Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4014339;
    Let's look at this realistically. She has to convince the audience that she has fallen in love with the last two suitors. She does this with her actions ( all types of kisses, canoodling, including climbing on top of the guy, and making various and asundry remarks).

We can call it necessary, misleading, deceptive, or what it really is - lying.

This show is predicated upon deception. All of the leads are deceptive, but Ali is particularly good. I am simply not falling for that line that she is an open book, yada, yada.

She is lying to one or the other of them, and if she picks neither one of them and is as happy as a clam by herself, then she has lied to both of them and all of us as well.

People don't like to be deceived, including myself, and that is why we are already seeing varying degrees of outrage.
    Chris Harrison appears to have put on his coat of armor and is getting ready for something.

Well said Bloomers, Ali does have to convince everyone she is falling for both and so that is where we all see what we want to see....she has done a great job of convincing us that is falling for both guys.....

Let's look at this realistically. She has to convince the audience that she has fallen in love with the last two suitors. She does this with her actions ( all types of kisses, canoodling, including climbing on top of the guy, and making various and asundry remarks).

This show is predicated upon deception. All of the leads are deceptive, but Ali is particularly good. I am simply not falling for that line that she is an open book, yada, yada.

She is lying to one or the other of them, and if she picks neither one of them and is as happy as a clam by herself, then she has lied to both of them and all of us as well.

People don't like to be deceived, including myself, and that is why we are already seeing varying degrees of outrage.
    Chris Harrison appears to have put on his coat of armor and is getting ready for something.
    Interesting points you bring up. But for some reason CH & MF is very giddy this season. I don't think I've seen him enjoy an MTA as much as he has apparently enjoyed Ali's and her guys which I find odd if it really ended in a no pick.

Do I think she's lying now? yes I believe she is. but weather or not she's doing so to keep the ending a surprise, one never knows. I'm keeping an open mind till AFTR airs to see if I'm going to be disgusted with this season or not. And I agree. she's doing a good job of keeping everyone in suspense to watch the finale that's for sure. So far the guys have kept it really entertaining to watch.
    like you said, every lead has to mislead and lie after the show finishes & ali is no different.
    Last edited by kelad9; 07-30-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling error- had to correct.

FORT sun

Call it misleading, deceptive, or lying...What it is .. is Acting. These are "reality" entertainers who put on a show. They are there, because they want to be on TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;4014322;
    To me, her romantic interactions do not looked forced for the camera the way they do with Chris.

But ey, if I'm wrong and Chris is the one she sure made a great choice.
    If you look closely most of kisses with Chris end quickly and then Ali usually nuzzles into his neck to make them look longer. The camera angles change, often times repeating the same kiss, making their kisses look longer and more passionate. It reminds of Meredith's interactions with Matt during her season.
    Ali's kisses with Roberto are totally different. They are very spontaneous, often times initiated by her. It's almost as if she can't help herself. She seems to have an excitement about her when she is with Roberto. Their kisses are often times cut short my the editing. I think the attraction between the 2 of them was so apparent that they have to limit how much we see of them. I think that is why their screen time is so much less than her time with Chris (again much like Meredith's season with her and Ian).
    I believe she truly cares for Chris but not in a romantic way.

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by Bloomers

ITA.
    She's playing the game all the way up until the LCDs. All of the sudden things turn serious? She freeks the guys out? They get cold feet? WHY? What did she say to them? She wants 100%? That's not realistic even in a marriage. Sheesh.

How will Fleiss spin this? Who will he blame?

I have a feeling that Chris takes himself out after the chat on their LCD, and does not go to the FRC. He's always wanted her to FALL for him. If that's not happening, he's outta there. This is 'different' than the other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4014355;
    Call it misleading, deceptive, or lying...What it is .. is Acting. These are "reality" entertainers who put on a show. They are there, because they want to be on TV.
    I agree....and you know what is even more humorous is Imdb lists Game Show as one of the categories it falls under.

It always struck me when Ali said something like she couldn't believe Frank would do this to her this late in the game......in a PI after he told her he was leaving.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;4014249;
    And yet she wore Chris' bracelet at the RC.
    Note we haven't seen the bracelet since HTD, but they talked about it on the boat. It gave her special powers when talking to Chris' dad, and before Chris' family got home, she was really nervous to see them. Why would she care so much what his family thought of her? She built a relationship with Chris' family on that date. When his dad was crying - she gave him a hug. The bracelet it not just a piece of jewelry to her - it is a symbol that she belongs in that family.

We probably won't see the bracelet @ MTP or LCD either (that would give it away), but we will see it again in the Finale. Ali has not doubted how much Chris loves her for weeks, and things changed when he gave her the bracelet (rolling on the ground in Portugal). She asked Roberto on the FD, "do you see us together?" - she is still questioning him and we see it in the screen caps of the LCD.

Bachelorettes tend to choose the guy they know is going to say "yes" (except for Deanna). Where Bachelors go for the one they have the most physical chemistry with - Melissa and Vienna. Chris H has talked about how men and women are different and you can see it in this show.

Chris can sense that she is questioning her decision; he lets her go and expresses his love for her again - he doesn't want her to just pick him, he wants her to "fall" for him. There are a couple of extra days in the filming in Tahiti - a concession MF made knowing that a true love story is just what this show needs. The day of the FRC she lets Roberto go (huge risk in the morning) and then takes the Dennis bracelet and goes and asks Chris if he will marry her (sunset). Notice how she is wearing the big gold bracelet on her right arm? The Dennis bracelet goes on her left - he put it on her right in Portugal, b/c she had a watch on her left, but on the HTD it was on her left. (screen cap of smudged left wrist and face fits in here somewhere)

I have totally loved this season, because of Ali and the great group of guys they got for her. I didn't watch Fake Jake at all. MF knows he needs a love story out of this one, because he is not getting enough applicants that want to do it for love after all of the public break-ups. He can throw in the Justins and Franks for drama, but he show needs people like Ali and Chris and Kirk (jury is still out on Roberto - we don't know enough about him) to attract viewers. I will also add, that I hope he will do whatever he can to protect Ali and Chris in the aftermath of the show from the tabloid lies.
    Last edited by wannawin2nite; 07-30-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add inf

I agree with Bloomers in that Ali has a GREAT poker face.

She jokes around and says Roberto is cute. Then proceeds to poke fun at Chris L in her blogs while all the while saying both of them are hot and then CH saying that ALi has fallen in love with both men. Only, Ali herself said in an early interview that she would reserve certain feelings for the F1.
    It'a hard to tell who she sees as her frontrunner and so it seems she doesn't pick anyone.

TO me:
    Epsiode 1 until the HTD - Ali has it bad for Rob and he's going to be her F1
    HTD to MTA Review - ALi has now found something deeper with Chris L something changed.

If we go by the spoilers which in the past have usually geared us in the general right direction though, I think she'll end up alone or with Rob.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Bloomers, you are wise beyond your years...(or you have just been around for a few seasons) To me CH seems to be doning, once again, his battle gear; it would be nice to be wrong but I will expect no choice and still single as the ultimate ending.

Personally I think the HYPE - r - drive has been pushed to full throttle by Capt. Fless. He has (after many seasons) regained control of his PR ship and has created for the general public (and even most boards) a 50/50 split.

He has created two final characters who are both worthy of public support and fan base, he has created a bachette who everyone seems to adore and defend. We have for the first time 3 final characters with seemingly NO real flaws!

(Even the beloved Jillian was accused of being to much "fun".."one of the guys" etc)

This time Fleiss has created a situation where win, lose, or draw...everyone will continue to talk about poor....(insert name) how love got away..they just couldn't trust...he has created a situation where people will look at their own relationships and compare them...

Great Job Fleiss! (Of course this season comes with the added bonus of his spin off~ "Bachelor Pad"...hhhmmm)

FORT Fogey

Ali wore the Dennis bracelet on JUNE 22, 2010 when she had her roots done at a salon. Take that for what it's worth.