Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by reg17ina;3619590;
    the thing that stood out to me was when Jill's mom asked Ed what is the glue that would make their relationship stay together. Ed's answer was honesty...and something else. I don't know but I somehow cringed when he said honesty without batting an eyelash. Knowing what we know now, he must have lied big time to Jill's parents. He even said to them that he literally could not work while he was back home in Chicago. Wait...what am I saying? He was right, he didn't work at all! He was juggling two girls on the side. He was honest after all! LOL!

Joking aside, I did see it. Jill was really falling for Ed. But I dont think Ed reciprocated it at all.
    An interesting post. You've articulated some of what I was thinking while watching the portion of tonight's show that focused on the meetings with Jillian's family. . I also found it interesting that during the family visits edit, Kip was portrayed as a "free spirit" and Ed as the more "professional" of the two. It was almost as if the edit had suddenly reversed and Ed was receiving Kip's edit and vice versa.

Last week after viewing the outtakes, I came to the resigned conclusion that TPTB were showing us the narrative of the compatibility of Jillian and Ed, albeit that compatibility seemed to be based on alcohol consumption and flatulence (probably in that order). Maybe it's just that Jillian is much more demonstrative and her facial expressions more telling, but she seems more enamored with the "volcano" than the "volcano" is with her. Isn't there a Hawaiian legend about that?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3619928;
    I haven't seen a post addressing them showing Ed in his tight blue skivvies - OMG we were laughing so hard! I did NOT need that visual. Did anyone else catch that?
    Really didn't need that either, another laughing out loud at the TV moment for me - OMG

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3619753;
    I agree...you need to watch the finale. The contrast of the raw emotions displayed by Kip and most especially Reid, and also Jilly's reaction to Reid....(she was just clutching on to him at times, like she didn't want to let him go). The emotion shown by both Reid and Jilly is quite stark in contrast to the wooden drivel that Ed spieled. "Duh Jill....I uhm...lofve you." Kiptyn was just a doll tonight too. I still can not believe Jilly let these two beautiful, kind, caring, romantic, charming, and classy men like Reid and Kip get away for the lying, cheating, manipulative, drunken fart boy (typo intended) Ed. It will be real nice when Ed lets a big one rip at their wedding! As if there is ever going to be a wedding. What a joke....I give Ed and Jilly until 3 minutes after their time is up on their contracts. Head screwed on straight my a$$! And when I watch Ed and Jilly, I always have a sudden urge to clean my toilet. Thanks
    Karey ...(insert absolutely disgusted emoticon)
    Jill must be a programmed robot to emote so heavily for Reid and without even having an understanding of her emotions for him, accept another man's proposal for marriage in a matter of an hour or two. Red flag that she needed to understand herself better. A situation like this is the very time you want to call for a timeout and say I need to reassess - that's what would have made all women proud! And by that, I mean days, weeks, not 20 minutes.

You have got to wonder what her family thought as they watched their daughter, cousin, and granddaughter express such strong feelings for someone other than the man she was willing to accept a proposal from. I saw more raw emotions from Jill reacting to Reid's declaration of love than her squealing for Ed's proposal. Some things make no sense - her reactions did not fit the situation.

I wondered whether Jill's VOs about having to let Reid go again were re-done when she was in LA last week. Her emotions while talking about letting Kip go were far more raw than they were about letting Reid go. Yet, her physical reaction to letting Reid go was much stronger than letting Kip go. Again, what I saw of Jill did not match her words. These situtations would be classic lessons for a body language expert or therapist to analyze. I have a feeling that her original words spoken at the FRC would have been much more raw and telling about the confusion she was feeling. Not the storyline Fleiss is trying to push right now. It's gonna be the Jill and Ed confident assured couple ready to take on the world at ATFR, Regis and Kelly, GMA.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620022;
    I know that this will surprise those who know my cynical Conspiracy Theory propensity, but I do not think that Kip and especially not Reid were in on it. Reid told Jillian that he had to "pull a lot of strings to return." My suspicion is that his handler was telling him all the things he needed to hear to make him think that his return would be embraced by Jillian and that his proposal would be accepted, probably at the same time that TPTB were making him go through machinations and chains of command just to make sure that he would indeed propose. But I think he was very sincere in thinking that Jillian would accept his proposal and I think he put himself on the Fleissian line in a way that was painful for the romantic in me to watch. JMO.
    Putting my tin foil hat aside for a moment too, I agree with you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3620024;
    I am so hoping it's just a rumor and that's not his "good news." It was on multiple websites earlier, but naturally now I can't find the specific threads I saw this.

I'd assume it'd be as a dancer, not a host. Wouldn't make sense to have Tom paired with a male co-host, IMO. I dread the thought of seeing him again so soon.
    Chris needs to stick with HGTV for his alternate gig. He's good at that.

Did the "It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say" bit outside in her dress even air? I can't remember. I'm guessing that was about Reid, if it didn't air.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3619974;
    Here is a thought ... if they "scripted Ed's leave and return, then the Chicago rumors never happened.

If Ed's return was part of the plan, Ed left with a handler.

If Ed had a handler, he would never have "stayed" with Lindsey or been to the Blue Frog bar, and that makes Lindsey, Blue Frog, etc., liars and those telling the Lindsey story fools.

Can't have it both ways, you know?
    They don't get handlers until they get to final 4 or 5. So he could have partied it up in Chitown. But somehow the info. got the info. about his activities during his hiatus.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3619753;
    I agree...you need to watch the finale. The contrast of the raw emotions displayed by Kip and most especially Reid, and also Jilly's reaction to Reid....(she was just clutching on to him at times, like she didn't want to let him go). The emotion shown by both Reid and Jilly is quite stark in contrast to the wooden drivel that Ed spieled. "Duh Jill....I uhm...lofve you." Kiptyn was just a doll tonight too. I still can not believe Jilly let these two beautiful, kind, caring, romantic, charming, and classy men like Reid and Kip get away for the lying, cheating, manipulative, drunken fart boy (typo intended) Ed. It will be real nice when Ed lets a big one rip at their wedding! As if there is ever going to be a wedding. What a joke....I give Ed and Jilly until 3 minutes after their time is up on their contracts. Head screwed on straight my a$$! And when I watch Ed and Jilly, I always have a sudden urge to clean my toilet. Thanks
    Karey ...(insert absolutely disgusted emoticon)
    Oh Karey, so perfectly articulated

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3620030;
    Well it should.

The only film experience I know of for Ed is a instruction video demonstrating software. Oh, yes, the "fart" video ...

As I understand it, Reid, on the other hand was a Communications major in college, has two HGTV episodes under his belt, models for his brother's T-shirt company and has an agent.

Could be as simple as Ed not comfortable in front of a camera and Reid is.
    Oh that is interesting about Reid being a communications major.
    He was so good at narrating the story throughout the episodes so that makes complete sense.
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

FORT Regular

I can't say I was disappointed in tonight's show though, I watched pretending I didn't know what was going to happen. (taking my Reid coloured glasses off of course) I loved Kypton, didn't mind Ed, and was grateful we got to see Reid, even though he was rejected. Trying to believe Ed and Jillian are truly in love, but my negative doesn't see it lasting too long if the gf stuff was true and although I did believe Ed . . . I too have a gut feeling he just wanted to "win".

Of course I also think if/when Ed and Jillian break up, she will call Reid

I still like Jillian . . . I think she is sincere.