Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3622444;
    I'm having a hard time reconciling Reid being so heartbroken on the ATFR with the pictures of him with Jillian and Ed that were posted earlier in this thread. I think maybe they are setting up Reid for the next bachelor. Are they simply playing up his heartbreak? Kiptyn didn't spend much time on stage but his attitude is far different from Reid's. Kip is a happy guy who doesn't seem to want to dwell on any unhappiness. I also think he wouldn't want to make Jillian uncomfortable. Much the way I think Jillian would react. Reid on the other hand seems to want to analyze the situation a little more. As a Kip fan it bugs me that he was F2 and Reid was given more airtime on the ATFR and had a ton of time at the FRC. Again, is this because they are setting up Reid as the next bachelor? Maybe Kip refused. Hopefully he did now that he's gotten a good look at how this show operates. Melissa turned it down and that decision did wonders for her. She's still a fan favorite.
    Re the bolded: That's the rumor over in Kip's thread. Maybe it was confirmed and I missed it. They're pretty sure. He declined their offer to be the next Bach, so that's why he got so little air time at ATFR.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3622454;

Re the bolded: That's the rumor over in Kip's thread. Maybe it was confirmed and I missed it. They're pretty sure. He declined their offer to be the next Bach, so that's why he got so little air time at ATFR.
    If that's true then may I join in to seriously his excellent judgement. I'll also take back my privately held thought that he was gunning to be TB this whole time. I didn't SEE him being particularly invested in Jillian and that led me to believe he was just a nice guy, going through the motions. Perhaps I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;3622429;
    I have read for the last two hours here to make sure that I was not the only one seeing still the connection Reid & Jill have. It is just way to obvious.
    I would like to mention a couple things that I have not seen mentioned here yet & could actually prove that I am loonie tunes or have some merit.

When I watched Reid tonight he still would shake his head & watch Jill very closley. He know full well she definatley has some very deep stuff going on for him. He feels it still & when he says this is insane & rediculous her is correct.
    Given what Chris has just blogged this is something I have been thinking. Chris must sense that ED & JILL will not make it. In all that prodding tonight if you think about it he actually was getting reactions from Jill by Reids comments. He also was verifying to JILL that Reid still loved her. This has nothing to do with Reid ever being the bachelor at all. I believe & Reid pretty much hinted at it that he plans on waiting to see what happens in the next couple months with ED & Jill. He does still not believe ED is for JILL. He will not interfere but he will wait. Remember the first refusal & him leaving he said he would give it three to four months tops with Jill & ED. The reason Reid got so much time is because ABC knows that is the real connection.
    IF Jill really knew it was ED she had no buisness when Reid was let go first time to say to Reid as he gets into limo CALL ME to which he replied NO you call me. She also said something to him I cannot pick up on second refusal when she nuzzled his neck & they left the alter.
    Reid is still not accepting this because he knows there is unfinished buisness waiting here. he is going to wait for a bit here. He saw the emotion again the ATFRC. He's not dumb & many in this thread are not either. Jill knows it too & is now fighting it. Does she love ED Yes but not the depth of connection she has with REID & she found that out at the ATFRC. What you saw as giddy with ED was a lot of cover trying to convince herself.
    Before you jump all over me just read my bottom line in pink for those that think I'm whacked. lol

Way way too much still going on with Reid & Jillian before any marriage can take place with ED. You bet these two are coing to reconnect somehow & I Think Chris just pretty much told us that & they wanted to prove it to REID & JILLIAN

Love your pink bottom line - very funny!

I don't know... I think it was good for ratings to keep Reid on for as long as they did. He's clearly very popular. I felt it seemed way too easy for Jillian when she was telling Reid how much she was in love with Ed. I can't imagine being able to speak so boldly about loving someone else to a person that you really love more? It hurt my heart when Reid had just got done admitting to still loving her and then she says very frankly that she is so in love with Ed.

By that point I was quite irritated with both CH and Jillian. I think Reid put more than enough of himself out there. The Bachelorette doesn't have to put as much out there as the guys through the whole season and then when it's over, she still doesn't have to put it out there. I understand she needs to be concerned with Ed's feelings, but it just seems so unfair to Reid to not get something back for all he did put out. And it looked to me like Jillian couldn't get enough of hearing Reids adoring words for her. It just sucks!

I would love to believe that maybe there's something down the road for Reid and Jillian but I'm not sure the signals are adding up that way.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by turtlelove;3622415;
    Or no ring for that matter!

Whether you are Reid fan or not, I think it should be understandable that he had to finally say something. CH and Jillian were nagging him to death. It was so very painful. I almost got the sense that they were trying to make him feel (at least initially) that something he would say might make a difference at this point. The pain in his eyes when he realized it was over... ohhh. I really do wish him the best. He brought such joy to my heart this season with his wit and genuine charm. But that's just me.
    I felt the same way, like he definitely had a "script" but was not having anything to do with it, hence all the "quiet" moments. And trust me it is not just you . . . me too, and my 16 year old daughter . . . and I'm guessing thousands+ more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3622417;
    Does anyone really think Jillian is moving to Chicago on Sept. 1? I have serious doubts.
    I believe her about that as much as I believed Molly about moving to Seattle.

Hint--Molly is still in Michigan.

Btw--Happy Anniversary! And many more.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3622454;

Good. Selfishly I'd love to see more of Kip but he's way too classy for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3622344;
    I think there will always be debate over the comment, it could go both ways but I personally thought it was about their FS. It was interesting either way. Ed of course had to one up him and make sure everyone knew he was the only FS guy in Spain. Sorry but we know different.
    I just rewatched this part of the show and I think it may have been partly a joke. Reid uses his humor to get out of awkward situations and this was right after a BIG silence. He had a big grin on his face when he said it and followed it up with him saying he's got nuthin else. More lighthearted than when I initially saw it.

FORT Newbie

I am so crazy about Reid and I just can't understand why Jillian chose Ed over him. There had to be something with Ed that she saw and I didn't. Of course watching it on t.v. would be a lot different than being there.
    I hope Reid will be okay. I will really miss seeing hm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;3622429;
    I have read for the last two hours here to make sure that I was not the only one seeing still the connection Reid & Jill have. It is just way to obvious.
    I would like to mention a couple things that I have not seen mentioned here yet & could actually prove that I am loonie tunes or have some merit.

When I watched Reid tonight he still would shake his head & watch Jill very closley. He know full well she definatley has some very deep stuff going on for him. He feels it still & when he says this is insane & rediculous her is correct.
    Given what Chris has just blogged this is something I have been thinking. Chris must sense that ED & JILL will not make it. In all that prodding tonight if you think about it he actually was getting reactions from Jill by Reids comments. He also was verifying to JILL that Reid still loved her. This has nothing to do with Reid ever being the bachelor at all. I believe & Reid pretty much hinted at it that he plans on waiting to see what happens in the next couple months with ED & Jill. He does still not believe ED is for JILL. He will not interfere but he will wait. Remember the first refusal & him leaving he said he would give it three to four months tops with Jill & ED. The reason Reid got so much time is because ABC knows that is the real connection.
    IF Jill really knew it was ED she had no buisness when Reid was let go first time to say to Reid as he gets into limo CALL ME to which he replied NO you call me. She also said something to him I cannot pick up on second refusal when she nuzzled his neck & they left the alter.
    Reid is still not accepting this because he knows there is unfinished buisness waiting here. he is going to wait for a bit here. He saw the emotion again the ATFRC. He's not dumb & many in this thread are not either. Jill knows it too & is now fighting it. Does she love ED Yes but not the depth of connection she has with REID & she found that out at the ATFRC. What you saw as giddy with ED was a lot of cover trying to convince herself.
    Before you jump all over me just read my bottom line in pink for those that think I'm whacked. lol

Way way too much still going on with Reid & Jillian before any marriage can take place with ED. You bet these two are coing to reconnect somehow & I Think Chris just pretty much told us that & they wanted to prove it to REID & JILLIAN
    I said it when we first learned last week about the outcome--I don't think Ed and Jill will last very long.

And then Jill will start talking with Reid for emotional support. They will become even better friends--which will blossom sometime in the next year into something much more than just friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnray;3622463;
    I am so crazy about Reid and I just can't understand why Jillian chose Ed over him. There had to be something with Ed that she saw and I didn't. Of course watching it on t.v. would be a lot different than being there.
    I hope Reid will be okay. I will really miss seeing hm.
    Apparently there's something there that a lot of us didn't see. I guess time will tell. They did seem very happy together on the ATFR - I thought.