Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

Re: Who Will be the Next Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3616264;
    But Jill's edit hasn't been good and while she left Jason's season as completely adorable, charming and loved, she's getting criticized left and right now. Just read the comments on her blog. I don't want that for Reid.

Fleiss is just going to make him look like an indecisive moron who is borderline OCD about washing his vegetables and whatnot. It won't be flattering and Reid seems like the type who takes his time opening up and this is just not the right venue for him. And as much as I love Reid, I do think his future girlfriend/wife is going to be controlling him a little bit and that's not something I need to see on my tv since I think that role is going to be filled by some evil girl for him on the show for drama's sake.

However, I do think he might be the next Bach just based on his edit. They spent a great deal of time on his SL. Originally I thought it was because he was Jill's F1 but now I think it's because he's the next Bach and they needed to set up his heartbreak before he could become the primary. No way would they have exerted this much energy if he wasn't going to be useful to the franchise past this Tues. So I'm betting you're going to get your wish.
    Word.

Like a broken record - you love him now because he's gotten a great edit as a contestant. As the star of the show, his flaws will be exagerrated tenfold. You will get annoyed with him and if there isn't a love match at the end, I assure you, he will get thrown under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3616265;
    You don't think they threw Jillian under the bus this season, even a little bit? I still like her too, and think she's a nice person, but I haven't enjoyed some of the stuff I've seen on my TV screen. She went from independent and such to portrayed as incredibly needy, nagging, and not to mention the drunkenness a few times, the Ed FD fiasco, among others. The edit was not kind to her, IMO.

So, naturally I don't want the same thing to happen to Reid. Sure, there's a chance he wouldn't be treated badly. But there's a way bigger chance he'll be made out to be a fool in front of millions of viewers. Just so you know, I am consistent! When Jeremy (my all time favorite contestant) said he was interested in being Bach 13, I didn't like that idea either and vocalized it to ABC via email.

I wanted Jeremy too, and Jeremy desperately wanted the opportunity also.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3616278;
    Well, I guess I'll be the only happy Reid fan if he gets to be the next bachelor. Yes, I'm scared, but I still want him to go for it.
    I'll cheer him with you. And my guess is if he wants the gig he'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3616280;
    Haven't most been saying all season that Kiptyn was getting the next bachelor edit? I would assume he will be offered it first since he is F2. Have they ever had an F3 as the next bachelor/bachelorette other than Jillian? I thought she only got the offer because Melissa turned it down. I think Kiptyn has a broad appeal. Part of me hopes he's too smart to accept but part of me would love to see more Kip on my TV screen. He certainly won't have to hit the gym and buff up pre-season like Jason had to. Kip is ready to go!!
    Actually, I think Jillian is the first F3 re-tread ever.

Trista (F2)
    Bob (F4)
    Meredith (F4...or was she F3?)
    Schefft (F1, but it didn't last)
    DeAnna (F2-tie, there was no F1)
    Jason (F2)
    Jillian (F3)

Have I missed any re-treads? I just noticed...EVERY B'ette has been a re-tread. Pretty sure there's something to that.

I am nearly willing to promise my as yet non-existent first-born for a non-re-tread. FLEISS....are you liss'nin????
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3616286;
    [/B]

I wanted Jeremy too, and Jeremy desperately wanted the opportunity also.
    My reasoning was I didn't want to see the snakes that run this show have a second opportunity at ruining someone who seemed to be a genuine and truly decent man. What if he had been cast and the stupid plot of Jason's season was pushed upon him? I agree with others, that he wouldn't have let it happen. But I bet you anything the show would've paid him back for messing with their plans by ruining his edit.

You survive the shows once, consider yourself very blessed and run like the wind in the other direction from a second crack at it. That's my opinion, anyway.

I vote for Spongebob Square Pants~he'll bounce back nicely even if he's put through the ringer and he can hold his alcohol!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fan

Maybe Reid is behind Jake in ABC's "Who Will Be the Next Bachelor?" poll because a lot of people

1. Feel sorry for what happened to Jake
    2. Think Reid will win Jilly tonight when he returns (or are waiting to see)
    3. Love Reid and don't want him to go thru the torture of another TB show!

Just sayin'.

PS- The only one my fam and I will watch for the next bach is Reid.
    Last edited by McMurdo; 07-27-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3616451;
    Maybe Reid is behind Jake in ABC's "Who Will Be the Next Bachelor?" poll because a lot of people

1. Feel sorry for what happened to Jake
    2. Think Reid will win Jilly tonight when he returns (or are waiting to see)
    3. Love Reid and don't want him to go thru the torture of another TB show!

Just sayin'.
    1) Dear God, I hope not - what is there to feel sorry for?
    2) Yes, definitely some people waiting out there
    3) FULLY AGREE
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3616137;
    If Jake ends up being the next Bach at least I can watch it for the sluething ability.I just won't let myself have a favorite woman.I'll be able to watch it MUCH more objectively too.
    I definitely agree. I personally would feel bad for the women... but that's just me, of course.
    I will become fully and 100% dedicated to sleuthing instead of rooting for my fave.... because I sure as heck won't have one - objective viewing yeah!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3616454;
    1) Dear God, I hope not - what is there to feel sorry for?
    2) Yes, definitely some people waiting out there
    3) FULLY AGREE
    Lol!

1. Well, you know, she kinda sorta blew him off at MTA when he said he was just trying to be helpful and didn't want to see her hurt. Plus the fact that he acted so addicted to/broken hearted about Jilly and her letting him go so soon. I'm sure some people fell for that.

BTW, the only one MY family (me and three guys) will watch as the next bach is Reid. Otherwise, fagettaboudit!