Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622210;
    Well, shyeah! But gah...Ed sure picked a fugly $60,000 free ring, IMO. I'm sure Jillian loves it b/c Ed picked it out, but he coulda done better. As an aside, I'm not a fan of Neil Lane engagement rings -- too much going on with 'em -- but I think Ed might've picked the worst one available. Oh, Ed.
    That ring was horrendous. They should let the woman pick out a few she loves and have the man pick from amongst them. The center stone was tacky and the whole thing was just ick.

I don't remember liking the one Jason gave Mel last season either but the one from her new fiance is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3622213;
    ITA, and this has NOTHING to do with me liking Reid or Kip better. I honestly hated his ring.
    Me too. Even the EW article, I think it was, mocked Ed for his poor taste in rings.

I just don't get the huge, gaudy diamond rings. At all. If I ever get engaged, I just want something simple and classic. One single (not huge) stone, or several smaller ones, like the band Reid had. Less is more, IMO.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3622222;
    We didn't get to see Reid's ring though. Right?

Anyway, I don't think Ed's ring is ugly. I thought Kiptyn's was.
    Haha - well ITdon'tA with that - I loved Kipper's ring.

But - I wanted to tell you I DO see what you're saying about making them ALL buy their own rings. I actually think that's a great idea. Too bad you're not on the production team. It's be very interesting to see what they choose when it's completely up to them and they're not just handed a selection of 7.

LOL, I though they both were, but I disliked Ed's more!!!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Fogey

Did I just miss it or did the issue of Ed's possible GFs NOT get addressed on the show?

Sorry to be so late with the question--I'm a west c oaster and the show ended just a bit ago.

I want to add my thanks also for SDL and Cupcakes and Kasha and Bloomers and others who supplied such good info for us.
    Very much appreciated!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622210;
    Well, shyeah! But gah...Ed sure picked a fugly $60,000 free ring, IMO. I'm sure Jillian loves it b/c Ed picked it out, but he coulda done better. As an aside, I'm not a fan of Neil Lane engagement rings -- too much going on with 'em -- but I think Ed might've picked the worst one available. Oh, Ed.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't like that ring. Definitely too much going on, and it looked like Ed just went with the one with the biggest center stone. But Neil Lane said something about it being Art Deco style, so maybe that's why I didn't like it - not my taste.

And are we really supposed to believe he designed those rings with Jillian in mind? Really? How long does it take to design, and manufacture, a ring like that? Gah

We did at the very end of the preview after the Men Tell All. It was a simple gold band with very small diamonds all the way around it. Like an eternity ring, or what some folks use as their wedding band.

Quote Originally Posted by artsygurl;3622217;
    OMG there is so much negativity on this board I cannot even believe it!!! That ring is friggin gorgeous!!! I'm so out of here.....
    OMG. If you had any sense of my posting history this season, you'd know that I have never cared one iota whom Jillian chose. I'm a big Jesse lover, for the love of all that is holy! But I've been crazy supportive of Jillian, no matter what.

I just don't like that ring. Or ANY Neil Lane rings, for that matter. Put me in jail. It's not a personal slam on Ed's character. I just didn't like the ring he chose. And it's really no problem since I'm not engaged to him.

Please don't get upset. Sometimes I like to snark a little...I mean no harm. Peace?
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3622221;
    No he was talking about Jillian and Ed's FD, did you look at the look on Chris face and I don't think he liked it. The audience laughing. She didn't know at one point what he was talking about.
    I disagree. I thought he was asking about his FS, much like Jeremy asked Deanna. I think everyone thought is was about Ed's date because that is really the only FS date that the audience cared about, remembered. Reid said it was the best day/night of his life so I can see him having questions about his own time with her.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3622228;
    Haha - well ITdon'tA with that - I loved Kipper's ring.

But - I wanted to tell you I DO see what you're saying about making them ALL buy their own rings. I actually think that's a great idea. Too bad you're not on the production team. It's be very interesting to see what they choose when it's completely up to them and they're not just handed a selection of 7.
    Yeah. I mean, sure it's easy to say that you are going to ask The Bachelorette for her hand in marriage. But, make them cough up the cash to do it and see what happens.