Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose

Re: Aftr??

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3620641;
    It is my opinion that Jillian did not have the folks who faithfully follow the message boards in mind when she talked about the last 5 minutes/the brilliant ending. I suspect that she was thinking of the people in tv land who watch from week to week without the benefit of any sleuthing or spoilers.
    Those folks most likely were quite taken back when the heretofore indecisive, lovable, bumbling but neat Reid who is now oddly, sloppily dressed and appearing quite out of place in this formal setting very decisively strides right up to a perplexed Jillian and states his case in no uncertain terms. It is most definitely a "Sit up, scratch your head, and say, 'What's with this?' moment."
    Also, keep in mind that Jillian had not seen the edited version; therefore, she really did not have an accurate idea of the time involved. Therefore, what actually took probably 15 minutes, she mistook for 5 minutes.

To someone who is impartial, it was sad to see Reid as the proverbly " too little and too late", but he was magnificent in his part. I have thought Reid was cute and witty; however, last night I was completely impressed with Reid's superb performance. Bravo, Reid.

He is "the right guy", but he is not the right guy for her. The edit clearly showed that.

We all know that this show now throws its leads under the bus along with the contenders; however, at this point I am believing that Reid could well carry this show if he chose to do it.
    ITA. I was wondering what the "twist" was supposed to have been in the last 5 minutes of the show.

I felt so sad for Reid. But, I'm glad that he did come back to tell Jilly ILY, even though he had to get his heart broken again. If he didn't come back, he would always wonder "what if?". It looked like Jilly was putting out her hand, wanting to accept the ring. I wish she would have. Reid & Jilly would have made a beautiful couple.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3620630;
    I don't know about that.

During the Rose Cermony, Ed appeared humble. In the limo, Kip proved himself the true gentleman.

In contrast to the two, Ried exposed arrogant contempt and certainly not the behavior I expect to come from somone "cultured."
    I didn't like how Reid acted last night either. I thought he was very childish in how he expected Jillian to react to his return. I think he really thought that all he had to say was "I love you this much" and she'd swoon. She had to remind him what was going on - that she was waiting for her F1 - when she said that she needed to think, he said "what's there to think about"... are you kidding me?? he thought an I love you was going to make it all better? he really put Jillian on the spot, and whether the timing was producer inspired or not, he was party to it. Like I said last night, it's like objecting at a wedding, don't be surprised if you get humiliated publicly.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen523;3620636;
    QUESTION - does anyone know why the Bachette is airing @ 8 p.m. tonight? Are they replaying the finale or is there more? The AFTFR is at 10? Any answers?
    Not according to TV.guide online. Still has The Superstars and Better Off Ted before the ATFR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3615596;
    But the sleuthers have reported that Jill was wearing a white dress and silvery heels. And both Reid and Kip were there. Meaning they were all on stage together and I'm assuming Jill was all over Ed and announced they're together. There's no way for it to play out any other way unless they decided to refilm the ATFR and do a fake one first- something they wouldn't do. It wouldn't make any sense to waste money and time and pretend she's with Ed when they could have just done a close ATFR.
    Jill hung out with her beau last night. So the ATFRC is just the last chapter of the season of farce, an extension of hype from the finale. She and Ed will probably be crawling over each other on stage. Kip and Reid will ask the same questions previous bach have asked. She will give some I'm sorry responses or point a finger at Reid and Kip for not meeting her expectations.

Bottom line after tonight, PTB will heave a big sigh of relief that the leaks about Ed and his antics in Chicago didn't hurt their show this season. Eventually it will all come out, Jillian is going to return the ring to Neil Lane and go back to Canada. Reid may become the next bachelor, Kip will devote time to his charities and Ed - well who really cares it will probably be the same old stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3620641;
    It is my opinion that Jillian did not have the folks who faithfully follow the message boards in mind when she talked about the last 5 minutes/the brilliant ending. I suspect that she was thinking of the people in tv land who watch from week to week without the benefit of any sleuthing or spoilers.
    Those folks most likely were quite taken back when the heretofore indecisive, lovable, bumbling but neat Reid who is now oddly, sloppily dressed and appearing quite out of place in this formal setting very decisively strides right up to a perplexed Jillian and states his case in no uncertain terms. It is most definitely a "Sit up, scratch your head, and say, 'What's with this?' moment."
    Also, keep in mind that Jillian had not seen the edited version; therefore, she really did not have an accurate idea of the time involved. Therefore, what actually took probably 15 minutes, she mistook for 5 minutes.

To someone who is impartial, it was sad to see Reid as the proverbly " too little and too late", but he was magnificent in his part. I have thought Reid was cute and witty; however, last night I was completely impressed with Reid's superb performance. Bravo, Reid.

He is "the right guy", but he is not the right guy for her. The edit clearly showed that.

We all know that this show now throws its leads under the bus along with the contenders; however, at this point I am believing that Reid could well carry this show if he chose to do it.
    It would be interesting how he would handle the show for sure.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=Bloomers;3620641;]Those folks most likely were quite taken back when the heretofore indecisive, lovable, bumbling but neat Reid who is now oddly, sloppily dressed and appearing quite out of place in this formal setting very decisively strides right up to a perplexed Jillian and states his case in no uncertain terms.

I thought his disheveled look was adorable since it seemd like maybe his luggage hadn't made it back to the island and TP tried to put all of the bits and pieces they could throw together on him to form some semblence of a suit.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3620665;
    Jill hung out with her beau last night. So the ATFRC is just the last chapter of the season of farce, an extension of hype from the finale. She and Ed will probably be crawling over each other on stage. Kip and Reid will ask the same questions previous bach have asked. She will give some I'm sorry responses or point a finger at Reid and Kip for not meeting her expectations.

Bottom line after tonight, PTB will heave a big sigh of relief that the leaks about Ed and his antics in Chicago didn't hurt their show this season. Eventually it will all come out, Jillian is going to return the ring to Neil Lane and go back to Canada. Reid may become the next bachelor, Kip will devote time to his charities and Ed - well who really cares it will probably be the same old stuff?
    Well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3620665;

you summed it up in a nutshell!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3620664;
    Not according to TV.guide online. Still has The Superstars and Better Off Ted before the ATFR.
    Direct TV schedule lists 7-9pm MST - replay of Finale - and 9-10pm MST - ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3620673;
    Direct TV schedule lists 7-9pm MST - replay of Finale - and 9-10pm MST - ATFR
    I think that's an error.