Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dance;3979456;
    IMO, Ali is infatuated with Roberto. I am not sure if she knows what a true love is. I have a co-worker who is Puertorican and she was very curious how Robert's father was going react to Ali. According to her, there are definite role break downs in Puertorican family and the father is the head of it. I know that Roberto grew up in USA, but some of the upbringing has to rub off. Also, his father strikes me as someone who only accepts perfection and I have a feeling that Roberto had to continously strive to be top in everything. Why would he have an interview with Ali and a Roberto trophy room? To show that only the best is accepted in this household. Someone may say, father is proud of his son, well I am mother and proud of my children (both won many awards), but I would never boast there many awards on national tv.
    I agree with the bolded - both of them are in infatuation with each other at this moment... maybe I'm naive but this could be the first step to love as long as a couple develops other sides of their relationship...of course love develops from friendship as well...both chris' and roberto's parents talked about an 'instant connection' that lead to their lovestories and they've been together for a long time...so it was possible for them why can't it be for ali and roberto?

regarding the family dynamics - I'm sorry to keep repeating myself but I guess I will....the way Roberto described how his mom and dad are like to Ali and his response regarding Ali cooking point to him not being of the same mindset as his parents - and if i were to surmise anything from the little amount we know of him and how shy and quiet he's been a lot of his life...and how everyone that knows him keeps repeating what a great, humble, nice guy he is...including his coaches, coworkers, the guys in the house... what i would conclude is that he's more like his mom than his dad. I actually already see him trying to maneuver to please ali and cater to her needs...

I actually would go far enough to say I hope he can hold his own in a relationship as loving and caring he is... the way he said his mom doesn't like to argue...it sounds like he may be able to hold his own...or at least believe in doing so...overall i don't think he's in love with his parent's dynamics aside from the feeling of love he sees between them

JMO of course
    Last edited by emusha; 07-13-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3979451;
    They showed some verbal exchanges between Roberto and Ali on the field. Roberto was asking Ali questions. Based on her answers, he was answering back, like an insurance salesman. Oh, also, Roberto is afraid of his father. That was picked up by others watching this epi with me...It further went down hill at his house with his traditional father. RED FLAGS...Ali is getting cold feet.

If you're on Roberto team you don't see anything wrong, and you see lots of quality conversations.
    It's like Ali was on Frank team, and she didn't understand his signals. Just sayin.
    Roberto is afraid of his father. He made a comment, if he does not approve Ali she is not for him. Also, comment "go easy on her" makes me think that if there were no cameras the questioning would be really hard and I have a feeling Ali would not pass.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by laurabadora14;3979405;
    Is this true...are the firsts always proof of F1? Tenley had first MTP in Jakes season...after than its pretty fuzzy. Can someone fill me in on how that matches up with previous seasons?
    I think Ali was the first date of Jake's season... or did Vienna have the honors?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dance;3979480;
    Roberto is afraid of his father. He made a comment, if he does not approve Ali she is not for him. Also, comment "go easy on her" makes me think that if there were no cameras the questioning would be really hard and I have a feeling Ali would not pass.
    Every season they like to do the whole "My parents' approval is very important to me. If they don't like her that is a deal-breaker, etc." I wouldn't put much stock in that as being a red flag!

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3979465;
    Give the awards room to Fleiss, I remember Jesse bachelor series when Mandy family bring out all her crowns so dont think too bad about the trophies.
    I remember that and agree. The producers talked them into putting out all the crowns and pageant paraphernalia even though they never did that and basically made them look bad. Mandy was reportedly so mad that she refused to come to the WTA. They covered that up by showing the fantasy dates afterward.

Roberto isn't my favorite but I don't think there's any more or less chance of a successful relationship if she picked him as f1. I can't worry about after the show with these couples. Success is relative.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dance;3979456;
    IMO, Ali is infatuated with Roberto. I am not sure if she knows what a true love is. I have a co-worker who is Puertorican and she was very curious how Robert's father was going react to Ali. According to her, there are definite role break downs in Puertorican family and the father is the head of it. I know that Roberto grew up in USA, but some of the upbringing has to rub off. Also, his father strikes me as someone who only accepts perfection and I have a feeling that Roberto had to continously strive to be top in everything. Why would he have an interview with Ali and a Roberto trophy room? To show that only the best is accepted in this household. Someone may say, father is proud of his son, well I am mother and proud of my children (both won many awards), but I would never boast there many awards on national tv.
    I am laughing, mind you, when I say this, but you would too, if your kid was F4 on a HT date on the Bach/ette and the producer told you to.
    Those unsuspecting parents get set up sometimes really big time..... and especially when a suggestion is put to them in such way that it may sound rather harmless.

I am recalling Mandy F3 on Jesse Palmer's season. That was a perfectly sweet young lady. We never saw anything negative on her edit. She had been in beauty pageants and had won scholarships to help pay for her education. However, by the time the producers got through with the parents and the suggested "pageant room" Mandy and her parents looked shallow.

ETA: We were thinking of the same thing!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3979487;
    I am laughing, mind you, when I say this, but you would too, if your kid was F4 on a HT date on the Bach/ette and the producer told you to.
    Those unsuspecting parents get set up sometimes really big time..... and especially when a suggestion is put to them in such way that it may sound rather harmless.

I am recalling Mandy F3 on Jesse Palmer's season. That was a perfectly sweet young lady. We never saw anything negative on her edit. She had been in beauty pageants and had won scholarships to help pay for her education. However, by the time the producers got through with the parents and the suggested "pageant room" Mandy and her parents looked shallow.

ETA: We were thinking of the same thing!
    Good point. I loved Mandy too. She was a sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3979478;
    I agree with the bolded - both of them are in infatuation with each other at this moment... maybe I'm naive but this could be the first step to love as long as a couple develops other sides of their relationship...of course love develops from friendship as well...both chris' and roberto's parents talked about an 'instant connection' that lead to their lovestories and they've been together for a long time...so it was possible for them why can't it be for ali and roberto?

regarding the family dynamics - I'm sorry to keep repeating myself but I guess I will....the way Roberto described how his mom and dad are like to Ali and his response regarding Ali cooking point to him not being of the same mindset as his parents - and if i were to surmise anything from the little amount we know of him and how shy and quiet he's been a lot of his life...and how everyone that knows him keeps repeating what a great, humble, nice guy he is...including his coaches, coworkers, the guys in the house... what i would conclude is that he's more like his mom than his dad. I actually already see him trying to maneuver to please ali and cater to her needs...

I actually would go far enough to say I hope he can hold his own in a relationship as loving and caring he is... the way he said his mom doesn't like to argue...it sounds like he may be able to hold his own...or at least believe in doing so...overall i don't think he's in love with his parent's dynamics aside from the feeling of love he sees between them

JMO of course
    When Ali and Roberto recognize in the words of Wayne Dyer, " Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." , than this relationship has a chance to succeed. However, coming of the reality TV show to have a chance in unconditional love is nonexistent. They should never get engage. It just makes a mockery out of true love. They are long way from that kind of it. Personally love Chris. I think out of all those guys he truly understood what love is and he was willing to share. Sad that Ali did not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3979468;
    I think he wanted Ali to make up her own mind and just gives some hints of them, he seems protective and I see covering of photos on the wall, who knows they may have mulah.
    I agree. I think he wanted her, to love him, be interested in him and not because of his family or his backstory.

He knew that if he gets a HTD then he can talk about his family.

We now know a shoulder injury kept him from getting to the majors and ending his ball career. While he may have told her we did not get to hear that.

I just think he wants it to be about the 2 of them and the rest can come later.

Chris L went the other route.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3979482;
    I think Ali was the first date of Jake's season... or did Vienna have the honors?
    It was Ali. I can't help but laugh when I remember Bloomers nic for Ali and Tenley. I know OT, but it still makes me chuckle.