Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: After the Final Rose

I think the 5 days thing might have been miscommunicated. They aren't living together as she is said to be moving in September. Maybe they meant no more than 5 days had gone by without them seeing each other. That makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam;3621934;
    From what I saw tonight, can only think that most of the sleuthers who had 'insider' information this season were fed red herrings.
    :nono The infor still might come out.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGirl99;3622075;
    ITA that Reid's FS question was about their FS, not Ed/Jillian. As inquisitive and analytic as he is, do you think he's going to waste his time asking about Ed? We have to remember that the last time he was able to see/speak w/ her was when he was asking her to marry him. And he really believed she would say yes. He was then thrown in a van, driven around to get some good plugs, thrown on a plane and shipped back to Philly to deal w/ his broken heart for 2 months, all the while not being able to talk to anyone about it or ask Jillian what went wrong. He probably had a million questions for her and yet probably couldn't think of where to start when he saw her.
    Also, he probably didn't see the FRC until the night of the ATFR so he didn't know exactly how things transpired after he left w/ Ed or her family, engagement, etc. I would have so many questions I wouldn't know where to begin.

Also, (and this is why I just love him) Reid is so real and genuine that it's obvious when he falls for someone he falls completely in love. I think that he was perfect for TPTB because he was clearly naive to the premise of the show. He could FEEL the love between the two of them and just couldn't understand how she could be feeling that way towards more than one person. IRL that is most likely the case and lucky for him (and anyone who ends up with him) he didn't change how he managed his feelings just because he was on a reality show. I don't think he knew that he was expected to drop his feelings at the door and just be ok w/ her falling for more than one person. That's just not who he is and I don't think he comprehended that it was Jillian's "role" to lead them all on. Again, I understand that is what she is there to do, but it was obvious no one bothered to tell him that. There were clearly feelings, emotions and words (and maybe other things ) that were shared during their FS that he really thought was just between the two of them. I don't think he even dreamed she had those same feelings towards anyone else. And I love him for that!

I do think that if TPTB let him come back prior to the FRC when he wanted, that there could be a different ending. If they wanted a love story, that could have been one for the books!
    I agree that he was naive about this process and didn't realize Jill had to not let on which one she was falling for. He innocently believed her. One clue to that was when he got the second FS card from Chris he said, "For all I know everyone could be getting these weird cards." It was like he had no clue about the cards before that (that the show had them)--not to mention he didn't know everyone gets one.

That's why I think he also said he believed he had "no competition" when he came back for Jill at the FRC. He still believed all she said was 100% true and she had only said these things to him, and him alone. He didn't really understand that she has to act lovey to all the guys for the sake of the show and not let on which is her fave. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3622115;
    He said something like he got the ring himself, and he knew it wasn't the best. For me, it was a pretty heart wrenching moment. I hope he really doesn't think that. I thought his ring was the most beautiful and "real" of them all. But of course, I don't like showy jewelry or grand displays of affection, either. Simple is name of the game for me.
    I'm with you here on all counts...

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3622171;
    :nono The infor still might come out.
    Which insider info? The girlfriend thing?

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3622115;
    He said something like he got the ring himself, and he knew it wasn't the best. For me, it was a pretty heart wrenching moment. I hope he really doesn't think that. I thought his ring was the most beautiful and "real" of them all. But of course, I don't like showy jewelry or grand displays of affection, either. Simple is name of the game for me.
    ABC bought those rings. I would junk them. I wonder if you have to use their rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3622146;
    2. This is the third season I've been on FORT, either as a lurker or a poster--and I have to ask--why do you all do this to yourselves every season? Jason during Deanna's season; Melissa or Jillian during Jason's. Reid is a great guy, funny, quirky, handsome, charming--that's true. Tonight I really believed he was hurt, that he believed he could declare how he felt and it would all work out. And it made me sad. But he became a FORT fave before the season even started, right? And scenarios and fantasies seemed to develop around Reid, that were not in line with what those of us who weren't invested in anyone, or specifically Reid, saw. What I saw, in case you were wondering was a connection, and a big one, with Ed from the first m&g. Many of you might miss out on enjoying the first true fairy tale ending since Trista, just because you like Reid, so you wanted to believe the worst about Ed and the rumors. My heart broke for Kip and Reid again, tonight, but this whole season has been about Jillian and Ed. From day one.
    I can only speak for myself obviously, but will try to respond to you as best I can. I became a Reid fan mostly during the train episode. Loved his sense of humor, loved his personality. I've said this a million times in various threads, but I disliked Ed from the get go. I had not read the boards except during pre-season sleuthing, way back when it was thought Jake had the girlfriend. Something about Ed was off for me right away. When he left for "work," my antennae went up, and I smelled a rat on this show more so than usual. So I came back here to figure out what was going on and started reading. So, you see, I knew nothing of the gfs until well after I had formed my opinion of Ed. My opinion was that of a player and a frat boy, and since the gf information came from people I personally trust as well, put those two things together and that's why I believe it's true. It had nothing to do with wanting to believe the worst about Ed because I liked Reid.

And FWIW, I got that same negative reaction to Jason right off the bat in DeAnna's season too. He's no favorite of mine, to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by wgschlenker;3622102;
    So in your opinion it was ok for ED to brag about being the only one to get a FS and basically insinuate that they "did the deed", but it's not ok for Reid to ask about the FS? For the record, I think Reid was referring to his FS with Jill in Spain (how she denied him but we KNOW she went because of screencaps). I'm sure it irritated him that he knows they went to the FS but it was perceived that they didn't. I also think that things were said in the FS that led him to believe that her feelings towards him were more than they actually were.
    I think both Reid and Kip had an overnight FS with Jillian in Maui, not in Spain. She agreed to one with Ed in Spain because he had just come back to the show and she said she needed more one on one time with him. But it appears that she did sleep with all three of the men in Maui (and that was when Ed didn't "perform" up to her expectations) and then again with Kip and Ed on the Big Island of Hawaii. It's really sick when young people are equating "love" only with "sex" and nothing more and obviously that's why these "love" matches don't last.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3622163;
    I think it was just plain odd how this show treated Kiptyn. But, maybe he really doesn't want much to do with this wacky show.
    I love Kiptyn, but I honestly don't think Kiptyn gave them much to work with. He is a complete gentleman and wouldn't hurt a fly, and I think he wouldn't say anything negative about anyone either. It is just his nature. I don't think he gave much for them to work with, and he really wasn't the drama this season--Ed and Reid were.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Re: Aftr??

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3622157;
    Just look how close Jillian and Reid are, in the top picture. Way closer than Jillian and Ed were tonight. What was up about that?? Sure they were holding hands but really this is your fiance and you don't even have your arm around her.

Also how come Jillian and Ed didn't get a gift from the producers. That has to be a first!!! Any ideas?? I know I have one is SDL right and this is a set up with Jillian and Ed....
    I was wondering the same thing re: Ed....

I thought at first TPTB were going to send them back to Spain (walking under the bridge clip) but, nope....