Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fanatic

Re: After the Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGirl99;3622075;
    ITA that Reid's FS question was about their FS, not Ed/Jillian. As inquisitive and analytic as he is, do you think he's going to waste his time asking about Ed? We have to remember that the last time he was able to see/speak w/ her was when he was asking her to marry him. And he really believed she would say yes. He was then thrown in a van, driven around to get some good plugs, thrown on a plane and shipped back to Philly to deal w/ his broken heart for 2 months, all the while not being able to talk to anyone about it or ask Jillian what went wrong. He probably had a million questions for her and yet probably couldn't think of where to start when he saw her.
    Also, he probably didn't see the FRC until the night of the ATFR so he didn't know exactly how things transpired after he left w/ Ed or her family, engagement, etc. I would have so many questions I wouldn't know where to begin.

Also, (and this is why I just love him) Reid is so real and genuine that it's obvious when he falls for someone he falls completely in love. I think that he was perfect for TPTB because he was clearly naive to the premise of the show. He could FEEL the love between the two of them and just couldn't understand how she could be feeling that way towards more than one person. IRL that is most likely the case and lucky for him (and anyone who ends up with him) he didn't change how he managed his feelings just because he was on a reality show. I don't think he knew that he was expected to drop his feelings at the door and just be ok w/ her falling for more than one person. That's just not who he is and I don't think he comprehended that it was Jillian's "role" to lead them all on. Again, I understand that is what she is there to do, but it was obvious no one bothered to tell him that. There were clearly feelings, emotions and words (and maybe other things ) that were shared during their FS that he really thought was just between the two of them. I don't think he even dreamed she had those same feelings towards anyone else. And I love him for that!

I do think that if TPTB let him come back prior to the FRC when he wanted, that there could be a different ending. If they wanted a love story, that could have been one for the books!
    I just hope that this experience doesn't harden his heart and turn him into a cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3622083;
    I guess the only thing both Ed fans and Reid fans will agree is: Kip is totally classy and hot, lol
    LOL, the irony of your post showing up directly under mine. Did you see what I wrote? Too funny. Might as well come out of the closet all the way: I am the only straight red blooded female on the planet who doesn't really find Kip all that attractive. But he seems like a great guy and obviously has a nice body.

Man, part of me thinks they stole a script from an old episode of All My Children or something. The Ed/Jill/Reid triangle they keep presenting is so soapy, with one camp thinking she let the right guy get away to settle for the safe bet, and the other camp thinking she picked the right one and the other guy was just a temporary diversion. The producers must be loving it.
    Last edited by heatmiser; 07-29-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    So, you know what it means when your ears turn red...

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGirl99;3622099;
    ITA. What did you mean above when you said even put down the ring tonight? I watched bits of pieces of it but have it on my DVR and need to go back. Did he talk about the ring? I wish he could have said that he wanted to come back prior to FRC but they wouldn't let him, but there's no way TPTB would let him get a comment like that on air.
    He said that he called the producers 10 times before they took him seriously and that he bought the ring himself and admited it wasn't much of a ring.

I don't know if it's true or not. Reid doesn't seem to be a great at lying.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by wgschlenker;3622102;
    So in your opinion it was ok for ED to brag about being the only one to get a FS and basically insinuate that they "did the deed", but it's not ok for Reid to ask about the FS? For the record, I think Reid was referring to his FS with Jill in Spain (how she denied him but we KNOW she went because of screencaps). I'm sure it irritated him that he knows they went to the FS but it was perceived that they didn't. I also think that things were said in the FS that led him to believe that her feelings towards him were more than they actually were.
    I totally... I mean... I think... I might... Agree... Well...

(just doing my best Reid imitation... kidding... I heart that guy )

Actually, I REALLY cannot decide whether I think he was saying "why did you do all that with me in OUR fantasy suite?" or "so you picked the guy with E.D.? Seriously?"

The moment he said it I thought it was definitely the latter, and it actually cracked me up. No, it wasn't the classiest thing a person could've said, BUT he definitely wasn't the only one wondering. (Plus I think the way he "referenced" it without actually making her talk about it was an okay way to make the joke at Ed's expense).

Oh AND what was with her being so quiet tonight? I mean seriously - she made about 437 facial expression but I think she only said 16 actual words.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tmi13;3622077;
    ITA...IMO...that was so RUDE of Reid.

And I actually thought JILLIAN was going to lose it with him then....but she checked herself really well. (u go girl!)

My opinion is "Class Act with JILL & ED tonight!"
    I totally agree! I didn't think Reid's comment was classy at all...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3622112;
    I agree with you when it comes to Kiptyn, and I must admit that the more I watch (cringe ><) the more I can ACCEPT that Jillian and Ed belong together.
    Same here. She is a better fit for Ed and his family than she would be with either Reid's or Kip's family. I don't know if Jillian and Ed "belong" together, but I wish them the best of luck.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3622117;
    LOL, the irony of your post directly under mine. Might as well come out of the closet all the way: I am the only straight red blooded female on the planet who doesn't really find Kip all that attractive. But he seems like a great guy and obviously has a nice body.
    You're not the only one! Reid was the only guy I thought was drop dead gorgeous. Jesse, Mike (ballplayer), and Robbie were cute. Jake was handsome.

Didn't find Ed attractive at all, and Kip was just average for me. And here I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3622101;
    My summation of the ATFR is that
    1 Kip is a class act, held his emotions in as best he could and didn't cause a scene - tried to make it as easy on Jillian as possible. I'm glad his edit tonight was short and sweet, so as not to involve him in any of the drama.

2 Reid needs to grow up. He embarrassed himself and Jillian .. yet again... the comment about the fantasy suite was uncalled for, he irritates me more and more with each passing episode - he thinks too highly of himself and is actually very arrogant IMO

3 Ed and Jillian being together so much since the FRC, kinda shocked me. Hope it works for them but not expecting it to.

Glad the season is done but hope Kip is finished with the show.
    1. Yep. I mean, I know we really don't know these people at all, but everything about Kiptyn screams: Magnanimous. It's a personality trait I highly admire. If it's for real, he's something very very special & rare.

3. Me, too! (shocked that they've only been apart for 5 days) How da HECK have they swung that? I mean, while Jillian has been doing various media things since the show first aired, we can place her in various cities on more than 5 days! Crazy.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

is there anywhere I can watch ATFR now? I missed the whole thing. Please help?

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3622117;
    LOL, the irony of your post directly under mine. Might as well come out of the closet all the way: I am the only straight red blooded female on the planet who doesn't really find Kip all that attractive. But he seems like a great guy and obviously has a nice body.
    Nope - there are at least two of us. I think Kip (though not funny ) is an absolute doll. Seriously, I really believe he's a wonderful guy. But I'm not attracted to him. (too MANY abs for me.. is there something between a Kipton and an Ed? Oh wait...)
    Last edited by addison h.; 07-29-2009 at 12:58 AM.