Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

Re: Aftr??

Quote Originally Posted by abovethefray;3616330;
    Pete B, I'm with you on this! I may be grasping for something that's not there but for me lots of things don't ring true.

Anytime I have seen the alternate tapeing theory it's always shot down, saying tptb wouldn't spend the $ to do this. I don't see why not, they basically tape 24/7 throughout the show and apparently have no remorse in leaving most of it on the edit room floor.
    Why not just have a closed set then and not have any audience?

Also, if Reid was really with Jill, do you think he would have been okay with her being all PDA-y with Ed (I'm assuming they were since every couple is on these things)? Or do you think Ed would have played along with this farce if he was F2?

I just cannot imagine a scenario in which they would go to these lengths to bamboozle at most 3000 fans out of 12 million for two days.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3616345;
    Why not just have a closed set then and not have any audience?

Also, if Reid was really with Jill, do you think he would have been okay with her being all PDA-y with Ed (I'm assuming they were since every couple is on these things)? Or do you think Ed would have played along with this farce if he was F2?

I just cannot imagine a scenario in which they would go to these lengths to bamboozle at most 3000 fans out of 12 million for two days.
    The Ed scenario does seem like the most plausible. However, the Reid option is still a possibility (albeit a small one) unless some more facts from the taping come out and clearly demonstrate what happened!

All this still does not answer the basic question of why we do not have more detailed accounts from the ATFR!

This is an opinion board, and I respect each person's opinion and their right to disagree with me or the opinion of others. Just because I, or some other Fort member says something, does not mean that anyone else has to believe it or agree with me. But, I feel that I would be remiss if I did not mention that I have been posting here since 2003, and over the years I've spent a lot of time reading, observing; and when I see over and over again solid "insider" info being shared with us by certain members in a humble, consistent, and kindhearted way - I value and respect those opinions even more.
    That is why I respect cupcakes and Bloomers for sharing their opinions and their insider tidbits. While I realize we are all capable of human error, and it is possible that some info received might be misunderstood; I think Jill picking Ed as her F1 seems solid enough for me to believe it. JMO
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3614778;
    I agree. Jill has always said that she works hard, plays hard. Ed suits her best and "seems" to be head over heels for her. I can see them having a fab life in Chicago. I wish them the best!
    Jill just opened a new business, Jillian Harris Designs, in Canada. Doesn't look like she's going anywhere any time soon. That just seems strange for someone to do if they are newly engaged and wants to be with her fiance. As a retired business owner, I know you have very little time for anything other than running your business, especially a new one which you have to build up. It just makes one wonder about the longevity of this relationship and if it has already cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3616274;

I think Cupcakes and Bloomers said that Ed is F1...(I may be wrong about that -- my head is swimming with the flurry of messages this evening!) but I would LOVE for that to be the twist, and have her choose Reid in the ATFR program.
    There could still be a cliffhanger ending with Ed and Reid left at the end and at the ATFR, she chooses Ed and accepts his proposal then. CC, Bloomers and the others would still be correct in saying she is engaged to Ed. I don't think she accepts Ed's proposal at the FRC the first time. However, she has said she knew her decision a week or more before the FRC. She said "decision", not "who I was going to choose". Maybe her "decision" was to take more time to decide. But Lisa has said she knows for a fact that Jillian has not seen Reid or Kip since the FRC and she didn't know about Ed.

It doesn't seem like any way you slice this turkey, it's going to be anybody but Ed as F1.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 07-27-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3616373;
    This is an opinion board, and I respect each person's opinion and their right to disagree with me or the opinion of others. Just because I, or some other Fort member says something, does not mean that anyone else has to believe it or agree with me. But, I feel that I would be remiss if I did not mention that I have been posting here since 2003, and over the years I've spent a lot of time reading, observing; and when I see over and over again solid "insider" info being shared with us by certain members in a humble, consistent, and kindhearted way - I value and respect those opinions even more.
    That is why I respect cupcakes and Bloomers for sharing their opinions and their insider tidbits. While I realize we are all capable of human error, and it is possible that some info received might be misunderstood; I think Jill picking Ed as her F1 seems solid enough for me to believe it. JMO

Not meaning to disrespect anyone, I agree Cupcakes, Bloomers, sdl, and others are definitely in high regard; just posing a theory that possibly tptb pulled a fast one that fooled even the contacts that may have supplied the info to them. Not a great possibility I know, but yet I would not be surprised at anything this show might do.

As for questioning going to this extreme just to mislead the few FORTERs here on the board, that might be underestimating the trickle down effect this board has on the viewership of TB.

Anyway, want to be clear, not wanting to diminish contributions from others: just throwing out some alternate theories to help pass the time until airing of show.

I understand how the audience at the ATFR could have been shown a different ending but didn't the supersluethers on here make it quite clear that Jillian and Ed were both present, happy, and engaged? Can anyone answer this I am waaaay behind

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3616534;
    I understand how the audience at the ATFR could have been shown a different ending but didn't the supersluethers on here make it quite clear that Jillian and Ed were both present, happy, and engaged? Can anyone answer this I am waaaay behind
    That is what Cupcakes said that they are engaged and happy and that they were both present.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal;3616537;
    That is what Cupcakes said that they are engaged and happy and that they were both present.
    Thank you for answering that...

So based on that info how do we explain a Reid finish??

Did the people in the audience really see Ed and Jillian happy/engaged on the couch talking to Chris?

Were they acting and Reid was sitting backstage watching his gf/finace make out with another man pretending to be engaged to him?

I am very confused by all of this.... I know some are arguing that the audience was tricked with the FRC ending ... but how could ABC trick there own eyes when it came to Jillian and Ed sitting in front of Chris professing their love for one another? This is the part I can't seem to get past.

I believe Ed is the chosen one for Jillian. I have been for Reid since day 1 but hav resigned myself to him being let go.
    I hate to admit it, but I think Ed is the one for Jill.