Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1006

Thread: After the Final Rose

FORT Fan

Re: After the Final Rose

Wow, ATFR proved again that Jill really passed up on two incredible men. Kiptyn - what a sweetheart, such a positive person, even in the midst of rejection. He deserves so much more and no doubt, will find it.

Oh, Reid, I felt the pain, I feel as a viewer so misled by Jillian (and equally by producers) and cannot even fathom the extent of his heartbreak. He trusted her, told her exactly what she begged him for and after she said she was falling in love with him, ends up in love with Ed? I still don't get it. To me, the Reid-Jillian connection was beyond obvious even within the scripted confines of this entire ridiculous production, though in the end, her decisionmaking leads me to believe that there is so much more depth to Reid than to Jillian. I was so disappointed, and it was evident that she still has very strong feelings to this day for him. Not a smart move for her to accept a proposal from one man while still feeling love for another. She should have stopped to wait and see where her feelings truly lie, but this isn't real life, so this TV scenario begs for the other option of a rushed engagement. Her poor judgment in terms of her choice, IMO, will come back to haunt her. The difference between Reid and Ed is night vs. day, Reid, a true gentleman and the other, well, Ed's own comment on being the only one to get the Fantasy suite date in Spain really does succinctly summarize his character.

As it appears that ABC is trying to prep Reid for the Bachelor, I sincerely hope he carefully considers what all of the possible ramifications are associated with that particular commitment. He deserves to fall in love on his own terms, in real life, not rushed tv time and will make some lucky woman very happy some day, though, no doubt if he accepts, would help TPTB get the ratings (gotta love the 'popular' observation from CH when Reid first appeared on ATFR) which in this business is what it's all about no matter whose heart(s) get stomped on in the process.

HA! I just registered on HGTV.com to post on their boards that Reid needs his own RE show! That would definitely be better than getting dragged through the mud as the next bachelor--although I wouldn't mind seeing his mug on my TV every Monday night!

Quote Originally Posted by cbgj222;3622506;
    Reid did what he did because he was led to believe those things either by Jillian or the producers. He seems like a smart guy and I'm sure what he said during his interview at ATFR was well thought out. He basically got played by Jill and/or Fleiss and who wouldn't want or need to redeem themselves in front of millions of viewers.
    TOtally agree with you on this statement!!! I actually went back and edited my post that you are referring to to add this disclaimer.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Please don't fry me for this post... I really liked Reid season. But I honestly don't think he is the man for Jill. I think JIll and Ed and matched well. Reid is going to find a really awesome woman someday when he is ready and gets over all the nonsense Fless and TPTB put him through and he will be just fine. How can a guy like him NOT find his own happily ever after??? I am just commenting on what I saw tonight on ATFR and in a way what he did on The FRC. It's just MO and just how I saw him tongiht. I feel like I should put up a disclaimer so that everyone knows I am just commenting on what I saw and NOT wanting to debate about it
    If you can see in my larger bolded parts I am in full agreement that FLeiss and TPTB took advantage of Reid and his feelings and ripped this good man to the bone for drama and ratings. I get what why Reid probably thought the way he did a the FRC. IN my eyes I guess TONIGHT on ATFR I saw a different Reid that I wasn't fond of. But Like I said... everyone has their moments and are allowed to have them.

but I will stay true to my disclaimer and not try to debate my post!

well actually I didn;t, I was agreeing with you,so I did stay true to it.

anyway like I said, just the way I saw him, I still think he's adorable and if I was a lot younger,didn't have 2 kids, a husband I was absolutely nutso about and PHilly - I would try my darndest to accidently BUMP Into that boy, either that or if he was the Bachelor, apply!!!! I'll leave it at that.

FORT Fogey

If Reid does TB I hope he negotiates a HUGE contract. For the crap Fleiss puts them through the stars of show deserve it. I think if he wants the gig it will be his but I do think he should give it some additional thought. I agree he'll find how own happily ever after and he won't need the show to do it. He'll have women lining up to date him. Ditto Kip.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3622320;
    bachaddict624, the pics are up in the Media thread.

As for the comment that Ed said about them not spending more than 5 or 6 days apart...I think he meant that throughout the 2 months apart they did not go without spending more than 5 or 6 days apart. So the most time they spent without seeing each other was 5 or 6 days. There is no way they spent 55 days together since filming ended. JMOI didn't think either seemed very serious about marriage. All Jillian kept talking aobut was having fun. Also Ed said that she was coming to Chicago to live with him "for awhile" and she said she is packing her bags and going to Chicago to see how things go and have fun with it...hmmm.

Reid is still clearly hurt and a little confused and just because he looks or seems happy in pics doesn't mean he is. I was expecting to see him feeling a little hurt but it actually shocked me how emotional he still is.

ETA - ring debate - Ed's is ugly, Kiptyn's was better, Reid's is sweet like him...my personal fave was the squarish diamond ring with the thin diamond band. That one was lovely.
    I beleive Jillian said they have been living together , he said they had only been apart 5-6 days

the only ugly thing I saw on the show was Reids Bitter,immature,attitude,combi ned with his slam against Kip and Ed that he had no competition,(frc) and that he thought it was a slam dunk she would take him back. he showed many people his true colors tonight.

Anyone else feel that on ATFR that TPTB were completely setting up REID not KIP as the heartbroken, rip your heart out of your chest, tear jerker F2 interview???? I mean It was like , Hi-BYe Kip glad to see you are so non affected by this, see you later -
    And then there is Reid..... who gets the story that everyone gets emotionally invested in and could lead up to being the next Bachelor (or at least that is what FLEISS was sitting back drooling on his desk about during the whole time Reid was out there)

I truly hope he doesn't do it, they messed with him and his emotions too much for his lifetime already. He needs to cut his ties and go home to Phill where he will for sure find a woman that will love him
    / this much/ forvever!!!

People have joked about this or alluded to this but is there a clause in the contract that if you pick someone in the end you have to appear to stay together for a certain length of time or you get paid more if you stretch it out for a certain period of time? How long are they obligated to do PR? How long did Matt and his pick last, it seemed to me like it was a minute.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3622320;
    bachaddict624, the pics are up in the Media thread.

As for the comment that Ed said about them not spending more than 5 or 6 days apart...I think he meant that throughout the 2 months apart they did not go without spending more than 5 or 6 days apart. So the most time they spent without seeing each other was 5 or 6 days. There is no way they spent 55 days together since filming ended. JMO

I didn't think either seemed very serious about marriage. All Jillian kept talking aobut was having fun. Also Ed said that she was coming to Chicago to live with him "for awhile" and she said she is packing her bags and going to Chicago to see how things go and have fun with it...hmmm.

Reid is still clearly hurt and a little confused and just because he looks or seems happy in pics doesn't mean he is. I was expecting to see him feeling a little hurt but it actually shocked me how emotional he still is.

ETA - ring debate - Ed's is ugly, Kiptyn's was better, Reid's is sweet like him...my personal fave was the squarish diamond ring with the thin diamond band. That one was lovely.
    I agree. He needs a shoulder to cry on, time to process his emotions, and patience to heal his heart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3622531;
    People have joked about this or alluded to this but is there a clause in the contract that if you pick someone in the end you have to appear to stay together for a certain length of time or you get paid more if you stretch it out for a certain period of time? How long are they obligated to do PR? How long did Matt and his pick last, it seemed to me like it was a minute.
    I think they were over when they actually taped ATR but didn't announce it until a month or two later. Back in the day like when Travis was bachelor they broke up after show filmed and they never did the fake ATR. I think all contestants have contracts with the show for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3622526;
    I beleive Jillian said they have been living together , he said they had only been apart 5-6 days

the only ugly thing I saw on the show was Reids Bitter,immature,attitude,combi ned with his slam against Kip and Ed that he had no competition,(frc) and that he thought it was a slam dunk she would take him back. he showed many people his true colors tonight.
    I am glad I am not the only one who saw that side of Reid tonight, my friends and I thought maybe we hallucinated the whole thing!
    While I agree with you on REid's attitude on tonight's show tonight, and I posted as such already (maybe not in such as strong words as you, but certainly I do not disagree with you). I have to disagree a bit with you on the bolded part of your post. I don't think that this is how Reid is truly as a person.

I think he was hurt and frustrated and yet maybe this is how he has been in love relationships and that is why he has not found anyone yet. Just my and a few other friend's of mine theory tonight after watching the show.

I think he just needs to find the RIGHT woman and BAM, that immature sort of attitude on how he approached "love" tonight will totally melt away. And along with the wonderful Reid we got to see on the show, his luck I love and the way he IS with the "ONE" will be Mature and perfect. Reid will have his perfect moment just like he deserves.