Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

  1. #951
    FORT Fogey ducky2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3583216;
    When Ed went to the Rejection Debriefing Bench last week to chat up Jillian after Reid was gone, he said something that I've been wondering about since. He said something about trusting him that everything he had said up to that point was a genuine reflection of his feelings for her and said something like "If you can just believe that...."

    Does anyone remember that scene, and if so, did anyone get an "I'm about to confess something..." vibe from that? I really thought he had something on his mind and was considering spilling it right then and there.
    Im glad that someone finally brought that up as I keep forgetting to comment!
    It seemed like Ed hesitated in the middle of his sentence when he said "everything I have said up to this point has been......genuine." I have to go back and look but I thought he was about to say "the truth" but then realized that he would be lying, so instead said the word "genuine." I will have to go back and listen but that's what I remember.

    I do believe he may have feelings for Jillian but I do not trust him nor his feelings as I really don't believe he has been honest through all of this. I think he may be caught up in the competition of it all.

  2. #952
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,970

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3583221;
    Exactly. He said i love you and will propose like a robot. Finally gets face to face is trying to reassure of his functioning parts and makes it clear he's attached to her. Wow Ed, way to make the this lady sitting at home swoon.
    I find Ed's choice of words when expressing himself to Jillian rather odd. He says he is attached to her (maybe he is using lingo from work, like attaching a file). Then he thanks her for "taking a bet with him". Is that his way of saying you don't know what you are going to get if you pick me? Where is the BL expert when we need further analysis? Do we have more analysis from that expert in Canada since the first one by any chance?

    Don't people usually tell someone "ILU" first before they propose? The person receiving the proposal can then make an informed decision. That video message lacked emotion and there wasn't even a smidgen of a smile when he told her he was ready to propose before he tagged on ILU. Jillian's reaction said it all. For goodness sakes, the man is declaring his love, so where was the joy on his face when he said it. It's not like he is incapable of smiling? He did that plenty with the guys in the house. Sorry, but that was the dullest declaration of love I have ever seen even in a movie. JMO!

  3. #953
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3583240;
    Wow, Alanna. Got a strong opinion on all this??? I'm just playin' with ya.

    Just want to say that the way you're describing the alpha-male type is coming across to me more like the Dave or Wes "characters" this season. Yeah, I know Ed went on about Jillian being hott in the last ep., but other than that, TV-Ed doesn't come across like that to me. If Ed had said it a couple times less, I wouldn't have minded it at all -- I sure HOPE he finds her attractive, but going on and on was just TMI to me. Personally, I don't even perceive Ed as an alpha-male in the least! And in a way, I see Kiptyn as more of an alpha-male b/c he's a natural leader -- as in, people naturally gravitate to him and admire him by their own choice rather than he demanding to be followed. But the way you're describing alpha-males is conjuring up images of a dude who almost literally beats his chest -- the kind of guy who literally elbows another guy out of his way to show how large and in charge he is. To me, there are good alpha-males and bad alpha-males, and you seem to only be describing the bad kind? Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, though.

    I dunno...it's a pretty big generalization to say alpha-males are womanizers. I know what you're getting at and I understand what you're trying to say, but I know lots of alpha-males who aren't (a la TV-Kip), and lots of "weenies" who are. I mean, if the Ed rumors are true, I sorta see Ed as the guy who appears to "have no game" and that IS his game -- he seems so incapable of being "too smooth" that girls can't imagine getting played by him (and thus, that's how they DO get played by them -- hellooooo, been there, done that ).

    I also think you're being just a wee bit tough on Jillian. I feel your frustration at the seeming about-face in our Independent Jillian. I feel ya, for sure! I wanna smack her upside the head sometimes, too. But I think even truly independent women want to have a place in their lives where they don't have to take care of everything, and wear a brave face although they're fully capable of it. In a way, I think the Kiptyn rope-course date illustrated that perfectly: Kiptyn showed her that she wouldn't always have to be Super-Jilly -- if she has a weak moment, he can and will pick up the slack and/or help her find her strength again. Sometimes strong, independent women really don't want someone to coddle & care for them every single minute, but they want to know it will be there if/when they want/need it. I think that's what Jillian has been trying to find out??? I don't fault Jillian for wanting to be sure she finds that (even if I fault her methods at times ).
    Haha well I'm never one to lack opinions, right?

    Maybe there are good or bad dominant guys, but from my own personal experience only, it does seem to me that if a man is very in charge, likes to be in control, he also likes to be successful with the ladies and rarely settles for one woman. And that's how I see Ed. He has snarled at Robby and called him a kid and who knows if he's put the other guys down too. Also, I think we've seen him indulge in telling Jilly what to do- telling her he better get that rose, convincing her to do the FS in Spain, and even physically, he is much, much more aggressive with her than either Reid or Kiptyn. So yeah, I kinda do see him as a caveman. Sorry! But it's the truth.

    As for Jill, there's nothing wrong about wanting to be coddled by your partner once in awhile but this seems to be Jill's number one priority right now. She's swung from being totally independent, doesn't need a man for anything but a plaything essentially to will he love me, take care of me forever, protect me, propose tomorrow?!!? It's just like, where did the normal, even keeled Jilly Bean go? She was my favorite!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #954
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Although, Jill's best friend picked Ed for Jillian. This was after the first or second episode had aired. I think that goes along with what a lot of the folks on this board are saying-- that Ed was that big, strong, hunky guy that Jillian always wanted, or in the opinion of some of us, thought she wanted.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  5. #955
    FORT Fanatic TxMav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    I think a big part of why Jillian let Reid go at F3 was because of what happened to her. She was afraid he could not open up to her the way she could not open up to Jason. She said herself after she was cut that it was not love she was feeling. She let Reid go to protect him and her. Now can he convince her that what they had was real and can last??? Guess we will see!

  6. #956
    REIDiculous sallys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    817

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3583268;
    I find Ed's choice of words when expressing himself to Jillian rather odd. He says he is attached to her (maybe he is using lingo from work, like attaching a file). Then he thanks her for "taking a bet with him". Is that his way of saying you don't know what you are going to get if you pick me? Where is the BL expert when we need further analysis? Do we have more analysis from that expert in Canada since the first one by any chance?

    Don't people usually tell someone "ILU" first before they propose? The person receiving the proposal can then make an informed decision. That video message lacked emotion and there wasn't even a smidgen of a smile when he told her he was ready to propose before he tagged on ILU. Jillian's reaction said it all. For goodness sakes, the man is declaring his love, so where was the joy on his face when he said it. It's not like he is incapable of smiling? He did that plenty with the guys in the house. Sorry, but that was the dullest declaration of love I have ever seen even in a movie. JMO!
    I don't like the "taking a bet with me" phrase... maybe "taking a chance with me" would have been more suitable? just a lot of the phrases we hear with Ed such as the many "blazing hot"-s or "smoking hot"-s... or (my personal favorite) "attack her"

    It was definitely dull when he said "I love you"... I don't know, just something about him I'm not buying. Sorry Ed fans!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

  7. #957
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3583063;
    Since I cannot control what Jillian feels and who she's going to pick (among the three, under the premise that Reid indeed comes back) I just try to understand the motivations behind her decisions. If she chooses Ed, I will understand why. With her letting go Reid as F3, I totally saw it, actually even during the HTD's.

    About the bolded part, maybe if they will script it like that... in real life, no if we are talking about Reid. Its just too sudden a change and too late in the game to have a 180 degree transformation.

    I mean everything is possible in Bachelorette/ Fleiss world right? But look at it this way, his own father and family are talking about this kind of weakness (being indecisive and non commital) his whole life. So I dont think its believable that you suddenly turn from Mr Indecisive to Mr. Commitment after two days. I mean how did you erase 30 years of self defeating conditioning like this in two days, I would have to call your therapist... really. Not very believable in real life.

    PS: Im sorry about the constant editing, multitasking is hell for me.
    That's interesting. I've seen a multitude of posts here by people saying that it doesn't matter if Ed had multiple girlfriends before or during the show because if he fell in love with Jillian she could have caused him to change his ways and become a one woman man. So why would that be so different than Reid falling in love with Jillian and that causing him to know what he wants? It's not a 180 reversal for him, he's been showing her all through the process that he's falling for her, and he announced as soon as she was in the limo that he was falling in love (and it was early on in the limo ride because it was still light out behind him). And I have to add, being indecisive and seeking reassurance doesn't make someone in need of a therapist (and I know, because I am a therapist). Thirty year of self-defeating conditioning? Based on this edit? Ok. If anyone hears that Reid thinks he needs a therapist please give him my number.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  8. #958
    FORT Regular papaase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3583272;
    I think a big part of why Jillian let Reid go at F3 was because of what happened to her. She was afraid he could not open up to her the way she could not open up to Jason. She said herself after she was cut that it was not love she was feeling. She let Reid go to protect him and her. Now can he convince her that what they had was real and can last??? Guess we will see!
    Sorry this comment is strictly frivolous, your avatar is hilarious.

  9. #959
    FORT Fanatic TxMav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3583265;
    And Mel is?
    Of all the people from the show throwing out their thoughts on who she should or is going to pick then yes Melissa would be the best one to know. She and Jillian are friends.

  10. #960
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3583270;
    Maybe there are good or bad dominant guys, but from my own personal experience only, it does seem to me that if a man is very in charge, likes to be in control, he also likes to be successful with the ladies and rarely settles for one woman. And that's how I see Ed. He has snarled at Robby and called him a kid and who knows if he's put the other guys down too. Also, I think we've seen him indulge in telling Jilly what to do- telling her he better get that rose, convincing her to do the FS in Spain, and even physically, he is much, much more aggressive with her than either Reid or Kiptyn. So yeah, I kinda do see him as a caveman. Sorry! But it's the truth.
    Don't forget how Ed laughed when Wes said "if it's me (going home), just know that I'll be having a lot of sex" (paraphrase), while Reid looked utterly disgusted and Kip looked displeased. Do I need to post the picture of that? It tells a thousand words.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.