Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3620015;
    Rumors about Ed and a girlfriend have not part of the equation for me. I sleuth through screencaps, episode previews, information in public records databases and the information they choose to make available on FB, Twitter, Linked In, etc. So I am not trying to have it both ways.
    I appreciate learning this about you, ZG_Champion, and seriously mean that; I continue to respect your feelings and opinion.

Also out of respect for someone I consider a friend on this board, I mostly sat on my hands over the girlfriend issue.

Now that the season is coming to conclusion, I've feel freer to share my thoughts and observations as to the discrepancies to the rumors.

FORT Newbie

I am afraid that Jillian does not really know what loves is all about. With her it was all about the sure thing--the definite engagement (Ed) and they can also be good drinking, burping and farting buddies all rolled into one. He is a joke and she does not have a clue of what love constitutes. She seems to be so desperate to get that engagement under her belt. Good luck is all I can say. I will be very shocked if they are still together same time next year.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;3620000;
    Just a late night/early morning thought or two since I've been away from a computer for a few days...

1. With Jillian's supposed certainty that Ed was her F1, why, then, did TPTB trash him with the edit? NEVER before has that happened with a F1. Future contestants BEWARE.

2. Lots of folks questioned Jillian's early interview slip when she said something about not being able to wait to visit Chicago and and then corrected herself. More fact than fiction there.

3. Please, Reid, do NOT accept the Bachelor gig.

4. Allowing Reid's return/proposal was a scary attempt by TPTB to tarnish Jillian's edit. Her confusion and the fact that she was allowed to say she even needed to think about it spoke volumes about her readiness to accept a proposal a short while later. Fleiss is clearly showing how ludicrous the whole scenario is by leaving that in. And her bleeped "threat" that Ed hadn't better let her down was another example of throwing the star under the bus. She may have said it, but they didn't have to show it.

I wish Ed and Jillian the best. Only time will tell if any of this season is to be believed.
    Agreed. It really was a crazy edit. I'll cheer for Reid but would prefer him to walk away with a nice check and good edit. He and Kip will have women lining up for them. Stay away from Fleiss.

I wish Jill luck. I have a terrible feeling she will need it. I hope Ed mans up and does right by her. I truly do.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3620030;
    Well it should.

The only film experience I know of for Ed is a instruction video demonstrating software. Oh, yes, the "fart" video ...

As I understand it, Reid, on the other hand was a Communications major in college, has two HGTV episodes under his belt, models for his brother's T-shirt company and has an agent.

Could be as simple as Ed not comfortable in front of a camera and Reid is.
    Interesting information, thanks.

I know we will disagree on this, but for me, it didn't come across as comfortable on TV versus not. I felt Reid was genuine, and Ed was feeding lines and lying through his teeth.

And, FWIW, I certainly hope he will prove me wrong. I do still like Jillian and don't want to see her badly hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3620055;
    Did the "It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say" bit outside in her dress even air? I can't remember. I'm guessing that was about Reid, if it didn't air.

I also didn't hear the I didn't question things until today from Kip! I also never saw brown suit guy with black buckle shoes??? I'm not a good sluether I guess!!! Alot taken out I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3620017;
    I agree with your assessment that Kip left showing a great amount of class. However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Reid. He told her what she wanted to hear, and what, a week went by and she doesn't want to hear it anymore from him? The pendulum has swung all the way to Ed and she is so sure of that in such a short time period? She was the one who told Reid to trust her, all along, and he came back, to give her what she claimed she wanted? It most certainly didn't make sense, IMO. But the whole progression to this ending doesn't make any sense at all to me
    But have you notice that for Reid and Kip, the issue was never how Jillian felt about them, but how they felt about Jillian.

Whereas for Ed, even as his feelings progressed, his insecurities came about full circle, in that from the beginning and as it ended, Ed's concern was how Jillian felt about him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3619753;
    I agree...you need to watch the finale. The contrast of the raw emotions displayed by Kip and most especially Reid, and also Jilly's reaction to Reid....(she was just clutching on to him at times, like she didn't want to let him go). The emotion shown by both Reid and Jilly is quite stark in contrast to the wooden drivel that Ed spieled. "Duh Jill....I uhm...lofve you." Kiptyn was just a doll tonight too. I still can not believe Jilly let these two beautiful, kind, caring, romantic, charming, and classy men like Reid and Kip get away for the lying, cheating, manipulative, drunken fart boy (typo intended) Ed. It will be real nice when Ed lets a big one rip at their wedding! As if there is ever going to be a wedding. What a joke....I give Ed and Jilly until 3 minutes after their time is up on their contracts. Head screwed on straight my a$$! And when I watch Ed and Jilly, I always have a sudden urge to clean my toilet. Thanks
    Karey ...(insert absolutely disgusted emoticon)
    You said it so well for a lot of us. Thanks KareyR2. Let's call a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiegirl;3620064;
    I am afraid that Jillian does not really know what loves is all about. With her it was all about the sure thing--the definite engagement (Ed) and they can also be good drinking, burping and farting buddies all rolled into one. He is a joke and she does not have a clue of what love constitutes. She seems to be so desperate to get that engagement under her belt. Good luck is all I can say. I will be very shocked if they are still together same time next year.

Ok thats a bit harsh but I agree would be 100% ,I would be suprised to see or hear of a wedding I see him saying all the right things and a very smooth talker!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbgj222;3619767;
    Does anyone else feel somewhat let down? Not because of who she picked but that they hyped this finale up to be the most dramatic and romantic blah, blah, blah... and to me it was nothing. I kept waiting for something else to happen. Where was the twist and brilliant last 5 minutes? I just don't get it.
    Cupcakes told us the brilliant and funny twist were all hypes. Just another way to get people to tune in. They knew the show was getting down to the bottom of the barrel and so they had to find a way to draw viewers back. Next time we'll know better. Lucky for me I skipped after Spain dates.
    Last edited by seeker; 07-28-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Random question, but, am I the only one who gets a fairly strong 'hipster' vibe from Reid? I know he's a "white collar" type professionally and seems to come from a preppy-ish background -- I see all those things in him. But I also feel a real downtown-y hipster vibe from him. Just me?
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx