Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

FORT Regular

Re: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3620941;
    Haha, that is what I said about Jillian. I love me some Reid though
    I think Jillian gave us a heads-up with her hot tub scene with Jason, so I wasn't all that enthused with her as The Bachelorette. Having that attitude, though, has made the season more enjoyable since I didn't really care who she ended up with or if she ended up alone.

I've been out of the loop. HOW do you girls see it? Do you really feel that REID will be asked to be the next BACHELOR? Give me a heads up. I wanna see him on the show. He can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS.;3621008;
    I've been out of the loop. HOW do you girls see it? Do you really feel that REID will be asked to be the next BACHELOR? Give me a heads up. I wanna see him on the show. He can handle it.
    that's what i thought about jillian because i truly believed she had a good head on her shoulders- not realizing that could be part of the challenge: over-thinking her choice might be a problem...but maybe she is madly in love and tptb just did a lousy edit

so far lisa who's had some spoilers for us earlier on the show and based out of philly says reid had a good experience on the show and might be open to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3621021;
    that's what i thought about jillian because i truly believed she had a good head on her shoulders- not realizing that could be part of the challenge: over-thinking her choice might be a problem...but maybe she is madly in love and tptb just did a lousy edit

so far lisa who's had some spoilers for us earlier on the show and based out of philly says reid had a good experience on the show and might be open to doing it.

Thank you for answering and for the information! I was fond of Jillian during that season too. I was concerned about her seemingly vunable personality. Maybe that was just my feeling, but I did feel it. After ABC selected her as Bachelorette, I thought...OH dear, she's in some trouble here. She seemed driven to find a husband at any cost. I don't like who she ended up with. But, hope it works for her. Reid on the otherhand seems strong to me. Even though he didn't get the girl (this time), he had the guts to try. I adore him and his personality, but then again, so do millions of others, IF we can go by the message boards, LOL. I say he's a perfect choice. I hope he does it. Thanks.

There's a new story on People: Who Should Be the Next Bachelor?

Tell us: Who should star on the next season of The Bachelor?
    Kiptyn 34%
    Reid 21%
    Jake 23%
    Michael and Steve 22%

Now that Jillian Harris has made her decision — giving Ed Swiderski the final rose and getting a $60,000 engagement ring — on the season finale of The Bachelorette, it’s time to look ahead.

And there are plenty of eligible bachelors. Does Kiptyn Lock, a business developer from Encinitas, Calif., deserve to hand out the roses or would you rather see Philadelphia realtor Reid Rosenthal look for love again?

There’s also Dallas-based pilot Jake Pavelka, who returned to warn Jillian about Wes, and Michael Stagliano, who says he and his brother Steve would “spice things up a notch” if they did double duty on The Bachelor.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3616629;
    I was really kind of hoping they would pick someone new and fresh. I am tired of the six degree's of separation we have gotten from Brad's season....just one name I dont want to hear again....Laurel.
    I don't know. It's gotten to be such a historical series now. And, being from Texas, I get the added bonus of finding the intricate crossed paths of the Bachelors and those they befriend and/or date. 6 degrees of separation is perfect! I've watched poor dismissed gents campaigning to be the next Bachelor with all nobility. I was impressed with Wes on ABC's local show this morning though. He basically gave the same description that Brad did, as so much is taken and then used to fit their pattern. No matter what the chicks at work said, I'd say another Austin boy redeemed himself to me this morning.

OK, I admit - I didn't watch any but the first night of all since Deana and only watched that to see how she handled the turnabout. I have gotten my fix through friends at work though. The next show should use a tested personality - but maybe reaching farther back? We could have the one who was first out of the limo but not the first in Jillian's heart get a chance - then it would be the one who was rejected by Jillian who was rejected by Jason who was rejected by Deana who was just not picked by Brad. I would let Brad take Chris H's job though to give a more fair perspective with his maturity and former entrance as the serious-to-be-married-with-kids guy.

The familiarity keeps people around - even if you fuss, you know it does...

And, really, it wasn't the same girlfriend in Austin as Bach 11 - was it?!

FORT Fogey

It has become a tradition to choose a bachelor/ette from a previous show. Not sure I like that but it seems to be the deal. I favor some of the men from Deanna's season; no one this time seems strong enough to carry the show, for me. Personally, bring on someone new.

I am more interested in a format change to more casual dating and I would eliminate the endless diary talks and voice overs they give about loving all the finalists and how difficult a decision it is. Come on, Fleiss, we don't want to think the star has chosen one of the many she/he has fallen in love with. At least edit it to lead us to believe this may be realish, sort of, maybe.

The man I would like to see as the Bachelor is from Deanna's season. I don't remember his name. He was the one who said, "we lost our cook, our comic relief and Jason" when the three moved into the big house. It was hysterical and they all cracked up. Who was that masked man? Bill? Twilley is another one who stood out as did the other guy who made some posts. They are all probably married, involved or so turned off to this show wild horses could not drag them back, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3621104;
    It has become a tradition to choose a bachelor/ette from a previous show. Not sure I like that but it seems to be the deal. I favor some of the men from Deanna's season; no one this time seems strong enough to carry the show, for me. Personally, bring on someone new.

I am more interested in a format change to more casual dating and I would eliminate the endless diary talks and voice overs they give about loving all the finalists and how difficult a decision it is. Come on, Fleiss, we don't want to think the star has chosen one of the many she/he has fallen in love with. At least edit it to lead us to believe this may be realish, sort of, maybe.

The man I would like to see as the Bachelor is from Deanna's season. I don't remember his name. He was the one who said, "we lost our cook, our comic relief and Jason" when the three moved into the big house. It was hysterical and they all cracked up. Who was that masked man? Bill? Twilley is another one who stood out as did the other guy who made some posts. They are all probably married, involved or so turned off to this show wild horses could not drag them back, who knows.
    Brian from TX. He was fantastic - a hunk of a man with a cool spirit. He's still looking good - he is always in the pics with Jeremy and Twilley.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3621151;
    Brian from TX. He was fantastic - a hunk of a man with a cool spirit. He's still looking good - he is always in the pics with Jeremy and Twilley.
    He's my fave!!

A decision may have already been made but I find the polling results interesting:

On ABC.com homepage - Jake leads by a good margin; followed by Kip & Reid
    On Insider.com - Reid leads by healthy margin
    On People.com - Kiptyn leads; then it's practically tied Reid/Michael & Twin/Jake

I am sure there are many other factors at play in their decision making but it's interesting to see how "the voting public' feels.

What I am most intrigued by is that the polls that have the "someone new" option - it's the least popular option. Maybe the viewing public doesn't "turn" on the repeats as much as we do here and on other online forums?