Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

Re: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3616249;
    I couldn't agree more. Here's a picture from one of the tee shirts BritLit and I did for our "catalog" in the FunWith thread.

OMG!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Now THAT is priceless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3616243;
    I understand, but it's not a done deal that that could happen. Jillian is not going to end up that bad. Granted, I'm not happy with her final choice, but I still like Jillian as a person, the show didn't change my perception that she's a good person with a big heart. Why can't it be the same for Reid? I'm really bummed out that his fans are not supporting him at all and in turn it will mess up his opportunity to get the role.
    But Jill's edit hasn't been good and while she left Jason's season as completely adorable, charming and loved, she's getting criticized left and right now. Just read the comments on her blog. I don't want that for Reid.

Fleiss is just going to make him look like an indecisive moron who is borderline OCD about washing his vegetables and whatnot. It won't be flattering and Reid seems like the type who takes his time opening up and this is just not the right venue for him. And as much as I love Reid, I do think his future girlfriend/wife is going to be controlling him a little bit and that's not something I need to see on my tv since I think that role is going to be filled by some evil girl for him on the show for drama's sake.

However, I do think he might be the next Bach just based on his edit. They spent a great deal of time on his SL. Originally I thought it was because he was Jill's F1 but now I think it's because he's the next Bach and they needed to set up his heartbreak before he could become the primary. No way would they have exerted this much energy if he wasn't going to be useful to the franchise past this Tues. So I'm betting you're going to get your wish.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3616243;
    I understand, but it's not a done deal that that could happen. Jillian is not going to end up that bad. Granted, I'm not happy with her final choice, but I still like Jillian as a person, the show didn't change my perception that she's a good person with a big heart. Why can't it be the same for Reid? I'm really bummed out that his fans are not supporting him at all and in turn it will mess up his opportunity to get the role.
    You don't think they threw Jillian under the bus this season, even a little bit? I still like her too, and think she's a nice person, but I haven't enjoyed some of the stuff I've seen on my TV screen. She went from independent and such to portrayed as incredibly needy, nagging, and not to mention the drunkenness a few times, the Ed FD fiasco, among others. The edit was not kind to her, IMO.

So, naturally I don't want the same thing to happen to Reid. Sure, there's a chance he wouldn't be treated badly. But there's a way bigger chance he'll be made out to be a fool in front of millions of viewers. Just so you know, I am consistent! When Jeremy (my all time favorite contestant) said he was interested in being Bach 13, I didn't like that idea either and vocalized it to ABC via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3616252;
    I am sure they'll bring a few crazies like Solisa from Brad's season and Stacey from Matt's season.The real "contenders" will likely be very boring though.
    Well, it might be kinda funny and interesting if they threw a few flagrant temptresses into the batch
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3616265;
    You don't think they threw Jillian under the bus this season, even a little bit? I still like her too, and think she's a nice person, but I haven't enjoyed some of the stuff I've seen on my TV screen. She went from independent and such to portrayed as incredibly needy, nagging, and not to mention the drunkenness a few times, the Ed FD fiasco, among others. The edit was not kind to her, IMO.

So, naturally I don't want the same thing to happen to Reid. Sure, there's a chance he wouldn't be treated badly. But there's a way bigger chance he'll be made out to be a fool in front of millions of viewers. Just so you know, I am consistent! When Jeremy (my all time favorite contestant) said he was interested in being Bach 13, I didn't like that idea either and vocalized it to ABC via email.
    Jeremy I think would have been awesome at it. Sure he got manipulated there at the end but overall, he reminds me of Kiptyn in that he kept his wits about him and didn't give them too much to edit any ridiculousness. I would have loved Jeremy instead of Jason and I don't think he would have allowed MelissaGate to go down.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

I'll def cheer Reid if he's next bachelor. I just worry for him same as I did for Jill. It's hard to come through the Fleiss machine once undamaged let alone twice. Part of me would prefer he just take the money and good edit from this round and run with it. I will wish him luck if he is next bachelor and if he feels like it's good for him I'll support him in the decision.

My pick as the most probable Bachelor would still be Kiptyn. I think he exemplifies many of the qualities that the show needs and he does have a built up following (just ask Ed or Reid fans - none of them have anything bad to say about him)!

However I think that TPTB will consider all the other options (bold choice with the twins, "perfect" pilot Jake, Reid if he is not chosen, etc) and make a decision based on a number of factors. This of course assumes that Fleiss has not already signed up Kiptyn!

Well, I guess I'll be the only happy Reid fan if he gets to be the next bachelor. Yes, I'm scared, but I still want him to go for it.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

I think the point for me is, they build these people up so they can tear them down. And I find something inherently amoral about that.

The Jake shirt is funny, but I'll admit straight up that's another of my concerns about him being the Bach: I'm not looking forward to the bashing of religion and religious people that I'm sure will follow a season of him. It's already started on other boards, such as the ABC one.

FORT Fanatic

Haven't most been saying all season that Kiptyn was getting the next bachelor edit? I would assume he will be offered it first since he is F2. Have they ever had an F3 as the next bachelor/bachelorette other than Jillian? I thought she only got the offer because Melissa turned it down. I think Kiptyn has a broad appeal. Part of me hopes he's too smart to accept but part of me would love to see more Kip on my TV screen. He certainly won't have to hit the gym and buff up pre-season like Jason had to. Kip is ready to go!!