Page 17 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3879248;
    Cant, the question of flying into Newark is interesting to me only in light of where they go for the first HT. If they fly into Newark either by choice or necessity, then logically it would have seemed to me that they would have begun filming the closest hometowns. They were already in that area of the country.
    The fact that they didn't is also interesting to me. My antennae have gone up, and I want to know why?
    Oh, no -- maybe I didn't convey what I meant -- I know (and appreciate!) how you keep the running record of which dates fall when and how they relate to each other.

What I was trying to say is that maybe the intended first HTD was always Tampa. To get to Tampa from Lisbon, they would've had to connect in London or Paris or Newark. To connect in London or Paris is cheaper and this may have been their first inentions, but those cities were affected by the ash. SO, if their flights were canceled/delayed, they could've opted for direct flights straight to Newark, if only to get themselves back on American soil.

I'm sure by the time the flights were booked, Ali knew which 4 she'd be visiting. However, the ash was a last-minute complication. SO, if a baseball stadium had already been booked and closed to the public (or whatever), I bet they would've kept that date instead of rearranging it to suddenly pop into Boston since it was closer to Newark.

I hope I'm making sense.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Maybe they went to Tampa like CSW said b/c using the field on a weekend wouldn't work logisitcally.

But more importantly - maybe one of the families could only do a HTD over the weekend. So in order to accomodate that they went to Tampa and then headed to the HT where the parents needed to do the date on a weekend.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3879256;
    Jet Blue only has a non-stop between Tampa and Boston - Change over for Rutland VT is also via Boston - all other flights into New England have a landing at JFK first................ - her destination could have been - but not guarenteed that Boston was the final destination - but definitely IN New England - SOMEWHERE LOL
    Just stinks that it's such cold & rainy weather up there right now -- I've been hoping for a sighting of them outside.

Okay, I think we can cross off CT as it's closer to fly into NY than Boston. Hmmm... wish we knew if Ali walked straight out of Logan or if she hopped on another flight. A connection would mean Rutland or Burlington, VT or possibly a flight to the Vineyard.

Wonder if Ali stopped by the Legal's restaurant. That's always my first stop when I arrive.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3879259;
    Oh, no -- maybe I didn't convey what I meant -- I know (and appreciate!) how you keep the running record of which dates fall when and how they relate to each other.

What I was trying to say is that maybe the intended first HTD was always Tampa. To get to Tampa from Lisbon, they would've had to connect in London or Paris or Newark. To connect in London or Paris is cheaper and this may have been their first inentions, but those cities were affected by the ash. SO, if their flights were canceled/delayed, they could've opted for direct flights straight to Newark, if only to get themselves back on American soil.

I'm sure by the time the flights were booked, Ali knew which 4 she'd be visiting. However, the ash was a last-minute complication. SO, if a baseball stadium had already been booked and closed to the public (or whatever), I bet they would've kept that date instead of rearranging it to suddenly pop into Boston since it was closer to Newark.

I hope I'm making sense.

Gotcha! It will be interesting to see if y'all can eventually track down the order as they happen which may end up telling or maybe not.

Wouldn't we like to know what's the story behind Tampa?
    Tampa is not terribly far from where Vienna's family lives, and yet her HT was filmed 3rd as opposed to this first HT in Tampa.

Yes, siree, my curiosity is now piqued!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I don't think this has been said on here but the girl who tweeted about seeing Ali in Tampa is a student at the University of Tampa - so that must have been where they were filming

I had heard some other schools thrown out but that is definitely where she goes to school.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3879284;
    I don't think this has been said on here but the girl who tweeted about seeing Ali in Tampa is a student at the University of Tampa - so that must have been where they were filming

I had heard some other schools thrown out but that is definitely where she goes to school.
    Which makes alot more sense than running up to Gainsville and back to Tampa to fly out to Boston - cuz Jacksonville is alot closer flying wise.........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3879284;

So your telling me I looked through all those former South Florida baseball players for nothing?
    I guess we'll widen the search to former UT players.
    I will say this, though- If he was a baseball player he's going to be good looking.

And we can rule out a Miss HTD unless there were two guys from Miss.
    Terrible Ty Brown is out.

I live in the Tampa area but there's another airport here too. St Petersburg/Clearwater. PIE . Its about 15 -20 mins from TPA. I've used it. I'm new and been lurking the past few weeks and trying to get caught up so I've missed why we're tracking tampa though ...

Quote Originally Posted by stacias807;3879294;
    I live in the Tampa area but there's another airport here too. St Petersburg/Clearwater. PIE . Its about 15 -20 mins from TPA. I've used it. I'm new and been lurking the past few weeks and trying to get caught up so I've missed why we're tracking tampa though ...
    Ali flew from Tampa to Boston yesterday.
    The day before there was a tweet about filming the Bach at the baseball field at some college. We're trying to find out where. I thought initial USF, but now it's looking like University of Tampa. Which would be closer to the Tampa airport?

They are so close. Within 15 minutes. TPA of course is a bigger airport. But, I'd imagine where they are flying from is what would make the difference. I'll have to go see if I can find out anything about baseball games in the area. We are close to where the spring training occurs for teams but I don't keep up with that (maybe Venice a little south of here)... And Disney has its own field too.

and by the way, if you check out University of Tampa - the team is nationally ranked no 2 a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by stacias807; 04-17-2010 at 06:00 PM.