Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620079;
    I said the same thing to my friends with whom I watched the show. Jillian had the same nervous/excited hand gestures and "I've got to pee" dance and also of course there was the monkey hug at the end. The outtakes were similar too.

We know that Shayne was F1 from the beginning. And I'm still lamenting that that wedding didn't occur. So maybe I can wear my leopard skin dress to Jillian's and Ed's wedding.
    Bwahahaha! Thanks, bama, I needed a laugh. I missed the Shayne Show. Sounds like I was the one who dodged a bullet that season!

Dare I even ask where your avatar came from?

FORT Regular

Reid and Kypton will probably be very grateful for doing this show . . . I imagine women will be throwing themselves at them, they are both great, handsome, adorable men! Sort of wishing my 16 year old daughter was a bit more age appropriate for either of them . . . she likes Reid!

FORT Fanatic

I posted this over in the media thread, but it may get more discussion here.

Here's a theory I have of why CH was steering Jill towards Ed:

I wonder whether Fleiss messed with the natural progression of Jill's emotions to control the situation - basically sabotaged the potential of a Reid and Jill romance because he saw a cash cow in Reid. He wants to save Reid for the next bachelor. Do you think he would stoop that low? Or would he only do it if he thought there was no possible way that Jill and Reid could get to an engagement by May 24 FRC?

Has there been evidence that this has been done in prior seasons - disrupt the natural progression of events?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620044;
    An interesting post. You've articulated some of what I was thinking while watching the portion of tonight's show that focused on the meetings with Jillian's family. . I also found it interesting that during the family visits edit, Kip was portrayed as a "free spirit" and Ed as the more "professional" of the two. It was almost as if the edit had suddenly reversed and Ed was receiving Kip's edit and vice versa.

Last week after viewing the outtakes, I came to the resigned conclusion that TPTB were showing us the narrative of the compatibility of Jillian and Ed, albeit that compatibility seemed to be based on alcohol consumption and flatulence (probably in that order). Maybe it's just that Jillian is much more demonstrative and her facial expressions more telling, but she seems more enamored with the "volcano" than the "volcano" is with her. Isn't there a Hawaiian legend about that?
    I don't have time to sift through old Brady Bunch Episodes. (Although Ed is Greg)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;3620089;
    I posted this over in the media thread, but it may get more discussion here.

Here's a theory I have of why CH was steering Jill towards Ed:

I wonder whether Fleiss messed with the natural progression of Jill's emotions to control the situation - basically sabotaged the potential of a Reid and Jill romance because he saw a cash cow in Reid. He wants to save Reid for the next bachelor. Do you think he would stoop that low? Or would he only do it if he thought there was no possible way that Jill and Reid could get to an engagement by May 24 FRC?

Has there been evidence that this has been done in prior seasons - disrupt the natural progression of events?
    I certainly agree that Chris seemed to be steering Jill to stay with her original decision. I love Reid, but it would be for selfish reasons that I would want him to be the next bachelor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3620063;
    I appreciate learning this about you, ZG_Champion, and seriously mean that; I continue to respect your feelings and opinion.

Also out of respect for someone I consider a friend on this board, I mostly sat on my hands over the girlfriend issue.

Now that the season is coming to conclusion, I've feel freer to share my thoughts and observations as to the discrepancies to the rumors.
    Thanks, and I appreciate your response. I value all of our thoughts and observations. And I don't mean to suggest that I don't form opinions based on what I see or learn...I do. I just try to avoid getting personally attached to any of the contestants or involved in their personal lives.

Most of my "scenarios" this season have been wrong, but I did base them on on things I gleaned from the sources I mentioned. Next season, I'm going to try to pay more attention to the "editing", as in story lines and themes for the top four. The "editing" thread here is an excellent resource for that and I didn't follow it closely enough this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3619753;
    I still can not believe Jilly let these two beautiful, kind, caring, romantic, charming, and classy men like Reid and Kip get away for the lying, cheating, manipulative, drunken fart boy (typo intended) Ed. It will be real nice when Ed lets a big one rip at their wedding! As if there is ever going to be a wedding. What a joke....I give Ed and Jilly until 3 minutes after their time is up on their contracts. Head screwed on straight my a$$! And when I watch Ed and Jilly, I always have a sudden urge to clean my toilet. Thanks
    Karey ...(insert absolutely disgusted emoticon)
    I've come to the conclusion that Jillian really was/is gaga over Ed. So if there is a wedding, expect to see it televised and complete with outtakes of what you describe above. I just hope they don't honeymoon in Hawaii. I can't take any more volcanic eruptions.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3620074;
    Random question, but, am I the only one who gets a fairly strong 'hipster' vibe from Reid? I know he's a "white collar" type professionally and seems to come from a preppy-ish background -- I see all those things in him. But I also feel a real downtown-y hipster vibe from him. Just me?
    What is a "hipster"? If it is a democrat or a liberal, yup that would be Reid.
    Last edited by Dot-Calm; 07-28-2009 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelled his name Reed!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne7411;3619808;
    Am I the only one who enjoyed both Reid and Ed in this show, and are happy with the outcome? It would probably also be better to refrain from the "didn't make women proud" conclusion--no one is the same, specifically no one individual woman, and Jillian has her own reasons for her choices.
    I am going to assume that what she meant by "making all women proud" is that she followed her heart. Well, this is where they lost me. I really could not tell where her heart lied - it wasn't apparent in her words or her actions aside from her ILY at Ed's proposal. TPTB didn't build a good case in the 30 minutes of Ed's screen time to show that Jill had fallen in love with him. Nor did he do her any favors by showing her visibly strong and real reaction to having Reid return to her. It was such a storytelling nightmare. It made no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by reg17ina;3619590;
    the thing that stood out to me was when Jill's mom asked Ed what is the glue that would make their relationship stay together. Ed's answer was honesty...and something else. I don't know but I somehow cringed when he said honesty without batting an eyelash. Knowing what we know now, he must have lied big time to Jill's parents. He even said to them that he literally could not work while he was back home in Chicago. Wait...what am I saying? He was right, he didn't work at all! He was juggling two girls on the side. He was honest after all! LOL!

Joking aside, I did see it. Jill was really falling for Ed. But I dont think Ed reciprocated it at all.[B][/B]
    I had to laugh at that one.

We were def. watching the same show. and that's without what I know if I didn't watch the show. I wish her the best it's obvious she is .