Page 939 of 939 FirstFirst ... 439839889929930931932933934935936937938939
Results 9,381 to 9,389 of 9389

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3620264;
    The good news is they all seem to get over this show pretty qucikly. Lisa has stated Reid is doing well and he looks happy and handsome in recent pics so I think he will be just fine. I do however hope he runs from Fleiss or if he's hellbent on returning gets LOADS of money to do it.
    Exactly. So I'm not gonna worry myself about it for one more second!

But still! FLEISS!!! grrrr
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3620239;
    On the whole Jake is kinda annoying and a little impressed with himself but I don't think he's a bad person. I do think the whole Wes thing was totally staged and Jake was a part of that. Jake should be very worried and think twice about it. If they do it with ya they'll do it to ya. I think he will be the most destroyed bachelor in history. They will have him ready for the insane asylum. Seriously.

And I prefer Kip and Reid to take a pass as well.
    I think that should be the theme and/or catchphrase for this entire franchise.

And serves as a good response to this season's outcome too, all things considered.

And agreed about Jake. Listening to the couple interviews he did, he really does seem like he genuinely believes the producers are wonderful and have the participants' best interests at heart. Hence why I say I hope someone who knows the score with these people also knows him personally, and can warn him. Reid knows the score with these people by now, I think, and would at least be aware of what kind of trash they could throw at him. Jake, IMO, does not.

FORT Newbie

bamabrain, you're very generous (a rose is a rose, recycled or not). And bringing a good point, I'd totally cheer on a subversive pair even if they go down in flames. Reid did say he wants to sabotage dates so half the work is already done for us

FORT Newbie

I am a long time lurker and have been a fan of the show until tonight. I really am disgusted at Jillian, I was a fan of her's last year and this year but tonight made me not like her. I am disgusted that she led both Kiptyn and Reid on for soo long knowing that they were never going to be what she wanted. She wanted someone who would continuously tell her how wonderful she was. I honestly believe that had either Kip or Reid said I love you to her earlier she would have picked them. She tries to come off as a strong independent person when in realty she not.

I pray that Kiptyn and Reid find someone who will not force them to say things and fall in love the normal way and not have ti forced. Please for the love of god DO NOT DO THE BACHELOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdnblonde26;3620274;
    I am a long time lurker and have been a fan of the show until tonight. I really am disgusted at Jillian, I was a fan of her's last year and this year but tonight made me not like her. I am disgusted that she led both Kiptyn and Reid on for soo long knowing that they were never going to be what she wanted. She wanted someone who would continuously tell her how wonderful she was. I honestly believe that had either Kip or Reid said I love you to her earlier she would have picked them. She tries to come off as a strong independent person when in realty she not.

I pray that Kiptyn and Reid find someone who will not force them to say things and fall in love the normal way and not have ti forced. Please for the love of god DO NOT DO THE BACHELOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Totally agree with the part I bolded. This is so true. I especially didn't like seeing Reid badgered to death about things, and her sour face in Spain when Kip was talking about a proposal down the road but not this fast. They both showed that they take it seriously and didn't want to rush things. Mature. Too mature for this show, sadly.

I feel similar about Jillian, albeit my feelings are mostly pure frustration and sadness. It's her life and her choice, but she nagged the heck out of Reid to try and get him to say things he wasn't yet ready for, and that left a very bad taste in my mouth. Among other things this season.

I would always much rather deal with a man in a relationship who doesn't rush an "I love you" as opposed to one who says it right away. The latter is oftentimes cause for suspicion, IMO. I know some people know fast that they love someone, but that is very rare. Especially these days.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 07-28-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620256;
    Didn't help that he was given a bottle of vodka, did it? I know they drive them around forever until they get tears and/or anger and/or footage they can use, but the narrative was confusing and clearly out of sequence (evening/daylight). I think he was royally pissed at being coerced to articulate his feelings after having been encouraged to return.
    Someone on the motherboard said that was an Arizona Tea bottle. I'm not that familiar with AT bottles nor booze bottles so I can't determine which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3620227;
    Actually, Kip showed a lot of class ... saying Jillian is a smart woman and he respected she made the right choice. I don't see Reid's Diary as anything but immature, his ego was hurt and so he lashed out ... saying he was pissed off that he told her he loved her because it wasn't reciprocated.
    I couldn't agree more. IMO he looked angry and bitter.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3620259;
    VAgirl (& Nova, too): In complete agreement that TPTB are to blame for it. 100% But, jeez, how stinky is that? I know they encouraged him to feel bulletproof -- he was so sure of himself when he went to Jillian. Poor guy. But maybe he doesn't really love her and that's what he's recognizing in the minivan, so that makes me feel a little better. Sucks to get played by TPTB, but better than being genuinely devastated. I think. Oh, I dunno...just wish he hadn't come back if this was the result.
    Yeah, it looks like in the darker (later) segments he's trying to make sense of the mess for himself, analyzer mode. The earlier (lighter) segments have the ranty bits mixed with reasoning. It's such a choppy piece, though, and hand-picked - typical. btw I'd expect anybody to be angry and bitter in his shoes, otherwise I'd immediately doubt all the professions of love just made. Kip was calmer than expected even for him, so he was detaching himself from the situation very quickly, good for him. Saying she is a smart woman and he respected she made the right choice - translation: I'm so out of here.

Hi guys, please use the non-spoiler forum to discuss the show since the show finale has been aired. That goes for media articles, discussion of the finale. If there are spoilers for the ATFR show, then you can discuss spoilers in that thread. Otherwise, it's time to migrate to the regular Bachelor/ette show forum.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob