Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4020104;
    Well, Chris isn't going to do it. You might just have to get used to Kirk.
    I think you are right and it will be Kirk.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4020133;
    I read somewhere today that Chris wasn't that happy that his edit was so much about his family. Can't remember where I read it though ... was it you Bloomers?

In any event, if true, he is probably concerned about Fleiss further exploiting his backstory on TB; and I don't blame him one bit.
    No, that is the first time that I have read that one. I figured, though, that we all could fill in the blank concerning why we think he would turn down the offer.

My initial speculation was that on his trip with Frank and friends he heard first hand from Frank how Frank tried to leave earlier but was not allowed to by the producers. To my way of thinking, Chris might consider that if the producers would sabotage Ali's relationship with Frank in that manner, what assurance would Chris have that they would not do the same with any relationship he might develop on his own show as The Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4020152;
    No, that is the first time that I have read that one. I figured, though, that we all could fill in the blank concerning why we think he would turn down the offer.

My initial speculation was that on his trip with Frank and friends he heard first hand from Frank how Frank tried to leave earlier but was not allowed to by the producers. To my way of thinking, Chris might consider that if the producers would sabotage Ali's relationship with Frank in that manner, what assurance would Chris have that they would not do the same with any relationship he might develop on his own show as The Bachelor?

Good point. Although, I do find it hard to believe that Frank was not allowed to leave earlier. They always say that one can opt out of accepting a rose at any time. They promised him something to stay and to get his girlfriend to agree to being filmed during the HTD. Was it money, or perhaps they promised him some introductions relative to his screenwriting.

FORT Fan

I'm sad to see Chris broken-up with tonight (not sure if I can watch it) but I'd be disappointed if Chris didn't do The Bachelor for HIM. I said awhile ago, can you think of any lead that is worse off now then they were before they became the lead? I guess it was tough for Brad for a little while, but his business boomed while he was on the show and he's really well thought of now. If Jake got $600-700k, I can only imagine that they're offering seven figures for Chris. His ratings would be CRAZY! I don't know it seems like a relatively quick and painless way to make a lifetime's worth of money. I trust his integrity and character after this show, and even if they painted him in a bad light his friends and family would know the truth. I guess my hope is that he's turning it down because he's in love with someone new (who lives within walking distance of his fairy-tale tower.)

As for Roberto and Ali, I am one who was really a little freaked out that Roberto would give up a great business opportunity for a made-on-television romance. But, I was thinking about it this morning, and the main thing that made me a little reluctant to embrace their relationship (I'm an Ali fan first) was that his father painted such a traditional gender role as being the one for Roberto's wife. Now I'm thinking that it's really, pretty remarkable for Roberto to say my relationship is more important than my job. It also stems, I'm sure, from him being confident in his abilities to make it anywhere. I think they match from an ambition standpoint, and she certainly can't get enough of him. I feel good about this relationship because of who they are as seemingly well-grounded adults.

Final note, I was really sad to see Andy Baldwin commenting on the E special about why it's so hard to keep a Bachelor relationship together. He said that people were constantly coming up to him and saying, "You made the wrong choice. You should have picked so-and-so." He said it just became impossible to manage. So, as someone who imagined a crazy, fairy tale ending for Chris and Ali, best of luck to you Roberto and Ali. Here's to hoping that you are on the verge of a lifetime of joy, happiness, and love. To all you sleuthers, congratulations. I can't wait to really watch you go to town next year now that R.Steve has been put in his place. And, I wish sdl was here to see it all (and laugh at all us crazy women!)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4020119;
    This is pure speculation, now.... The word was they upped the ante 3 times, so they definitely wanted him badly, but we don't know what the contract stipulated. What about the edit for him - for his family?
    Were the producers perhaps not willing to deal on something he thought important?
    These are things I simply don't know.

I am not friends of the family. I was PMing with one of our posters who goes back several seasons with me. She is a very disappointed Chris fan ( and I understand the feeling because I remember that feeling from way back), and she asked would I post this news "for our boy" so that everyone would know how good it was (the offer).

For Chris, the stand-up guy they wanted badly for the next Bachelor.

Chris probably doesn't want to do it because having to tell the story of his Mother's passing must be quite difficult. He is smart enough to know that ABC will make that the focal point of his season. He also knows some of the woman who have been picked before for the Bachelors. I would run the other way too unless he gets specific with what he is looking for. I think he will have the upperhand in negotiating but I hope he turns it down. I don't think he'll have any trouble whatsoever in finding a woman.

Let's bring in a new face; seeing Fleiss recycle the same people is getting old. Isn't Kirk dating Jessie from Jake's season? If so, we can rule him out.
    There are not any other guys from this season who could carry a show in my opinion. Fleiss must be going crazy if Chris turned it down. To him, Chris=ratings.

On another note, good for Ali & Roberto. I really hope they make it; even though I am a Chris fan, I like Roberto too. I think this is why Ali said she hoped people supported her decision. She had to know Chris would be a fan favorite. Don't worry Ali, as long as you guys are happy then this season has been a success for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4020177;
    Sigh, I was afraid of that. Even though I was kind of expecting this, I was still holding out a glimmer of hope she might choose Chris, and now I feel like I'm the one getting broken up with. Sad, I know. Damn you MF!!!
    I am a Chris fan, and I was bummed too, hanging on to some hope. But then I looked at it this way... Yes, I'm disappointed that it wasn't Chris that Ali wanted, but I would really hate to have him move from home, area that he loves so much, for the slim chance of a relationship working. I just can't see him liking the LA lifestyle. We all hope that these engagements work, but the odds are, they just don't. I would rather he come out of this like Kypton and Reid... the classy gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4020197;
    Thanks for the sympathy. I know its sad that I get this wrapped up in it, but I do.

As for DWTS, hell yeah, I don't know that he is a great dancer, but it would be adorable to watch him try!! Oooh, lets hook him up with Chelsea, she's my favorite!!

Thanks for that thought, it made me smile
    That's a good idea! I would actually watch DWTS if he was on there!

Quote Originally Posted by lyn60;4020225;
    I am sure Cape Cod's population is going to spiral now that Chris is available....he could sit on his porch and wave to the gawkers!!! I have a passport....only about an 8 hour drive....hmmmmm....if only I was 30 years younger!!!
    I'm just the right age...AND single! LOL I would love the chance to meet him! Seems like such a great guy! I wish only the best for him!
    Last edited by amydawn74; 08-02-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: to combine posts
    "I hate being away from her...I love being with her...and I don't want it to stop..." -CL

FORT Fanatic

Now that the rest of the show is spoiled, I'm gonna watch to see if/how the "tiara" would come into play. Just for fun, how do you think it would shake down ? How would RM present it to her?

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993;4020184;
    I'm sad to see Chris broken-up with tonight (not sure if I can watch it) but I'd be disappointed if Chris didn't do The Bachelor for HIM. I said awhile ago, can you think of any lead that is worse off now then they were before they became the lead? I guess it was tough for Brad for a little while, but his business boomed while he was on the show and he's really well thought of now. If Jake got $600-700k, I can only imagine that they're offering seven figures for Chris. His ratings would be CRAZY! I don't know it seems like a relatively quick and painless way to make a lifetime's worth of money. I trust his integrity and character after this show, and even if they painted him in a bad light his friends and family would know the truth. I guess my hope is that he's turning it down because he's in love with someone new (who lives within walking distance of his fairy-tale tower.)

As for Roberto and Ali, I am one who was really a little freaked out that Roberto would give up a great business opportunity for a made-on-television romance. But, I was thinking about it this morning, and the main thing that made me a little reluctant to embrace their relationship (I'm an Ali fan first) was that his father painted such a traditional gender role as being the one for Roberto's wife. Now I'm thinking that it's really, pretty remarkable for Roberto to say my relationship is more important than my job. It also stems, I'm sure, from him being confident in his abilities to make it anywhere. I think they match from an ambition standpoint, and she certainly can't get enough of him. I feel good about this relationship because of who they are as seemingly well-grounded adults.

Final note, I was really sad to see Andy Baldwin commenting on the E special about why it's so hard to keep a Bachelor relationship together. He said that people were constantly coming up to him and saying, "You made the wrong choice. You should have picked so-and-so." He said it just became impossible to manage. So, as someone who imagined a crazy, fairy tale ending for Chris and Ali, best of luck to you Roberto and Ali. Here's to hoping that you are on the verge of a lifetime of joy, happiness, and love. To all you sleuthers, congratulations. I can't wait to really watch you go to town next year now that R.Steve has been put in his place. And, I wish sdl was here to see it all (and laugh at all us crazy women!)

TA - Great Post !

I'd like to add my thanks to all the folks on this board that sleuthed and brought forward 'inside' information ...............right from pre-season over on the sleuthing board. A lot of hard work by so many individuals has made this season and board very very entertaining.

Thank you one and all.

To those disappointed tonight - that comes with the territory and is hard to swallow but IMO it is worth it to see the lead happy and "twirling" at the end. How long these things last is another matter altogether but its their lives and they must manage best they can. For the Roseless bachelors and bachelorettes - good things come to good people.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Newbie

I always lurk and post occasionally. I am a team Chris gal, but really do respect Roberto and hope everything works for all 3.

But I wanted to say how IMPRESSED I am if Chris really did turn alot of $$$ to be TB. I always got the feeling that he was really genuine in all that he does. It has been in print that he lives his life trying to make a difference in the world, and I think beyond being committed to seeing if something could happen with Ali, his life's calling does not seem to be on TV forever. Don't get me wrong - I think he has the skills and total package to do about anything he wants, including TV, but he is a deeply idealistic person who needs to be helping in anyway he can to his passions. I personally would love to see him get back into education (I am a teacher) cuz he is one of those rare individuals that can really make a difference to kids.

Now all he needs is that perfect soulmate, and we all know he is now ready after losing his Mom, and will find that person.

I feel so lucky to have been able to enjoy his fabulous sense of humor, don't you?