Page 937 of 939 FirstFirst ... 437837887927928929930931932933934935936937938939 LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 9389

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3620219;
    Part of me wonders if they originally planned to edit the show in a different way. The cliffhanger ending would've made sense, or even cutting from her telling Reid she needed to think to Ed showing up.

Early interviews just don't match, for me, with what we saw tonight.
    It was just blah. The proposal was sweet but nothing earth shattering and there was really no big decision in last 5 minutes and wondering who she was going to pick. Very eh.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cathyabc;3619993;
    That's my thought too. Kip was really classy act, while Reid was kept saying: it doesn't make sense. It seems so hard for him to comprehend the situation. You came here to propose, shouldn't you be prepared that might you have a chance being rejected? Not smart and mature at all.
    My immediate take on the bolded was that indeed they did a Jeremy on him and convinced him Jill would be receptive. In that situation it wouldn't make sense to him for sure. But it may be other stuff too, or a combination.

Let me get in on all the love for the volcano. Top 1 visual comment for the season. I was on the floor for quite a while with tears in my eyes. Brilliant, indeed, cause nothing else even came close. I wish down the line we compile a Best of (whatever) list. I can start with the one liners: "Jillian, that's a lot of words that you just threw at me" (IIRC). I'm hard-pressed to choose the Wes topper although the bird non sequitur was first rate.

Kip, I hardly knew ya but they edited the heck of a king of cool tonight. Only either so chill that he's in detachment mode already, or not in love at all or at the most talked himself into seeing himself in love. My take on the Diary of Departed.

Reid wins in the self-aware department by a mile. Mostly I mean the comment about the real world vs the show's bubble. You can't get more explicit than that, hats off. I really wish he stays far away from TB. On the other hand he "could be, maybe" the best chance to get a postmodern version with neat meta comments on the fake reality while creating it. But knowing the nature of the beast, won't happen.

Ed wins the worst deliverer of script. His nervously dancing leg when talking with Jill on the bench was so distracting, and this is not the first time he's done that. Wonder what a BL interpretation might be. I know I do that when I'm annoyed.

Jill, nice enough person with some issues that determine judgement, and I have to shrug and say, that's her deal. Good for her if it lasts, but I don't see that in him on screen. I remember her saying she was a good judge of character on Jason's season as well.

As someone brought it up, Kip's mom is an astute woman, and I enjoyed her very much. Can they recruit her as a screener?

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3620227;
    Actually, Kip showed a lot of class ... saying Jillian is a smart woman and he respected she made the right choice. I don't see Reid's Diary as anything but immature, his ego was hurt and so he lashed out ... saying he was pissed off that he told her he loved her because it wasn't reciprocated.
    Kip showed nothing but class tonight. He respected Jillian's feelings all the way around tonight. He respected her decision, wished her and Ed well and didn't keep pushing the issue.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3620233;
    Unfortunately, it's been that way for awhile.

I was on the fence about Jake the whole season, but I spent the last few days really thinking about all that and re-watching his segments in the show. My conclusion was he's the type to fall fast and hard, and, as some others said, he's "too much too fast" to the letter. If sdl says this season was a "friggin disaster," I can only imagine what they'd call Jake's season! Hope he doesn't do it either. I know he's a bit "much" for some people, but I hate to see the man ripped to shreds by the viewers. I can't remember a "retread" being disliked as much as he is by so many. I don't wish that fate on him.
    On the whole Jake is kinda annoying and a little impressed with himself but I don't think he's a bad person. I do think the whole Wes thing was totally staged and Jake was a part of that. Jake should be very worried and think twice about it. If they do it with ya they'll do it to ya. I think he will be the most destroyed bachelor in history. They will have him ready for the insane asylum. Seriously.

And I prefer Kip and Reid to take a pass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3620227;
    Actually, Kip showed a lot of class ... saying Jillian is a smart woman and he respected she made the right choice. I don't see Reid's Diary as anything but immature, his ego was hurt and so he lashed out ... saying he was pissed off that he told her he loved her because it wasn't reciprocated.
    Kiptyn was extremely gracious, no great shock there. And I don't think it meant he wasn't invested (someone mentioned something like that); I just think he deals with things the way he does, while others deal a different way. I think Kiptyn was invested, just not fully in love to propose.

Reid's Diary was just confusing to me. I mean, based on what we saw in the ep., he was saying how he knows now he loves Jillian, he tells her so, he gets down on one knee. And then a little bit later in the minivan he regrets telling her he loved her and thinks there's a reason why he never told her before? Huh???
    Last edited by victoria; 07-28-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: swapped minivan for limo, forgot about that for a sec
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

I think he was saying maybe he didn't say I love you because she didn't say I love you. Jillian knew you had to put yourself out there and risk being hurt like she did with Jason. Not sure if Reid realized she wasn't really allowed to tell them how she feels which is sorta what is wrong with the whole show.

FORT Fogey

I think Reid did go back to genuinely express how he felt for Jill but I can't help but wonder if Fleiss led him to believe his feelings would be reciprocated or that she was asking for him, etc. If that was the case he would come out of this really confused and not understanding things and Fleiss would think nothing of making a bad situation worse.
    Last edited by Nova14; 07-28-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3620241;
    Reid's Diary was just confusing to me. I mean, based on what we saw in the ep., he was saying how he knows now he loves Jillian, he tells her so, he gets down on one knee. And then a little bit later in the minivan he regrets telling her he loved her and thinks there's a reason why he never told her before? Huh???
    It wasn't worded very clearly, but I'll tell you my take on it. I believe, in my own life, that using the "L" word is a very sacred thing. I only want to say it when I know I'm in a committed relationship, when I know both the guy and I feel deeply about each other. I don't believe in saying it just for the heck of it. I believe both parties should be aware they each have deep feelings for each other before either person says it. Aside from the fact that I'm not a glutton for punishment, that's one reason I'd never go on this show or one like it! I'd be so angry with myself if I told someone I loved them, only to have someone else "chosen" over me. I'm no mind reader, but I am a bit quirky myself. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Reid's logic is somewhat similar.

ETA: Plus there's sdl's information posted late Sunday night, I think, that stated they did indeed pull the same type of stunt on Reid that they pulled on Jeremy-- made him think she was saying she made a mistake, she really cared for him, etc. Don't remember the exact words, but it's sdl's last post if you want to search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3620238;
    Kip showed nothing but class tonight. He respected Jillian's feelings all the way around tonight. He respected her decision, wished her and Ed well and didn't keep pushing the issue.

Dang, now I kind of wish I had gone to the surfing contest ... was planning on going, but my son ended up in the ER from a wave slamming his head into the hard sand.

Quote Originally Posted by xelix;3620237;
    Reid wins in the self-aware department by a mile. Mostly I mean the comment about the real world vs the show's bubble. You can't get more explicit than that, hats off. I really wish he stays far away from TB. On the other hand he "could be, maybe" the best chance to get a postmodern version with neat meta comments on the fake reality while creating it. But knowing the nature of the beast, won't happen.
    Will you accept this slightly wilted (but soon to be restored by the Bachelor/'ette staff rose-fluffer) rose? One of the reasons I loved the Andy-Tessa season was that Tessa was similar to Reid in skepticism of the "process." And I think love bloomed (and wilted quickly, due to Andy's ego) despite the show rather than because of it. As I've said, I think the best shot is for a couple to bond over the absurdity of the show. I think the Diary of the Departed (which I just viewed) reinforces your prediction that Reid won't become the Bachelor. I suspect he was mainly POed that he was led to believe (probably by his handler) that she would accept his proposal.