Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101 LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3622458;
    Love your pink bottom line - very funny!

I don't know... I think it was good for ratings to keep Reid on for as long as they did. He's clearly very popular. I felt it seemed way too easy for Jillian when she was telling Reid how much she was in love with Ed. I can't imagine being able to speak so boldly about loving someone else to a person that you really love more? It hurt my heart when Reid had just got done admitting to still loving her and then she says very frankly that she is so in love with Ed.

By that point I was quite irritated with both CH and Jillian. I think Reid put more than enough of himself out there. The Bachelorette doesn't have to put as much out there as the guys through the whole season and then when it's over, she still doesn't have to put it out there. I understand she needs to be concerned with Ed's feelings, but it just seems so unfair to Reid to not get something back for all he did put out. And it looked to me like Jillian couldn't get enough of hearing Reids adoring words for her. It just sucks!

I would love to believe that maybe there's something down the road for Reid and Jillian but I'm not sure the signals are adding up that way.
    I agree, especially the bolded part. It's as if she was fishing yet again for that with him only to shoot him in the heart once he finally admitted he still loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3622489;
    Um, more like 250...in Philly alone!!
    Heck, if it weren't for the fact that:
    1. I know how heartless the people who run this show are.
    2. My particular career would be absolutely ruined if I went on a show like this.
    3. I don't drink and would never be comfortable around all the booze flowing on that set.
    and
    4. I would never go along with the Fantasy Suite nonsense.
    I'd sign up for Reid's season myself!

That's a lot of "if it weren't for"s, but you get the point. Absolutely adored him. The "it wasn't much of a ring/wasn't the best ring" comment just about did me in tonight. Give me a "Reid" any day.

DISCLAIMER:
    Please don't fry me for this post... I really liked Reid season. But I honestly don't think he is the man for Jill. I think JIll and Ed and matched well. Reid is going to find a really awesome woman someday when he is ready and gets over all the nonsense Fless and TPTB put him through and he will be just fine. How can a guy like him NOT find his own happily ever after??? I am just commenting on what I saw tonight on ATFR and in a way what he did on The FRC. It's just MO and just how I saw him tongiht. I feel like I should put up a disclaimer so that everyone knows I am just commenting on what I saw and NOT wanting to debate about it.
    I adored Reid the whole reason, but tonight for the first time he came across just like a spoiled angry guy who is used to getting his way and didn't. It kind of irked me that he just assumed that Jillian was going to pick him and he just blew off the other 2 guys. This was Jillian's choice. Reid was not there to pick the man for Jill. SO to be 100% sure, and say that even at the ATFR show that he thought she would basically throw the other 2 in the pool and pick HIM - shows he was focused on only HIS feelings and what HE thought should happen. If you notice both Kip & ED said they were nervous the day of the FCR and had doubt set in. I found it funny that ED even said on ATFR that he got nervous that morning and thought maybe she wouldn't pick him, when he obviously knew it was going to be him! I think it shows that he was just human, and knew this was all in JILLIAN'S hands.

SO as much as it kills me to say this and it killed me to SEE this tonight, Reid IMO came off as selfish tonight to me. He didn't once think that Jillian could have fallen in love with someone else (during the whole process or more importantly AFTER he LEFT as F3) and thats what would be BEST for her, no matter how much that might hurt him.

Can he be angry about it.. heck yeah!!! Can he he heartbroken, hurt etc... absolutely!!! but handle it like man, not like a little boy who didn't get his way. Which is how he came off tonight at the ATFR.
    I was with a room full of friends, some of whom were rabid Reid friends who shocked me by thinking the same way as I did. They thought Kip was very very classy as usual. Although it was quite obvious to all of us he probably didn't fall as hard for Jillian as Reid did.

Love can make you crazy, yes. But I somehow expected Reid to handle all this like the classy guy I always saw. Maybe it's just a slip. Everyone is allowed to make those in life, unfortunetly for him he had to maybe have his happen in the media (on TV and on his Diary of the Departed). Doubtlful that myself or anyone else who may have saw him in that light would hold it against him for very long! As long as the Good, classy, quirky and funny returns to us in the media soon.
    Last edited by Taddy77; 07-29-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;3622029;
    Yes, what was asked that wasn't included in tonight's ATFR? Blue Frog alluded to Ed-gate being discussed and Chris H's twitter alluded to that, as well. What happened?

his twitter didnt allude to anything, he doesnt like being asked about silly rumors he told her everything would be answered the next week and they were Ed and Jill are happy in love and have been living together since the show wasfinished taping thats 2 months CH did not confirm rumors or deny basically said watch the show. also I saw a post from bluefrog that her Gf saw the writing on the wall with Ed a long time ago, meaning she wasnt his Gf when he went on the show that comment clarified that timeline

Taddy, I can certainly understand and respect your opinion, but I do not agree. I think Reid's reaction and behavior tonight only further demonstrate how naive he was to this whole process. Furthermore, both Jillian and CH would not give him a break. CH wants to act as the compassionate friend, but even I can see through that now. Sadly, I used to buy it. It seemed like CH and Jillian wanted to make him relive his pain and neither backed off when he was uncomfortable and visibly crushed. Shame on those two for their behavior.

FORT Fan

" Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post

I took Reid's fantasy suite comment to mean "you just said you knew you were in love with Ed all along so then why did you do what you did with me in the fantasy suite????" A reasonable question for him to have and one he was too polite to specify. She knew what he was asking and that's why she had the deer in the headlights reaction---there is no good answer to that question---she was stuck."

---------------------------------

I took it this way, too, or rather when they were alone and off camera for the very first time and she could be completely honest, she still misled him verbally and or physically when she could have just been straight with him then. I think he felt like at the FS she could have told him how she felt ("I'm really leaning toward ED.") but she instead did the opposite and that surprised him. Maybe contractually she's not allowed to give the F3 ANY hints to her feelings, even when alone in the FS? I dunno.

The ATFR was a lot longer than what we saw. They could easily have cut some convo between Reid and Jill but left in the awkward pauses for affect. I think he was really honest about his feelings, esp for a guy who is usually more reserved in that dept! But I also think the things he REALLY wanted to ask her--things you would normally ask a gf who is breaking ou with you--he couldn't bring to ask on national TV. I hope they had some time to talk atthe party afterward without Ed hanging around. Let them talk alone for awhile and get some closure.

I'm also going to miss Reid each week, as will my hubby and two sons--we all became huge Reid fans! My teen son wants Reid to be his "mentor" in how to be funny with girls so they will like you--lol!

My theory is GF gate is being put away for now, by ABC anyway, in their best interests right because it makes them look bad, they are not going to want to touch that can of worms, especially if the whole I am leaving for work was really about dealing with the Gf or Gfs, because they are complicit in that, they crucifed Wes for the same thing but not Ed, and of course Ed won so they have to promote the fairy tale. If it goes sour, then ABC can throw Ed under the bus.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-29-2009 at 03:53 AM.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy77;3622496;
    I adored Reid the whole reason, but tonight for the first time he came across just like a spoiled angry guy who is used to getting his way and didn't. It kind of irked me that he just assumed that Jillian was going to pick him and he just blew off the other 2 guys. This was Jillian's choice. Reid was not there to pick the man for Jill. SO to be 100% sure, and say that even at the ATFR show that he thought she would basically throw the other 2 in the pool and pick HIM - shows he was focused on only HIS feelings and what HE thought should happen. If you notice both Kip & ED said they were nervous the day of the FCR and had doubt set in. I found it funny that ED even said on ATFR that he got nervous that morning and thought maybe she wouldn't pick him, when he obviously knew it was going to be him! I think it shows that he was just human, and knew this was all in JILLIAN'S hands.

SO as much as it kills me to say this and it killed me to SEE this tonight, Reid IMO came off as selfish tonight to me. He didn't once think that Jillian could have fallen in love with someone else (during the whole process or more importantly AFTER he LEFT as F3) and thats what would be BEST for her, no matter how much that might hurt him.

Can he be angry about it.. heck yeah!!! Can he he heartbroken, hurt etc... absolutely!!! but handle it like man, not like a little boy who didn't get his way. Which is how he came off tonight at the ATFR.
    I was with a room full of friends, some of whom were rabid Reid friends who shocked me by thinking the same way as I did. They thought Kip was very very classy as usual. Although it was quite obvious to all of us he probably didn't fall as hard for Jillian as Reid did.

Love can make you crazy, yes. But I somehow expected Reid to handle all this like the classy guy I always saw. Maybe it's just a slip. Everyone is allowed to make those in life, unfortunetly for him he had to maybe have his happen in the media (on TV and on his Diary of the Departed). Doubtlful that myself or anyone else who may have saw him in that light would hold it against him for very long! As long as the Good, classy, quirky and funny returns to us in the media soon.
    This is what TPTB wanted hence the CH badgering of Reid. What was he supposed to do...sit there and ignore CH's 20 questions...he wouldn't let up. CH kept saying and is there anything else? Do you still love her? Anything else? Well how about this? Why? How? I mean come on, it's obvious they wanted some raw emotion, they definitely weren't going to get it with Kiptyn.

They know they had a gold mine in Reid and Jillian's reunion so they milked it for all it was worth. Just read CH's blog...it says it all.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy77;3622496;

Reid did what he did because he was led to believe those things either by Jillian or the producers. He seems like a smart guy and I'm sure what he said during his interview at ATFR was well thought out. He basically got played by Jill and/or Fleiss and who wouldn't want or need to redeem themselves in front of millions of viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622128;
    1. Yep. I mean, I know we really don't know these people at all, but everything about Kiptyn screams: Magnanimous. It's a personality trait I highly admire. If it's for real, he's something very very special & rare.

3. Me, too! (shocked that they've only been apart for 5 days) How da HECK have they swung that? I mean, while Jillian has been doing various media things since the show first aired, we can place her in various cities on more than 5 days! Crazy.

Aint love Grand- goes to show you True Love prevails