Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

ms_kreddy

Re: Aftr??

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3621013;
    Not sure where to put this, this place has been down for me last night and all day today and most of the threads are locked so this is as good as anywhere.

Carol, Jillian's best friend, was on a local Vancouver radio station this morning. They called her up to ask her how real the whole show is, they had been dissing it and the cheese factor, lol. She said it is real, that Jillian is very happy. She is in LA right now but is heading to NY and Vegas to do "press" and then she is moving to Chicago to live with Ed. The DJ's were pretty stunned, lol, she said Jillian is ready to make a go of it. She said that she knew that she would pick Ed because that is the type of guy Jillian likes, she's usually not into the fit guys, she likes guys that are tall, lanky and semi-unfit.

So I guess Jillian went for her "type"...she didn't throw out her list afterall...
    Thank for sharing! I got closure yesterday on the finale when I saw how much Jill is into Ed, despite my heartbreak for sweet Reid. I had heard that her bff picked Ed for her in one of the early episodes of the series but was leaning towards Reid a few episodes later.

I'm stunned at Jillian's lack of growth that her friend could pick out Jillian's chosen one just by physical type alone. I would have thought after being in 1 love reality show and starring in another, she would have done some more introspection on what she needs from partner. She sounded like she had given it some thought but to me it looks like she reverted to type.

I hope the Ed breaks the mould of her previous "types" and makes her happy. I really do wish her the best but ...

I also heard that both Jill and Ed lost their jobs. Anyone heard this?

I can't wait to see Jillian and Reid on the stage together at the ATFR tonight. Would it be wrong that I so (un-realistically) want an audience member to raise her hand and ask Jillian and Reid to put their foreheads together? =)

That seemed to be their "thing" this season, and I found it to be so poignant!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3621115;
    I can't wait to see Jillian and Reid on the stage together at the ATFR tonight. Would it be wrong that I so (un-realistically) want an audience member to raise her hand and ask Jillian and Reid to put their foreheads together? =)

That seemed to be their "thing" this season, and I found it to be so poignant!
    Oh, i would love that too. I melt every time they do that.Last night I was dying inside watching that. it is a J/R thing for sure. and Ed cannot steal it like he did the piggyback....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3621114;
    I know Ed was working as of a few days ago so I don't think he lost his job. I believe Jill lost hers when she became bachelorette. I guess it was too mich time off between Jason's season and her own.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3620719;
    I'm confused. Jillian cusses and people say she's classless. Ed wears his mankini and people have a field day. Reid, who is the fan favorite shows up disheveled and cusses while talking bad about Ed, but people say he's adorable and is just being honest. Seems like a bit of a double standard.
    I completely agree. For the record, I liked all three individuals (Jillian, Ed, & Reid). I didn't see anything "crass" about any of their behaviors. The reaction to the infamous "Ed farting session" is completely over-the-top, IMHO. I wasn't offended, didn't form judgement, and realize what may be one person's sense of humor may not be another's. I don't have a problem with Jillian cursing - I found it to be funny - nor did I have an issue with Reid's assumed (bleeped) cursing in the limo. Mountains have been made out of molehills.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3621114;

even if this is true....they will have a nice little cushion or nest eggs just from the private appearances. If jill moves to Chicago...maybe she could get a guest host spot on Oprah....."Designing with Jill"....then she could spin it off into her own series just like Dr.Phil did....hey...it could happen?...it happened for Travis Stork.....once of the worst bachelors in history IMHO....

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3621119;
    I know Ed was working as of a few days ago so I don't think he lost his job. I believe Jill lost hers when she became bachelorette. I guess it was too mich time off between Jason's season and her own.
    I heard Jillian say she left her job to do the show but can still do contract work for the same company.

FORT Fogey

Chris H. tweeted Chris ratings were so good they are replaying the finale tonight before the ATFR.

I posted the link to the article in the Monroe paper somewhere this morning that Ed's father says he still has his job (it's the article where he says he knew about the engagement in May.)

BTW, these spoiler threads are closing fast. The non-spoiler threads have a "last thoughts" thread and a Jillian media thread where we can post developing news stuff and a thread for most of the guys.

FORT Fogey

I don't think they will be doing tons of publicity with Ed's job. I think they are doing GMA and Regis & Kelly tomorrow. I would guess they'll be on The View as well because it's an ABC show. Maybe Ellen also because she's a big fan of the show too.

I don't think Jill will get a gig on Oprah but maybe someone from HGTV will pick her up.