done, we're going to like the ending.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3941346;
    Only problem is someone in their 30s should have enough sense to know what they are looking for and not engage in silly melodramas. I don't know many 31 year old women who drink too much champagne and start hooking up with a guy, who is "dating" 15 other women, in a hot tub with no mind towards the 8 camera crew present. They'd likely act with more decorum because they have established careers or reputations that they are mindful of. That does not bring in the ratings. Each time there is some crazy, dramatic thing that happens, the ratings go through the roof. This show is about ratings and money...period.

MF loves Trista because she was the first Bachelorette. Fewer guys went on for fame because they didn't know that was possible at that point. Because of the success of Trista and Ryan people were able to buy into the potential for a fairytale and be hooked for seasons to come just hoping that eventually someone would be the next Trista and Ryan. Absent that, Fleiss knows that the next best thing is to bring the drama because most people can't look away from a trainwreck or a car accident. That's why shows like The Hills and Real World are still successful even though there is nothing realistic about them, whatsoever.

It is so hard not to get emotionally invested in the characters that Fleiss sells, which he banks on and which his masterful casting crew and editors do an amazing job of finding and showcasing...so people will continue to watch the show...until they decide it is just too stupid and outlandish to do so. I had that realization with the Bachelor 2 seasons ago. The assault on my intelligence on this season of the Bachelorette (which actually began last season with Ed, who is the antithesis of genuine and who Jillian was bound and determined to make her man even if he never has any intention of marrying her) may be enough for me. Recaps here I come.
    And the person that I feel the worst for is Chris L. because I think out of all of the final 4 participants -- that's Ali and the F3 -- he may have taken it the most seriously because he is in his 30s and comes across very much as someone who is ready to put any dating games aside, much less the larger than life games that are played on this show. And I hope he doesn't become the next Bach for his sake because that will be a 3 ring circus.

If Trista had never married Ryan, we would have all given up seasons ago, I think. There are more marriages that have come out of the Biggest Loser for goodness sakes than these Bach and Bach'ette shows.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3941354;
    With the right editing (hopefully, the truth!), we'll be happy that Ali chooses not to string Roberto & Chris along after Frank leaves. After all, wasn't the large majority here hoping Jake chose no one rather than choose Vienna?? [I know I was!] I think that's what CH means when he says when all is said and done, we're going to like the ending.
    That's usually how it ends up, CSW. We're happy for X or X and Y to have dodged the bullet of the fameho Bach or Bach'ette.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3941344;
    While we are snarking hehehe....that guy had not had a date in 3 years, bless his heart, no wonder he looked like he was going to swollow her face as someone so indelicately put it.
    It is just too bad the cameraman feels like he has to be up their noses all the time.
    Aww, come on, Bloomers...I said I wasn't writing it to be mean!!

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3941352;
    This is such a wonderful place, we all can civilly express our opinions and still disagree. I worked right on Wall street for 14 of my 20 years in the investment business, and a lot of the guys I worked with would jump to have the trophy wife, the ones the whole world would stare and at the cocktail partys they were always the ones with pretty arm candy. Shallow yes, buit these women got what they wanted too.
    That's not what it's about in the 21st century, IMO. The guys I work with want an intellectual and substantive partner who also happens to look great - not just arm candy. And that's what I want too. I don't need a rich guy. I can manage that on my own. But I'd like a guy who can keep up intellectually, hopefully pull his own weight financially and who is as cute as I am. And I really hope that's enough about me because I just wanted to make the point that snarkiness about Chris L. and Roberto could easily be turned around into snarkiness about Ali -- not to toot my own horn, so I'd really like to stop now.

And every time I post about people being in their 30s being more ready to settle down someone usually chimes in that got married at 16 and has been married for 75 years which is great. It's just a generalization that I believe has some truth to it in general.
    Last edited by chrisg; 06-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3941311;
    There has certainly been alot to absorb in the past 24 hours. It seems
    that Ali got exactly what she wanted by being The Bachelorette ~
    she's a reality tv star. Of course she's happy. Why wouldn't she be?
    She's got paparazzi following her like she's J Lo. She started toeing the
    company line in Jake's season. She's everything Fleiss could hope for in
    a lead ~ a liar to the core. Not surprising she's his favorite lead ever.

Very disappointing for those of us who actually hope to see a love story.
    Ali Fedotowsky is a phoney!
    Wow....she choses no one??? OMG!! Boy have I been absent from the boards. Oh dear! What are the details on this? RS predicted this?? Sorry I am behind.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3941354;
    you're probably right.... but it seems like I just can't take off my rose coloured glasses when it comes to this darn show
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3941357;
    Aww, come on, Bloomers...I said I wasn't writing it to be mean!!
    You know...I can be so realistic, too. She is the lead, he has already half-way fallen for her, and ostensibly he has been without female companionship for 3 years. No wonder he goes in with that much zeal!
    I just took it at face value - all puns aside.

Add to that, these guys have been holed up in a hotel room with no outlets and very little to do. No wonder it looks like they are ready to jump the lead sometimes.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3941351;
    I wasn't addressing the "style" of kiss -- rather your original comment that Ali was all over Chris and led him on during it. I'd address this further but what's the point. Let's just agree to disagree.

Re: the bolded -- Yes, many but not all. And those of us who didn't were criticized when we voiced our unbiased opinions.

Don't mean to single you out but let's delve into this a little bit -- yes, Ali said the JR date was the best. However, Brad also said the rooftop date (with Jenni) was the best date he'd ever had. When the lead says these things, it doesn't mean squat -- for all we know, they're told to say these things!

Re: the not kissing -- just the night before, she kissed 3 guys! We're not sure whether she went all out with Roberto and I just remember a peck with Kirk, but she definitely went at it with Frank. The scene where we see Frank & Ali from far away and then it moves close up and we see Frank talking -- when they were far away, you can tell there's some serious kissing going on under the umbrella. So...if Ali wanted to do some kissing with Chris, she would have.

And there weren't very many people here making plans for Roberto & Ali -- I would say the overwhelming majority here was buying Ali a ticket back to Mass. so she could settle down with Chris.

OMG, BlondieGal, I was thinking the same thing during their date!

I wouldn't say this is true at all -- I would think the wanting to be in the limelight would factor more into this than anything else. I met DH when we were 21 and we were married at 25. I think it all depends on whether you find the RIGHT person at the RIGHT time.
    I didn't watch Brad season.

As I said before,we have perceptions based on our frame of references (experiences). When I think of a special moment, or one that gave me the butterflies, it is while hearing songs and WHOM I was with. Ali is still talking about the JR date after the show.
    I've said that the VOs are made up. You can see and
    hear the splicing.

I actually didn't think she's be all that interested in living on the Cape. She said she's a Cali girl now, and I think she meant it in more ways than one (the fame , the fortune, not just the weather).I was wondering if in the future convos they would address it. I also questioned Rob wanting to leave SC and his business for her. If people are ready to settle down, they usually like to stay in their familiar environment, unless they hate it and are looking to move or their travelling job makes them do it.

I do think that timing is everything for BOTH parties.

Bottom line: I wouldn't be surprised if they're all in on it (whose to play what role) and we're suckers thinking that there is a possibility that they can fall in love, just because 2 couples got married earlier.