Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3622253;
    One last thought about the rings:

Senior year of college 4 of my friends got engaged.
    One had a beautiful 2 carat/flawless diamond.
    One had an ugly ring with a gorgeous 1.5 carat stone.
    One had a teeny tiny ring with a stone so small you couldn't see it.
    One had a BIG/terrible quality stone (seriously looks like a piece of glass).

A few years later now and for the most part the rings all look the same...
    Except the 2 carat/flawless has been returned... she broke off the
    engagement and it was the best decision she ever made.
    The ugly ring/gorgeous stone is still equal parts ugly/gorgeous but with 2
    kids she sometimes forgets it at home on the dresser
    (due to the constant chasing after the two kids under 3
    years old)
    The teeny tiny ring is still teeny tiny but the bride looks better than ever - in
    a very happy marriage.
    And the big stone with terrible quality is still flashed around as if it were a
    $60,000 rock from Neil Lane himself.

At the end of the day the rock couldn't matter less. And if it were me, and I had these three guys to pick from? In all actuality, of COURSE if given tons of options I'd love to have a beautiful ring - but I'd take Reid and his "less than" ring in a heartbeat. If you can get a great guy/ a great partner/ a great love/ a great friend... who cares WHAT the ring looks like.
    You're sending me tripping down memory lane with your ring stories. When we were ring shopping, the salesman made the comment that we could "buy this one now, and always upgrade later". Much later (as in 10 years) my DH brought that back up and I assured him that I would never upgrade that ring because it wouldn't be the one he gave me when we got married, and have all the sentimentality attached. I got one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on his face, and he said "I'm so glad to hear you say that". That's the year I got my eternity band for an anniv. gift. Now you've gone and made me all gushy -- tomorrow's our 19th anniversary.

Anyway, I'm sure Jillian loves that ring because it's the one Ed picked out for her.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3622291;
    You're sending me tripping down memory lane with your ring stories. When we were ring shopping, the salesman made the comment that we could "buy this one now, and always upgrade later". Much later (as in 10 years) my DH brought that back up and I assured him that I would never upgrade that ring because it wouldn't be the one he gave me when we got married, and have all the sentimentality attached. I got one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on his face, and he said "I'm so glad to hear you say that". That's the year I got my eternity band for an anniv. gift. Now you've gone and made me all gushy -- tomorrow's our 19th anniversary.

Anyway, I'm sure Jillian loves that ring because it's the one Ed picked out for her.
    oh CONGRATULATIONS on 19 yrs. If I ever make it that far I'll consider myself very very lucky.

FORT Regular

Sorry - but I'm going to Jillian-bash, but I'm watching on the west coast. Jillian acts like an idiot as soon as Ed comes out. Seriously, I can't believe I thought she was a woman of substance. It's like she has to convince us that she's happy by saying it a million times. Sometimes actions speak louder than words - but in this case all her words are telling me she doesn't believe this is going to last. This is seriously the worst of the worst. At least with Jason I could tell he was serious and as much as I didn't like his personality I felt sorry for him. I don't think Jillian and Ed will last past the fall - but if they do - more power to them. They deserve each other.

Again - Reid dodged a bullet. He will see soon enough there are many more wonderful women out there with more class, more smarts, and better looking than Jillian. And one of them is his soul mate. It will all work out as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by vedagirl;3622306;
    Sorry - but I'm going to Jillian-bash, but I'm watching on the west coast. Jillian acts like an idiot as soon as Ed comes out. Seriously, I can't believe I thought she was a woman of substance. It's like she has to convince us that she's happy by saying it a million times. Sometimes actions speak louder than words - but in this case all her words are telling me she doesn't believe this is going to last. This is seriously the worst of the worst. At least with Jason I could tell he was serious and as much as I didn't like his personality I felt sorry for him. I don't think Jillian and Ed will last past the fall - but if they do - more power to them. They deserve each other.

Again - Reid dodged a bullet. He will see soon enough there are many more wonderful women out there with more class, more smarts, and better looking than Jillian. And one of them is his soul mate. It will all work out as it should.
    Re: the part I bolded. I noticed that too. How many times did she say that during the show? 4 or 5? Sounds like she was trying to convince herself. JMO. Not bashing, just observing. When I got engaged I don't remember once having to tell anyone I was happy. I was glowing from the inside out

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

bachaddict624, the pics are up in the Media thread.

As for the comment that Ed said about them not spending more than 5 or 6 days apart...I think he meant that throughout the 2 months apart they did not go without spending more than 5 or 6 days apart. So the most time they spent without seeing each other was 5 or 6 days. There is no way they spent 55 days together since filming ended. JMO

I didn't think either seemed very serious about marriage. All Jillian kept talking aobut was having fun. Also Ed said that she was coming to Chicago to live with him "for awhile" and she said she is packing her bags and going to Chicago to see how things go and have fun with it...hmmm.

Reid is still clearly hurt and a little confused and just because he looks or seems happy in pics doesn't mean he is. I was expecting to see him feeling a little hurt but it actually shocked me how emotional he still is.

ETA - ring debate - Ed's is ugly, Kiptyn's was better, Reid's is sweet like him...my personal fave was the squarish diamond ring with the thin diamond band. That one was lovely.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bachaddict624;3622283;
    Does anyone know where to find the pics of the wrap party from last night?
    This thread...posts 346, 354, and 356...

eta:
    Reid is still clearly hurt and a little confused and just because he looks or seems happy in pics doesn't mean he is. I was expecting to seem him feeling a little hurt but it actually shocked me how emotional he still is.
    I agree LoveMy Girls...I was a little shocked too, especially after the pic's from last night...he definitely fell 'head over heels'...I felt bad for him tonight, but he didn't shy away from any of it, or try to downplay his feelings...Once he has them, he's owns them...classy...
    Last edited by HardSpun; 07-29-2009 at 03:12 AM.

ATFR just wrapped up here on the west coast. It's too bad that everyone can't get the ending they want in a situation like this. It's hard to see Reid and Kiptyn admit to loving Jillian and having to walk away without her. She and Ed look very happy. I'm happy for them but sad for the others. Would love to see Reid back as the Bachelor. I think he's just soooo cute! But he did say he's not ready to date yet so maybe that's an indication he wouldn't be interested. Would love to tune into him each week.

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3622236;
    I disagree. I thought he was asking about his FS, much like Jeremy asked Deanna. I think everyone thought is was about Ed's date because that is really the only FS date that the audience cared about, remembered. Reid said it was the best day/night of his life so I can see him having questions about his own time with her.
    If he was talking about his, he wouldn't have wrestle over it, he would have spit it out, there would not have been anything wrong in asking about their FD. But to ask about another guy, I guess it was arkward. That expression on Chris face told it all.

Nothin wrong in what he said, Made the show worth watching.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: add statement

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3622320;
    bachaddict624, the pics are up in the Media thread.

As for the comment that Ed said about them not spending more than 5 or 6 days apart...I think he meant that throughout the 2 months apart they did not go without spending more than 5 or 6 days apart. So the most time they spent without seeing each other was 5 or 6 days. There is no way they spent 55 days together since filming ended. JMO

I didn't think either seemed very serious about marriage. All Jillian kept talking aobut was having fun. Also Ed said that she was coming to Chicago to live with him "for awhile" and she said she is packing her bags and going to Chicago to see how things go and have fun with it...hmmm.

Reid is still clearly hurt and a little confused and just because he looks or seems happy in pics doesn't mean he is. I was expecting to see him feeling a little hurt but it actually shocked me how emotional he still is.

ETA - ring debate - Ed's is ugly, Kiptyn's was better, Reid's is sweet like him...my personal fave was the squarish diamond ring with the thin diamond band. That one was lovely.

Re the bolded: haven't we seen that ring before? I think it was one of Jason's choices, and maybe one of Brad's. Am I remembering right? Was Neil Lane the ring designer on those seasons? That ring looked really familiar to me. Maybe it was DeAnna's season.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3622320;
    Am I the only one who thought it was very reminiscent of Jesse and DeAnna? That's so what it reminded me of...