Page 2 of 1501 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3874667;
    Question here - if this is the spoiler side of the board - and there is only an RS spoiler thread - where is other spoiler non-RS stuff supposed to be discussed?? Any ideas anyone??
    I've been wondering if maybe somebody should start a thread to discuss potential contestants on this side? Most of the info we have on these guys is considered spoilers not sleuthing since a lot of it comes from inside sources. Heck the fact that we even know any of these guys are on the show in the first place seems like a huge "spoiler" to me anyways, right?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3874681;
    I've been wondering if maybe somebody should start a thread to discuss potential contestants on this side? Most of the info we have on these guys is considered spoilers not sleuthing since a lot of it comes from inside sources. Heck the fact that we even know any of these guys are on the show in the first place seems like a huge "spoiler" to me anyways, right?
    This is not my part of the sleuthing, granted, but I think you might want to wade through this part carefully when deciding preseason on sleuthing potential contestants what is a spoiler and what is sleuthing. It gets tricky here. First, you are sleuthing. Second, if you are extremely boxed in preseason to how you can track down your contestants to slueth what is happening, you may find that you don't have the "who" to go with where they are going.
    Think about how few or how many contestants you were able to positively identify simply by twitter or facebook. How about by family or friends? Is the number sizable?

If you are going to really limit yourself by saying that you can't preseason sleuth potential contestants by talking with friends and family, then you might want to re-consider the idea of relegating preseason info from family/friends, etc. to spoilers.

You can always say that once the season starts, talking with family/friends, business associates, etc. is a spoiler. However, I think preseason you need help to have something to get you started so that you can sleuth. jmo.
    I do recognize, though, that I am primarily in editing, so this is just a suggestion.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3875053;
    This is not my part of the sleuthing, granted, but I think you might want to wade through this part carefully when deciding preseason on sleuthing potential contestants what is a spoiler and what is sleuthing. It gets tricky here. First, you are sleuthing. Second, if you are extremely boxed in preseason to how you can track down your contestants to slueth what is happening, you may find that you don't have the "who" to go with where they are going.
    Think about how few or how many contestants you were able to positively identify simply by twitter or facebook. How about by family or friends? Is the number sizable?

If you are going to really limit yourself by saying that you can't preseason sleuth potential contestants by talking with friends and family, then you might want to re-consider the idea of relegating preseason info from family/friends, etc. to spoilers.

You can always say that once the season starts, talking with family/friends, business associates, etc. is a spoiler. However, I think preseason you need help to have something to get you started so that you can sleuth. jmo.
    I do recognize, though, that I am primarily in editing, so this is just a suggestion.
    One things that was outlined by Hepcat is that anything that tells how far a contestant gets is considered a "spolier" & should not be posted in the sleuthing thread. Most , if not all, of the solid info we have in the "sleuthing contestants" are considered spoilers. If I know when someone gets home, or if they're still on the show, is a spoiler & should be posted here & not in the sleuthing section.

If I'm understanding, anythiing that comes from source (Twitter, Facebook, friends, family, etc) is a spoiler. Even though the info was "sleuthed" out on Twitter, etc, the info came from a source. I think right now the only thing that should be in the sleuthing side is basically speculations, because the only info we have now if from sources. When the seson starts & we start sleuthing SCs, etc, then it can go on the other side.

Someone, please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the new policies.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3875061;
    One things that was outlined by Hepcat is that anything that tells how far a contestant gets is considered a "spolier" & should not be posted in the sleuthing thread. Most , if not all, of the solid info we have in the "sleuthing contestants" are considered spoilers. If I know when someone gets home, or if they're still on the show, is a spoiler & should be posted here & not in the sleuthing section.

If I'm understanding, anythiing that comes from source (Twitter, Facebook, friends, family, etc) is a spoiler. Even though the info was "sleuthed" out on Twitter, etc, the info came from a source. I think right now the only thing that should be in the sleuthing side is basically speculations, because the only info we have now if from sources. When the seson starts & we start sleuthing SCs, etc, then it can go on the other side.

I'm a bit confused here... Once the show starts airing, and we get screencaps at the end of the premiere, we'll be able to tell who goes on fantasy dates... Isn't figuring out someone goes to the F3 date location the same as finding out when someone is sent home???

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3875061;

in thinking about it over the weekend, it seems to me that "sleuthing" is done on screencaps, promos, press releases, episode descriptions, and whatever else that are given to us BY THE SHOW.

in other words, they air a commercial that shows ali and an unidentifed man on a date, and then we can sleuth out 1) who the bachelor is (from the list of contestants provided by the show) and 2) where the location is, by matching locations to the given cap

in that way, we are all working with the same pool of information. it's a level playing field.

by that definition, then EVERYTHING that has been researched to date falls under the definition of spoiler, because though some information is public (i.e. facebook, twitter), not everyone is savvy enough to do that work themselves.

all the photos we've seen so far? spoilers. screencaps from commercials yet to air? sleuthing materials. knowledge of when contestants get home? spoiler. knowing a contestant makes it at least to episode 5 because they have been placed in screencap xyz? sleuthing.

i could go on. not sure this definition of sleuthing/spoiler will make everyone happy (it will be harder for people who "sleuth with sources" to avoid RS talk), but it is a clean line in the sand when you understand it.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3875073;
    in thinking about it over the weekend, it seems to me that "sleuthing" is done on screencaps, promos, press releases, episode descriptions, and whatever else that are given to us BY THE SHOW.

in other words, they air a commercial that shows ali and an unidentifed man on a date, and then we can sleuth out 1) who the bachelor is (from the list of contestants provided by the show) and 2) where the location is, by matching locations to the given cap

in that way, we are all working with the same pool of information. it's a level playing field.

by that definition, then EVERYTHING that has been researched to date falls under the definition of spoiler, because though some information is public (i.e. facebook, twitter), not everyone is savvy enough to do that work themselves.

all the photos we've seen so far? spoilers. screencaps from commercials yet to air? sleuthing materials. knowledge of when contestants get home? spoiler. knowing a contestant makes it at least to episode 5 because they have been placed in screencap xyz? sleuthing.

i could go on. not sure this definition of sleuthing/spoiler will make everyone happy (it will be harder for people who "sleuth with sources" to avoid RS talk), but it is a clean line in the sand when you understand it.
    Using the logic that you listed here of "not everyone is savvy enough to do that work themselves" - that could be applied to screencaps of hotel rooms as well. Not everyone knows where to find pictures of hotel rooms to match lamps, headboards, or night tables. This whole thing is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY too complex and too many rules.... I'm just sticking here because stuff that is the result of sleuthing is always a spoiler... a spoiler isn't always sleuthing

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3875076;
    Using the logic that you listed here of "not everyone is savvy enough to do that work themselves" - that could be applied to screencaps of hotel rooms as well. Not everyone knows where to find pictures of hotel rooms to match lamps, headboards, or night tables. This whole thing is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY too complex and too many rules.... I'm just sticking here because stuff that is the result of sleuthing is always a spoiler... a spoiler isn't always sleuthing
    not quite. the "savvy" part comes in the source of the information we attempt to match - not where the match is found. it's the starting point, not the end.

so, sleuthing would begin when we are all shown a picture of a hotel room in a commercial. sleuthing would recognize the skyline out the window, which would give a city, and then websites of the hotels would provide matches to the decor.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3875083;
    not quite. the "savvy" part comes in the source of the information we attempt to match - not where the match is found. it's the starting point, not the end.

so, sleuthing would begin when we are all shown a picture of a hotel room in a commercial. sleuthing would recognize the skyline out the window, which would give a city, and then websites of the hotels would provide matches to the decor.
    Agreed. But the point I'm trying to make is that someone may recognize a certain thing because they've been on vacation there or some other reason that gives an advantage over others... Kind of like I knew the picture of Ali was on Water and Wall Street because I worked there and knew that... But everyone else had to put major leg work into it. I came right out and said where it was and pretty much spoiled the sleuthing that went into figuring out where the picture was taken...

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3875073;

all the photos we've seen so far? spoilers. screencaps from commercials yet to air? sleuthing materials.
    Good morning, all, [Hi, MamaAmyG!]

Not to be disagreeable, just to disagree Not everything that has been researched so far has been a spoiler - there has been some actual sleuthing. Hyatt photo, photo of the blue Cadillac at the mansion -inside the gate, photo of Ali on the streets of NY, adding an address to that sleuth, and finding posts from Iceland and Lisbon are all examples of sleuthing done ahead of the premiere. I don't know the person who posted the Lisbon blog, but I went looking and found it... just sayin'....
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3875092;
    Good morning, all, [Hi, MamaAmyG!]

Not to be disagreeable, just to disagree Not everything that has been researched so far has been a spoiler - there has been some actual sleuthing. Hyatt photo, photo of the blue Cadillac at the mansion -inside the gate, photo of Ali on the streets of NY, adding an address to that sleuth, and finding posts from Iceland and Lisbon are all examples of sleuthing done ahead of the premiere. I don't know the person who posted the Lisbon blog, but I went looking and found it... just sayin'....
    I think that's where the line gets very blurred. I agree that the info that you found out about the mansion, etc was sleuthing. I also agree that someone finding a tweet about filming in an area, then doing more research & finding other tweets that almost 100% puts Ali & the guys in the same location is sleuthing. I think having info from someone in production (tweets or otherwise) also info from friends or fmily (via tweets or otherwise) is considered a spoiler.

I think previews released by TPTB & SC being matched, also someone recognizing an area should be considered sleuthing, but I may be wrong about the rules. This has gotten a bit complex because I don't consider speculations...sleuthing. We could say that Ali had more than 25 because she said she wanted more. To me, that's speculation..just like having the FD at Bermuda because it's really pretty there. That's just speculation or hoping. Looking at the length of time at each place & surmising that the RCs add up to Ali having more than 25 guys is speculation based on sleuthing.

I think I'm starting to confuse myself, now.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow