Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: After the Final Rose

Talking about rings isn't negative. It's sometimes just what is girls do and frankly, it's a pretty tame topic.

I can't remember the one Kip picked. If was was the square one it was pretty. I like the round diamond in the center flanked by baguettes or the round one in center surrounded by diamonds around it and a diamond band. The latter prob costs a fortune but the pic I saw of one was beautiful. I also like the princess cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by I am hooked;3621888;
    I saw the Fantasy Suite question totally different. I felt Reid was talking about their time in the suite (bathtub). I think that is why she had the look on her face like don't bring that up. To him that was the best night he has ever had and it meant alot to him to be with her. IMO
    ''

I took Reid's fantasy suite comment to mean "you just said you knew you were in love with Ed all along so then why did you do what you did with me in the fantasy suite????" A reasonable question for him to have and one he was too polite to specify. She knew what he was asking and that's why she had the deer in the headlights reaction---there is no good answer to that question---she was stuck.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622210;
    Well, shyeah! But gah...Ed sure picked a fugly $60,000 free ring, IMO. I'm sure Jillian loves it b/c Ed picked it out, but he coulda done better. As an aside, I'm not a fan of Neil Lane engagement rings -- too much going on with 'em -- but I think Ed might've picked the worst one available. Oh, Ed.
    It wasn't the most attractive thing ever. I'm not a fan of pear shape but for some reason I was thinking that the ring thing is a sham. That the designer creates a special ring for the bachelorette and the guy that is the "winner" is strongly urged to chose it.
    I remember reading an article about that way back. Maybe they don't do that anymore.

FORT Regular

Watching it on the west coast - I CANNOT BELIEVE what Jillian passed up with Reid. That is the stuff dreams are made of - I hope he truly believes that what is meant to happen will happen because he is meant to find someone so sweet so real and soooo much more into him than Jillian ever could be. Wow.

I kind of hope he does become the next bachelor so that it's rubbed in her face when he finds love and Ed leaves her.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3622219;
    I completely agree with you both on that one. Easily the worst ring in the bunch. (Which is weird because Ed usually has phenomenal fashion sense and you'd think that would translation to design as well. Odd. )
    you mean like his gray and green tank tops under a pink (was it gingham??) button up short sleeve shirt????? I just lol'd........still am lol'ing on that one....

FORT Fogey

I love the eternity bands but wonder prefer it in white gold or platium. I think the diamonds really stand out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3622242;
    ''

I took Reid's fantasy suite comment to mean "you just said you knew you were in love with Ed all along so then why did you do what you did with me in the fantasy suite????" A reasonable question for him to have and one he was too polite to specify. She knew what he was asking and that's why she had the deer in the headlights reaction---there is no good answer to that question---she was stuck.
    ITA, cheeky, as always!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622234;
    OMG. If you had any sense of my posting history this season, you'd know that I have never cared one iota whom Jillian chose. I'm a big Jesse lover, for the love of all that is holy! But I've been crazy supportive of Jillian, no matter what.

I just don't like that ring. Or ANY Neil Lane rings, for that matter. Put me in jail. It's not a personal slam on Ed's character. I just didn't like the ring he chose. And it's really no problem since I'm not engaged to him.

Please don't get upset. Sometimes I like to snark a little...I mean no harm. Peace?
    Victoria, I seriously needed a laugh. You provided it 10x over in the bolded sentences. Thank you!

And ITA with atem... make the guys cough up the dough themselves to see what kind of ring they choose. That would be interesting, and possibly very telling, indeed!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3622227;
    Me too. Even the EW article, I think it was, mocked Ed for his poor taste in rings.

I just don't get the huge, gaudy diamond rings. At all. If I ever get engaged, I just want something simple and classic. One single (not huge) stone, or several smaller ones, like the band Reid had. Less is more, IMO.
    One last thought about the rings:

Senior year of college 4 of my friends got engaged.
    One had a beautiful 2 carat/flawless diamond.
    One had an ugly ring with a gorgeous 1.5 carat stone.
    One had a teeny tiny ring with a stone so small you couldn't see it.
    One had a BIG/terrible quality stone (seriously looks like a piece of glass).

A few years later now and for the most part the rings all look the same...
    Except the 2 carat/flawless has been returned... she broke off the
    engagement and it was the best decision she ever made.
    The ugly ring/gorgeous stone is still equal parts ugly/gorgeous but with 2
    kids she sometimes forgets it at home on the dresser
    (due to the constant chasing after the two kids under 3
    years old)
    The teeny tiny ring is still teeny tiny but the bride looks better than ever - in
    a very happy marriage.
    And the big stone with terrible quality is still flashed around as if it were a
    $60,000 rock from Neil Lane himself.

At the end of the day the rock couldn't matter less. And if it were me, and I had these three guys to pick from? In all actuality, of COURSE if given tons of options I'd love to have a beautiful ring - but I'd take Reid and his "less than" ring in a heartbeat. If you can get a great guy/ a great partner/ a great love/ a great friend... who cares WHAT the ring looks like.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3622178;
    I can only speak for myself obviously, but will try to respond to you as best I can. I became a Reid fan mostly during the train episode. Loved his sense of humor, loved his personality. I've said this a million times in various threads, but I disliked Ed from the get go. I had not read the boards except during pre-season sleuthing, way back when it was thought Jake had the girlfriend. Something about Ed was off for me right away. When he left for "work," my antennae went up, and I smelled a rat on this show more so than usual. So I came back here to figure out what was going on and started reading. So, you see, I knew nothing of the gfs until well after I had formed my opinion of Ed. My opinion was that of a player and a frat boy, and since the gf information came from people I personally trust as well, put those two things together and that's why I believe it's true. It had nothing to do with wanting to believe the worst about Ed because I liked Reid.

And FWIW, I got that same negative reaction to Jason right off the bat in DeAnna's season too. He's no favorite of mine, to put it mildly.
    Well, at least we can agree on Jason!

VAgirl, I appreciate your post. I understand where you are coming from. It's just been really hard to be someone posting at FORT that felt there was something very serious and real going on with Jillian and Ed. Most of us just left, for the most part, to be honest.

I DO think Reid is a great guy, and he always made me smile, and sometimes lol. And Kiptyn is so caring and laid back and sweet. But I can't agree with the aggressive Ed or Jillian bashing going on here at FORT. So unproductive and unnecessary.

Peace out. Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?