Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

FORT Fan

Re: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

"If Jake ends up being the next Bach at least I can watch it for the sleuthing ability. I just won't let myself have a favorite woman. I'll be able to watch it MUCH more objectively too."

LOL--me, too!! ! I don't think I could take another season with a super adorable/addictive guy like Reid on it! This one about killed me.

[QUOTE=Alanna;3616264;]But Jill's edit hasn't been good and while she left Jason's season as completely adorable, charming and loved, she's getting criticized left and right now. Just read the comments on her blog. I don't want that for Reid.

Fleiss is just going to make him look like an indecisive moron who is borderline OCD about washing his vegetables and whatnot. It won't be flattering and Reid seems like the type who takes his time opening up and this is just not the right venue for him. And as much as I love Reid, I do think his future girlfriend/wife is going to be controlling him a little bit and that's not something I need to see on my tv since I think that role is going to be filled by some evil girl for him on the show for drama's sake.

However, I do think he might be the next Bach just based on his edit. They spent a great deal of time on his SL. Originally I thought it was because he was Jill's F1 but now I think it's because he's the next Bach and they needed to set up his heartbreak before he could become the primary. No way would they have exerted this much energy if he wasn't going to be useful to the franchise past this Tues. So I'm betting you're going to get your wish.[/QUOTE

Alanna, just curious....what is SL?

Beagle says Honestly, to me he looks like he's 16 and he's a little too hyper for me. Plus I don't find him attractive at all.
    ============================== =========
    Well everyone has different tastes.

I want Reid.
    ========
    Me too!! But I also love Michael, Tanner, Jake, and Juan. So if either of them go on the bachelor then I have to watch it. Crap! And that includes Reid!

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3615361;
    Looks like ABC is not hiding Reid's fate any longer. ABC has a poll for the new Bachelor on the He Said/She Said page and it includes Reid. And Jake is winning.

He Said/She Said

Poll Question: Who should be the next Bachelor?

Jake
    7081 Votes (57%)

Reid
    3477 Votes (28%)

Wes
    147 Votes (1%)

Michael
    1822 Votes (15%)
    I voted for Michael.

FORT Fanatic

I was really kind of hoping they would pick someone new and fresh. I am tired of the six degree's of separation we have gotten from Brad's season....just one name I dont want to hear again....Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3616629;
    I was really kind of hoping they would pick someone new and fresh. I am tired of the six degree's of separation we have gotten from Brad's season....just one name I dont want to hear again....Laurel.
    "Have you ever dated Laurel Kagay?" needs to be on the contestant questionnaire, and if the answer is YES then that person needs to be excluded immediately. Enough already! Though I really wish she'd go after ABC for using her name on air--that was no cool and they really didn't need to do that. They should have bleeped it out so we knew that he gave a name, but it should not have been made public at all.

I wonder if TPTB were in their own way "grooming" the audience into falling for Reid for the next Bachelor. Hear me out:
    1. He was sent home by Jillian, but conviently comes back to propose. Audience is shocked and feels horrible for him. Sound familiar? Deanna let Jason propose and many felt bad for him. The audience was crying "no fair," and boom he's our next bachelor.
    2. Reid's been given a great edit and even though he returns only to be let go of once again, he's fresh in our memories and we want Reid to win, or at least get a girl.

In my opinion, Reid, as the lead player wouldn't really hold my attention. He's cute and funny, but just doesn't do it for me.

I have had no favorites this season and will continue to watch the series because it is fun to see what you all sleuth, scoop and report. (-:

I think in the beginning of the season, TPTB did want Kip to be the next Bachelor, that's why so much publicity focused on him. However, either he refused, or TPTB decided Reid had a bigger fan base, that's why Kip's story got a backseat after HTD. Frankly, as much as I love to see Kip, I think he's too careful/reserved at what he has to say/do, his show won't be as interesting. OTHO, now Reid is this heartbroken bachelor, loved and adored by millions, people will want to see him fall in love as the next Bachelor. It's perfect for TPTB.
    Reid, if you are open to the idea, please get a good lawyer and get a good contract!
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3616895;
    I think in the beginning of the season, TPTB did want Kip to be the next Bachelor, that's why so much publicity focused on him. However, either he refused, or TPTB decided Reid had a bigger fan base, that's why Kip's story got a backseat after HTD. Frankly, as much as I love to see Kip, I think he's too careful/reserved at what he has to say/do, his show won't be as interesting. OTHO, now Reid is this heartbroken bachelor, loved and adored by millions, people will want to see him fall in love as the next Bachelor. It's perfect for TPTB.
    Reid, if you are open to the idea, please get a good lawyer and get a good contract!
    I agree that Kip's not going to be TB. However, there are going to be a lot of disappointed viewers for him and Reid as well tonight as evidenced by this People poll - which I think fairly represents the casual - mainstream America type of viewer:

Tell us: Who should Jillian pick on The Bachelorette finale?
    Ed 29%
    Kiptyn 42%
    Reid 29%

When does The Bachelor start taping?

That should give us an indication as to how soon somebody would need to accept to be the bachelor.