Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3583279;
    Your avatar is hilarious.
    Thanks. I stole it from the media thread. Reid's brother has put it up on his FB as his profile pic!

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583283;
    Don't forget how he laughed when Wes said "if it's me (going home), just know that I'll be having a lot of sex" (paraphrase), while Reid looked utterly disgusted and Kip looked displeased. Do I need to post the picture of that? It tells a thousand words.
    I was trying to forget that... haha!
    I think that to me is on the same lines as "attack her"...
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583087;
    I don't really get it myself. So Reid should have promised her things he didn't think he could deliver in a bid to get a rose? Don't you think it's tacky to tell a woman you love her for the first time in a video message? Oh wait...
    Maybe it's something Ed just says very easily to women.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583286;
    Thanks. I stole it from the media thread. Reid's brother has put it up on his FB as his profile pick!!!
    I can't make out the speech bubble on my computer screen. What does it say?
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3582906;
    We have to hand it to the producers because their good vs evil plot is playing out nicely.

We've seen it first between Jake vs Wes, and now we see how its playing out between Reid (the good one) vs Ed (the creep one). Without these polarities how unexciting this season would be. If there are no love connections that happened as sdl reported this is a good alternative. They surely got us invested and emotionally involved.

My problem is I truly see Jillian as a passionate individual and probably really be suited with someone like Ed who might be portrayed as this sinister character who cannot even rise to the occasion, but someone who is decisive and can wear the pants in a relationship. Reid may be all roses and teadybears, and he is a hit among the female audience because he is funny and witty. But for Jillian irl? I don't know, I don't even know what Reid's passiona is, Ed is passionate about his career (or his harem if you believe the rumors) Kip has surfing, nature and working on his 12 pack. What is Reid's passion? What is he about as a person? He is at a crossroad of his life, went back to live with his parents and probably wanted a new career. Do you guys really think he is ready to get engaged?

I believe Jillian didn't want a premature proposal from Reid. Just something solid to stand on, where Reid can take her hand to a direction they can both agree on. But what she got was a reticent "whatever works for you, works for me too" or "I like you this big". They are both 30 years old, surely Reid could have given her a more solid assurance in adult terms.
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but I have to disagree with you here before I continue catching up. Kip and Reid are both passionate in their families, jobs, charities, and about their own reputation. To state that Kip is passionate about working on his abs, is totally unfair especially to a guy that does so very much for charities, an act of kindness that I give a high regard to. He has every right to concentrate on his abs if he feels like it. Reid has a loving family, and a great professional career. He is a well mannered rounded guy. Lets give credit where credit is due.

As for Ed, wearing the pants in the relationship, I think Jillian can wear the pants whether she is in a relationship or not. She doesn't need anyone to wear the pants.

These are just my opinions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3583264;
    Im glad that someone finally brought that up as I keep forgetting to comment!
    It seemed like Ed hesitated in the middle of his sentence when he said "everything I have said up to this point has been......genuine." I have to go back and look but I thought he was about to say "the truth" but then realized that he would be lying, so instead said the word "genuine." I will have to go back and listen but that's what I remember.

I do believe he may have feelings for Jillian but I do not trust him nor his feelings as I really don't believe he has been honest through all of this. I think he may be caught up in the competition of it all.
    Let me know what you think if you re-watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583292;
    "No need Reid"

no need Reid!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583289;
    Maybe it's something Ed just says very easily to women.
    I really think that's obvious. I have no reason to hate Ed and if he was genuine and truly loved her, I'd be all for it but he does not care about her at all. Telling her he loves her via the msg? Falling asleep with her naked and straddling him or whatever? Even if it wasn't ED, whatever went down in that room made her cry. He's just, I don't know, not a real boy. He's like playing a role or something, I can't even describe it but it's creepylicious.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Reid's t-shirt has Santa holding a bag and the text on the bag says "Always wrap it up." And the bubble above Ed says "No need Reid."