Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3583183;
    You're right, Reid is unfit to be with anyone!

I am sorry but where did I say or imply that?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3583091;
    I went back and listened to the 680 interview (thanks again, Avalon )and Jillian said that all decisions were made two weeks prior to that particular interview. She also said that making the final choice wasn't hard, she knew 100% in her heart what she needed to do ( use of the word needed to me doesn't sound as if it was pleasant).
    She said again about knowing a week before and then she said..."I knew that if I was going to end up with one person, it was only one person but you have to stay tuned because it's a funny twist in the end and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not." She then stated again that she knew exactly what she needed to do at that last final day, she was definitely falling for somebody, but the final day is extremely interesting.

I believe she did end up with one person, notice she didn't say one of the two final guys, which would be the normal way to say it. I think she was choosing her words carefully. She said the final day was extremely interesting. I think I'll find it interesting, too! I think "one person" has a name and that name is Reid.
    I think the one person is reid also, but I think the part where she says "and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" means its happening at the After the Final Rose and maybe it will hinge on Reid's acceptance

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583171;
    Just to clarify, although word didn't begin to circulate on the board until later there were a lot of people who knew way earlier than that. Way, way earlier.
    Wasn't there posts on this site from people who knew who he was, gave his last name and posted about the kind of guy he was in Chitown (his social life) before the show aired?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3582945;
    I'm going to try really hard to make this a non Ed bashing post or an elevating Reid to St hood post so please bear with me

I do think that Ed is the type of man she has always pictured herself with- decisive, strong, hunky, knows what he wants and how to get it, ect ect, total alpha male to protect little ole Jilly Bean. However, what if she was wrong? It seems to me that she is just very insecure and needy and equates strong, big man to making her feel safe and secure in the relationship. Can we agree on this? On the fact that she not necessarily needs an alpha male but someone who can reassure her that he loves her, that he won't let her down, blahblah.

Maybe if she had never met anyone else, then she would indeed have wound up with a man like that- someone who was decisive enough that she never would have to question his feelings, he's bold and in your face. However, isn't it possible that she met someone who was the total opposite of that description and after a few stumbling blocks, she realizes he can also protect her? Meaning, he can reassure her of his love and she's never need to question him?

That's kinda where I see and hope this season is going.

One more thing, just my own personal opinion: But I think the type of man that Jill thinks she's looking for are complete womanizers and know how to make several women feel safe and secure at the same time
    Wow, Alanna. Got a strong opinion on all this??? I'm just playin' with ya.

Just want to say that the way you're describing the alpha-male type is coming across to me more like the Dave or Wes "characters" this season. Yeah, I know Ed went on about Jillian being hott in the last ep., but other than that, TV-Ed doesn't come across like that to me. If Ed had said it a couple times less, I wouldn't have minded it at all -- I sure HOPE he finds her attractive, but going on and on was just TMI to me. Personally, I don't even perceive Ed as an alpha-male in the least! And in a way, I see Kiptyn as more of an alpha-male b/c he's a natural leader -- as in, people naturally gravitate to him and admire him by their own choice rather than he demanding to be followed. But the way you're describing alpha-males is conjuring up images of a dude who almost literally beats his chest -- the kind of guy who literally elbows another guy out of his way to show how large and in charge he is. To me, there are good alpha-males and bad alpha-males, and you seem to only be describing the bad kind? Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, though.

I dunno...it's a pretty big generalization to say alpha-males are womanizers. I know what you're getting at and I understand what you're trying to say, but I know lots of alpha-males who aren't (a la TV-Kip), and lots of "weenies" who are. I mean, if the Ed rumors are true, I sorta see Ed as the guy who appears to "have no game" and that IS his game -- he seems so incapable of being "too smooth" that girls can't imagine getting played by him (and thus, that's how they DO get played by them -- hellooooo, been there, done that ).

I also think you're being just a wee bit tough on Jillian. I feel your frustration at the seeming about-face in our Independent Jillian. I feel ya, for sure! I wanna smack her upside the head sometimes, too. But I think even truly independent women want to have a place in their lives where they don't have to take care of everything, and wear a brave face although they're fully capable of it. In a way, I think the Kiptyn rope-course date illustrated that perfectly: Kiptyn showed her that she wouldn't always have to be Super-Jilly -- if she has a weak moment, he can and will pick up the slack and/or help her find her strength again. Sometimes strong, independent women really don't want someone to coddle & care for them every single minute, but they want to know it will be there if/when they want/need it. I think that's what Jillian has been trying to find out??? I don't fault Jillian for wanting to be sure she finds that (even if I fault her methods at times ).
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3583235;
    I think the one person is reid also, but I think the part where she says "and you don't know whether I've actually ended up with one person or not" means its happening at the After the Final Rose and maybe it will hinge on Reid's acceptance
    Yes, ITA with this about a million, zillion percent. I do think it's Reid and that's why they're hiding him but it's a dramatic cliffhanger that's going to last into ATFR. Regardless of what's been going on these two months, and I think it's always been Reid and they've been dating, they're going to leave it until the next night.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583214;
    But the fact that she said the chemistry was not there with Ed makes Ed the F1? I'm confused.
    Where did I say Ed was f1? Maybe Kip is. What I was trying to say was Jillian couldn't say was she know Reid came back, she couldn't very well say there was more too it then him unable to express himself. She couldn't very well say she loved the other 2 more or whatever. She had to stick with what was shown in the edit. She probably said more to Reid when she let him go than what was said. Unless of course it was a planned return.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3583240;
    Wow, Alanna. Got a strong opinion on all this??? I'm just playin' with ya.

Just want to say that the way you're describing the alpha-male type is coming across to me more like the Dave or Wes "characters" this season. Yeah, I know Ed went on about Jillian being hott in the last ep., but other than that, TV-Ed doesn't come across like that to me. If Ed had said it a couple times less, I wouldn't have minded it at all -- I sure HOPE he finds her attractive, but going on and on was just TMI to me. Personally, I don't even perceive Ed as an alpha-male in the least! And in a way, I see Kiptyn as more of an alpha-male b/c he's a natural leader -- as in, people naturally gravitate to him and admire him by their own choice rather than he demanding to be followed. But the way you're describing alpha-males is conjuring up images of a dude who almost literally beats his chest -- the kind of guy who literally elbows another guy out of his way to show how large and in charge he is. To me, there are good alpha-males and bad alpha-males, and you seem to only be describing the bad kind? Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, though.

I dunno...it's a pretty big generalization to say alpha-males are womanizers. I know what you're getting at and I understand what you're trying to say, but I know lots of alpha-males who aren't (a la TV-Kip), and lots of "weenies" who are. I mean, if the Ed rumors are true, I sorta see Ed as the guy who appears to "have no game" and that IS his game -- he seems so incapable of being "too smooth" that girls can't imagine getting played by him (and thus, that's how they DO get played by them -- hellooooo, been there, done that ).

I also think you're being just a wee bit tough on Jillian. I feel your frustration at the seeming about-face in our Independent Jillian. I feel ya, for sure! I wanna smack her upside the head sometimes, too. But I think even truly independent women want to have a place in their lives where they don't have to take care of everything, and wear a brave face although they're fully capable of it. In a way, I think the Kiptyn rope-course date illustrated that perfectly: Kiptyn showed her that she wouldn't always have to be Super-Jilly -- if she has a weak moment, he can and will pick up the slack and/or help her find her strength again. Sometimes strong, independent women really don't want someone to coddle & care for them every single minute, but they want to know it will be there if/when they want/need it. I think that's what Jillian has been trying to find out??? I don't fault Jillian for wanting to be sure she finds that (even if I fault her methods at times ).
    I think David and Wes are definitely more the womanizer type, the type to woo any woman at all and they are loud and proud about it. Kip just seems like a secure guy who hasn't found the right person yet. He seems caring and supportive, like victoria said above, in the rope course date, he helped her through the whole thing and helped her find courage and believe in herself.
    I think David and Wes are "bad" alpha-males and Kip is a "good" mild alpha-male. He seems secure and confident in himself, and I like that about him.
    Ed I just cannot say with the rumors/drama/edit... I won't make a judgment call on that one!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3582796;
    GuardianAngel, she says that in a sit-down PI when she is wearing her FRC dress, and crying. It's shown in the previews.
    Ok, I see what you mean, I've read the other posts below that you mentioned, it can really be interpetted that way that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3583245;
    I saw those comments from Deanna today. Deanna then went on to say that it would be hard for Jillian to confront her F3 and F4 guys at the MTA because she remembers how hard it was for her to confront Jeremy and Graham at hers. Of course Jillian doesn't actually confront either her F3 or her F4 guy at the MTA, so exactly how much does Deanna know?
    Yeah... Wes has no desire at all to come back and Reid clearly isn't at the MTA... good going Deanna.
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3582885;
    Actually, that's been around a long time. Guardian Angel is a BIG time Ed fan. I'm not, but we both think he was treated unfairly in the "bedroom scene" on Monday. I'm not sure what you didn't like about our posts.

Thanks for looking after that post.