Page 44 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354941445441044 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaltzer;3892729;
    MayJ, I would be glad to post the webcam links, however today I can't even get to the websites to copy the links. The Pearl Resorts (Pearl Resort Moorea and Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort) website and the Le Taha'a website are both down completely now. Can't get to the hotel websites OR their webcams right now. Hmmmm.........!!!!!!!!!! It will be interesting to see when these websites and webcams come back online.

I did get to the website for the ferry between Tahiti and Moorea ( Aremiti.pf - Tahiti Moorea Live Webcam sur l'Aremiti 5 ) and the webcam is still down and the only image available is from May 1.
    I'd say that is very suspicious. With the flight information to back it up, I'd venture to guess there is some reality TV filming going on here. It will be interesting to see when it suddenly becomes available again.

maybe it's just being a newbie, but isn't it kind of drastic for a resort to actually shut down their website for a few days.... I can't imagine any of those fancy hotels would be willing to go that far and lose potential future business.... the compensation for complying with TPTB's demand for a blackout must be huge!!

Since nothing has been found in local newspapers/bloggers/FB, etc, one wonders whether the gag has been put on them too... I'm surprised the government would allow that though, since newspapers are a public service?
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3892758;
    maybe it's just being a newbie, but isn't it kind of drastic for a resort to actually shut down their website for a few days.... I can't imagine any of those fancy hotels would be willing to go that far and lose potential future business.... the compensation for complying with TPTB's demand for a blackout must be huge!!

Since nothing has been found in local newspapers/bloggers/FB, etc, one wonders whether the gag has been put on them too... I'm surprised the government would allow that though, since newspapers are a public service?
    I would think the hotel/resort would be happy to shut down the webcam for just a few days, possibly a week. They're going to be getting a TON of publicity when the show airs -- people that would never go to their website to look at the webcam. And somebody posted earlier that tourism is down in that area now, so anything to drum up business.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

you're probably right...but it's just that fiji mentioned entire websites are down and inaccessible, not just the webcam links.... that's what seemed drastic to me
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

FORT Fogey

On the sleuthing side, a poster dug out a message on Ali's FB from Jessie (Jake's season) whereby she indicates she knows a Canadian boy on Ali's season. Therefore, my guess is that perhaps Jessie does return this season and it could be because of Justin (the cheater).

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3892776;
    On the sleuthing side, a poster dug out a message on Ali's FB from Jessie (Jake's season) whereby she indicates she knows a Canadian boy on Ali's season. Therefore, my guess is that perhaps Jessie does return this season and it could be because of Justin (the cheater).
    There was also another rumored bachelor from Ontario. Somebody posted it on twitter a while back but we never got a name. I wish I could remember the name of the city he was from...

Justin is from Toronto (so says the contestant thread) and Jessie is from Oakville – it’s like spitting distance apart (about 20 miles – or 32 kms for we Canucks!). RS was trying to find out if the returning person had to do with the cheater s/l - makes sense, since we know the return person has nothing to do with the M&G or helping Ali make any decisions about the guys.
    Last edited by anders332; 05-03-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Though the resort websites are down, you can still make reservations online through other travel reservation websites. Of course travel agents would still be able to assist customers and phone reservations would still be possible, too. The only thing lost, and just for a short period of time, would be direct website reservations. When traveling that far, I would think the majority of reservations would be through agents or specialty travel websites. I seriously doubt they will suffer any loss of reservations with this and the advertising gains will be considerable.

Has anyone else tried to reach the pearl resorts website or Le Taha'a Resort website - just to confirm these sites are down and it's not just a glitch in my system?

FORT Fan

I just tried LeTaha's Resort, Pearl Resort Moorea and Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort and I could not reach any of the three websites. I could see their information if I went thru a source other than the hotel itself, but just googling those three names, no response by the websites. I agree that it is odd that all three sites are down right now, at the same time. Is there a storm going on that we don't know about???

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3892789;
    I just tried LeTaha's Resort, Pearl Resort Moorea and Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort and I could not reach any of the three websites. I could see their information if I went thru a source other than the hotel itself, but just googling those three names, no response by the websites. I agree that it is odd that all three sites are down right now, at the same time. Is there a storm going on that we don't know about???
    82 and partly cloudy. Shoudn't be affecting anything.