Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3622121;
    I totally... I mean... I think... I might... Agree... Well...

(just doing my best Reid imitation... kidding... I heart that guy )

Actually, I REALLY cannot decide whether I think he was saying "why did you do all that with me in OUR fantasy suite?" or "so you picked the guy with E.D.? Seriously?"

The moment he said it I thought it was definitely the latter, and it actually cracked me up. No, it wasn't the classiest thing a person could've said, BUT he definitely wasn't the only one wondering. (Plus I think the way he "referenced" it without actually making her talk about it was an okay way to make the joke at Ed's expense).

Oh AND what was with her being so quiet tonight? I mean seriously - she made about 437 facial expression but I think she only said 16 actual words.
    She was quiet, but who knows. I think she was stressed out. Who wouldn't be?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3622115;
    He said something like he got the ring himself, and he knew it wasn't the best. For me, it was a pretty heart wrenching moment. I hope he really doesn't think that. I thought his ring was the most beautiful and "real" of them all. But of course, I don't like showy jewelry or grand displays of affection, either. Simple is name of the game for me.
    Ouch. That breaks my heart. Thanks for answering! Not sure if I can handle watching the whole thing now. Maybe I'll mute some of it and just stare at him.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3622128;
    3. Me, too! (shocked that they've only been apart for 5 days) How da HECK have they swung that? I mean, while Jillian has been doing various media things since the show first aired, we can place her in various cities on more than 5 days! Crazy.
    Okay, how DOES that work?? Has he been living in her apartment in Vancouver for the last 2 months, never leaving the premises?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3622117;
    LOL, the irony of your post directly under mine. Might as well come out of the closet all the way: I am the only straight red blooded female on the planet who doesn't really find Kip all that attractive. But he seems like a great guy and obviously has a nice body.
    It's ok. We Kiptyn fans are used to the fact that he's been overlooked the entire season I was just trying to bring some humor into this endless "Ed Vs. Reid" debate.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3622139;
    Okay, how DOES that work?? Has he been living in her apartment in Vancouver for the last 2 months, never leaving the premises?
    Maybe they meant 5 days at a time? He's been at work so unless Jill has been locked at his apartment in Chi, then they can't have been living together for 2.5months. How is it possible?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3622120;
    He said that he called the producers 10 times before they took him seriously and that he bought the ring himself and admited it wasn't much of a ring.

I don't know if it's true or not. Reid doesn't seem to be a great at lying.
    I find that so interesting since there were hints from insiders that there was no love connection and the season was a disaster. If they really thought that wouldn't they have let him come back sooner since he was clearly in love with her? For once, I wish TPTB would just let the story tell itself to the extent possible and let him come back to talk to her when he wanted and let the chips fall where they may. This putting him the middle of the FRC was ridiculous. It made it seem so phony when it was anything buth.

FORT Fogey

Thanks everyone for a great season of sleuthing. As the contestants get on with their lives, I'm going to get back to mine. But I'll think about what fun we had here and see you all next season.

FORT Regular

1. I am a new poster this season, after some lurking for a couple of seasons. One thing I can say is that Bloomers, Cupcakes and Kasha have all really impressed me this season. (I didn't pay attention prior seasons to who was posting what.) So without even knowing their history of insider info on other seasons, these are three FORT members I would absolutely trust, if they were comfortable coming forward with insider info. That's what I feel, intuitively. The fact that the atfrc played out exactly as we were told just confirms their integrity for me, again.

2. This is the third season I've been on FORT, either as a lurker or a poster--and I have to ask--why do you all do this to yourselves every season? Jason during Deanna's season; Melissa or Jillian during Jason's. Reid is a great guy, funny, quirky, handsome, charming--that's true. Tonight I really believed he was hurt, that he believed he could declare how he felt and it would all work out. And it made me sad. But he became a FORT fave before the season even started, right? And scenarios and fantasies seemed to develop around Reid, that were not in line with what those of us who weren't invested in anyone, or specifically Reid, saw. What I saw, in case you were wondering was a connection, and a big one, with Ed from the first m&g. Many of you might miss out on enjoying the first true fairy tale ending since Trista, just because you like Reid, so you wanted to believe the worst about Ed and the rumors. My heart broke for Kip and Reid again, tonight, but this whole season has been about Jillian and Ed. From day one.

3. I am going out on a limb here, (me=huge cynic,) and say that Jillian and Ed will make it. They will get married. They will have babies. They will build a life. I've been married long enough to know what I see, to recognize what it takes; the ease they have, the camaraderie, the families' support, the humor, the fact Jillian talked about how unfiltered the conversations are between them coughhonestycough, the fact that she is moving to Chicago. Plus, their ages--by 29/30 you know what you are looking for.

So, if I'm wrong at the end of all this, go ahead and tell me. I have no problem saying "oops, I'm wrong!"

Alanna --- I totally agree with your interpretation. Five days at a time.

I don't know why people are so hard on Jillian, at least from what I have read so far. I thought she was as authentic as she could be without TRYING to hurt someone's feelings tonight. I think seeing Reid brings back emotion, this was only eight weeks ago, but I don't think she is in love with him. For better or worse, she seems to love Ed. And hopefully he feels the same.

I thought this was one of the best ATFR's that I have seen-just real emotion and ending with what seems to be real between Ed and Jill. I was a Kip and Reid fan, but we don't really know how Ed is with her in real life. Whatever he has, she likes it.