Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

Re: Aftr??

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3620641;
    It is my opinion that Jillian did not have the folks who faithfully follow the message boards in mind when she talked about the last 5 minutes/the brilliant ending. I suspect that she was thinking of the people in tv land who watch from week to week without the benefit of any sleuthing or spoilers.
    Those folks most likely were quite taken back when the heretofore indecisive, lovable, bumbling but neat Reid who is now oddly, sloppily dressed and appearing quite out of place in this formal setting very decisively strides right up to a perplexed Jillian and states his case in no uncertain terms. It is most definitely a "Sit up, scratch your head, and say, 'What's with this?' moment."
    Also, keep in mind that Jillian had not seen the edited version; therefore, she really did not have an accurate idea of the time involved. Therefore, what actually took probably 15 minutes, she mistook for 5 minutes.

To someone who is impartial, it was sad to see Reid as the proverbly " too little and too late", but he was magnificent in his part. I have thought Reid was cute and witty; however, last night I was completely impressed with Reid's superb performance. Bravo, Reid.

He is "the right guy", but he is not the right guy for her. The edit clearly showed that.

We all know that this show now throws its leads under the bus along with the contenders; however, at this point I am believing that Reid could well carry this show if he chose to do it.
    Long time lurker here...... great post!!! ITA!!! I tried very hard not to pick a favorite this season but I do like the way Reid seemed to always keep it real. I think he would do ok doing the show himself but would really rather he didn't. I don't think the show is as much scripted as it is exploited. Folks say things and the producers just run with it. I mean isn't it pretty normal to wish you had done something different when a relationship is ends. IMO the edited Jillian lead Reid to believe that he had a chance if he had only done the ILY thing. I am sad he got turned down again but glad he won't have to wonder "what if?".

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3620634;
    I agree that they look happy and seemed pretty happy and excited last night. However, I watched the entire show, even though I was tempted to skip the Ed dates, and as much as I tried, I could not warm up to that guy. It just seemed like he tried to say what everyone wanted to hear. Perhaps its just his personality, but I don't get it.

I really believe that Jillian may have gotten caught up in the romance of it all, and Ed, from what we think we know about him, may have been caught up in the competition - it appears that he thinks he loves her, so I hope he really does. Supposedly they are even happier now, but for weeks they have been "sneaking around" which I imagine can be quite exciting. Hope it works out for them once they get into the real world and Jillian sees Ed in his element.

I loved Reid's attitude throughout this entire show. He was the most real and had the most common sense attitude out of anyone I have ever seen on this show. Did I read somewhere that he tried for days to see Jillian but the producers made him wait? That is Fleiss manipulation at its worst.
    I have been wondering, too, whether there was this kind of manipulation to protect the Jill-Ed union and the franchise. Or was it simply to time Reid's return for maximum drama? I wonder if the parties involved ever find out how each of them were manipulated and ever wonder how things would have turned out if nature took its course. I'd be curious to hear from others who know the back story of what really went on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3620665;
    Jill hung out with her beau last night. So the ATFRC is just the last chapter of the season of farce, an extension of hype from the finale. She and Ed will probably be crawling over each other on stage. Kip and Reid will ask the same questions previous bach have asked. She will give some I'm sorry responses or point a finger at Reid and Kip for not meeting her expectations.

Bottom line after tonight, PTB will heave a big sigh of relief that the leaks about Ed and his antics in Chicago didn't hurt their show this season. Eventually it will all come out, Jillian is going to return the ring to Neil Lane and go back to Canada. Reid may become the next bachelor, Kip will devote time to his charities and Ed - well who really cares it will probably be the same old stuff?
    *****I so totally agree with this*******

Although I hope Reid nor Kip do the show.
    Last edited by enterpriselady; 07-28-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: to add additional line

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xtina816;3620457;
    is ATFR on tonight at 8?!
    Thanks for asking this!
    I thought it was going to be on at the same time that TB has been on all season--but it looks like from the network schedule that it is going to be on in the LAST hour of primetime--and not the first hour.

Can anyone confirm this?

Why did they change it?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dmlee90;3620650;
    ITA. I was wondering what the "twist" was supposed to have been in the last 5 minutes of the show.

I felt so sad for Reid. But, I'm glad that he did come back to tell Jilly ILY, even though he had to get his heart broken again. If he didn't come back, he would always wonder "what if?". It looked like Jilly was putting out her hand, wanting to accept the ring. I wish she would have. Reid & Jilly would have made a beautiful couple.
    He had to come back . . . so we could watch him and smile!

I really think reid's personality was the personality jillian of jason's season -- the 'keep it real' happy-go-lucky, funny, quirky individualistic and articulate person who would not open up soon enough but when they did it was already too late (sure he didn't get the best friend edit but that's because that wouldn't work since that IS what the lead was looking for...)

bloomers with all due respect i don't buy that whole 'brilliant' 'last 5 minutes' marketing pitch fitting with what happened. the rejection of a 'too little, too late' suitor and going with what we already know will happen is not 'brilliant' they could have used other words but 'brilliant' is not the word I would use...i think they were planning to do a cliffhanger then retreated from that idea at the last minute...also there was a much more extended timeframe where jill cried and worried on the couch with CH..."u have to wait till the end becuase you don't know if I pick someone"

how about the vo by ed "i know this would hurt her and wish i don't have to do this but I have to" they totally uses a bunch of vo's from places we will never see to deceive us
    Last edited by emusha; 07-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.

FORT Fan

I hope that we will eventually find out what Jillian did to TPTB that was so horrific that they threw HER under the bus as well as Ed....their edit of Jillian has, especially lately, been so crass and classless. Why would they include her f-bomb expression at the FRC in such a potentially lovely, romantic and heart-warming setting??

I certainly understand why their edit of Ed has been so erratic...but their leading lady???

I'm sure that the reviews of Reid's visit are mixed, but he certainly was playing a wonderful producer-generated role for encouraging sympathy for his role as the next Bachelor. I hope it pays off for him, either as finding true love or creating more press so he can have his own show on HGTV!! More power to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3620688;
    Thanks for asking this!
    I thought it was going to be on at the same time that TB has been on all season--but it looks like from the network schedule that it is going to be on in the LAST hour of primetime--and not the first hour.

Can anyone confirm this?

Why did they change it?
    I thought they were always on at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3620648;
    Reid was simply stating the truth as he saw it...he is a total class act IMO, and that means trying to keep it real in completely unreal 'world' that is the Bachelorette...

eta: Bloomers...Love your post...well said!
    I loved the way Reid strode towards Jill like a man on a mission and stated his case without a stutter. He was so honest and straight forward.

I thought Jill had a Jasonesque and DeAnnaesque moment last night. Her not being sure and how much she cared about Reid, the connection, etc, and Reid proposing, yet that really didn't look bad. The only thing is, she was smiling at him while he was proposing, now that reminded me of Dee.

After Reid's so real performance last night, I have no doubt he could carry the show as The Bachelor. We now know he can make a decision and tell a woman his feelings. I mean, when he makes a decision, he has no trouble in stating his case as we saw. Until last night, I thought TPTB would be hesitant in choosing him to be TB because he couldn't express his feelings. He's just a guy who has to be sure of his feelings before stating them. That's honorable.

FORT Fogey

Atem--I'm a west coaster with antenna tv so for me TB is on in the first hour of primetime--except for tonight.

I'm glad I checked though because I don't want to miss The Superstars.