Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3619928;
    I haven't seen a post addressing them showing Ed in his tight blue skivvies - OMG we were laughing so hard! I did NOT need that visual. Did anyone else catch that?
    Yes I did and I couldn't believe it either!!! What in the world???

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620022;
    I know that this will surprise those who know my cynical Conspiracy Theory propensity, but I do not think that Kip and especially not Reid were in on it. Reid told Jillian that he had to "pull a lot of strings to return." My suspicion is that his handler was telling him all the things he needed to hear to make him think that his return would be embraced by Jillian and that his proposal would be accepted, probably at the same time that TPTB were making him go through machinations and chains of command just to make sure that he would indeed propose. But I think he was very sincere in thinking that Jillian would accept his proposal and I think he put himself on the Fleissian line in a way that was painful for the romantic in me to watch. JMO.
    This matches exactly with what sdl said the other night: That Reid was manipulated much the same way Jeremy was before he came back.

I don't like throwing names at people, but some of these people who make up TPTB are the filth of the Earth, behaving the way they do. There's achieving good ratings, and then there's selling your soul for a job. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3620001;
    I think pretty obviously the point was to make it look like he just flew back in and had no time to change. Sure.

For me though, I didn't care what he was wearing or what he looked like. What a man says and does is what counts, IMO. Ed looked the part, but everything he said rang hollow and false to me. Whereas Reid's words seemed genuine and heartfelt.
    Well it should.

The only film experience I know of for Ed is an instruction video demonstrating software. Oh, yes, the "fart" video ...

As I understand it, Reid, on the other hand, was a Communications major in college, has two HGTV episodes under his belt, models for his brother's T-shirt company and has an agent.

Could be as simple as Ed not comfortable in front of a camera and Reid is.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 07-28-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3620017;
    I agree with your assessment that Kip left showing a great amount of class. However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Reid. He told her what she wanted to hear, and what, a week went by and she doesn't want to hear it anymore from him? The pendulum has swung all the way to Ed and she is so sure of that in such a short time period? She was the one who told Reid to trust her, all along, and he came back, to give her what she claimed she wanted? It most certainly didn't make sense, IMO. But the whole progression to this ending doesn't make any sense at all to me
    Its about it being too little too late. Besides, if Wes didn't have the whole gf thing going on, Reid wouldn't have even made it to Hawaii at all and would have been let go after Spain IMO. He was never going to be F1
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3620022;
    I know that this will surprise those who know my cynical Conspiracy Theory propensity, but I do not think that Kip and especially not Reid were in on it. Reid told Jillian that he had to "pull a lot of strings to return." My suspicion is that his handler was telling him all the things he needed to hear to make him think that his return would be embraced by Jillian and that his proposal would be accepted, probably at the same time that TPTB were making him go through machinations and chains of command just to make sure that he would indeed propose. But I think he was very sincere in thinking that Jillian would accept his proposal and I think he put himself on the Fleissian line in a way that was painful for the romantic in me to watch. JMO.
    Did you notice the way she eyed Reid's ring and almost reached for it before she said no.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3620028;
    Yes I did and I couldn't believe it either!!! What in the world???
    Yes, I almost forgot about that. The moment I saw that clip, I put my hand over my eyes and laughed...then my cousin said to me, "Oh come on, there's nothing much to see!"

ROTFLMAO

I want to know why they cut out the part where Kip and Ed gave Jillian notes for her to read. Obviously they at least wrote some thoughts out for her even if they didn't give her the normal LCD gift. If they were able to show us a quick glimpse of her looking at them alone, why not just go ahead and show us when they gave them to her?!? I found it rather telling that Ed's was only a short paragraph on a note card (folded like a greeting card that was blank on the inside) and a 2 page letter on nice stationary from Kip.

I also think that Jillian will have alot of explaining to do to Ed. She knew that she was going to pick Ed before her LCD with Kip but yet she couldn't keep her hands (nor her lips) off of him?!?! Then again I suppose that she can say that it was only fair seeing how Ed had his fun during the show as well. To bad Jillian is such a daddys girl and that his pick was Ed.

Hopefully Ed makes Jillian happy. Don't think a marriage will come out of it though, I just didn't see Ed as being that into Jillian at all. More of a "have to win" attitude instead. Hopefully she won't be to crushed when it comes crashing down around her.

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3619587;
    Was that ending not reminiscent of the Shayne show ending? Seemed just as awkward and plotted. In fact this one left me feeling the exact same way, kinda blah.

really? (haven't watched it. still not up in mininova) two weeks prior to the finale, i sorta had an epiphany. i felt it was "Ed or no one" just because of Shayne's edit. the way i feel for shayne is like what i feel for Ed. (couldn't express it in words. ) i liked them initially but the way they were edited i ended up not liking them. hence, i felt Ed was the F1 because i was shocked that Shayne was the F1 with the way she was edited. Ed, for me, was getting the Shayne edit. well, sadly, i was right. *sigh*
    TEAM REID & TEAM CHRIS L. F O R E V E R!
    and i now add: TEAM BRAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3619865;
    that whole Reid scene was painful to watch. He really put Jillian on the spot by returning, especially at the FRC, it's like objecting at a wedding when the bride has moved on. The group that I was watching with all thought that he was a potential stalker LOL
    In this short a time frame she had only partially moved on. She definitely had to reason out that Ed is the one in too short a time. At least she heard Reid out because she was not giving a finality message to him at F3. "I don't know how sure I'm supposed to be"...

Maybe if it was a 3rd time he returned you could think stalker but not after the 2nd time. It was his time to move on after he gave his all in May and I believe he has moved on. So with your friends one strike and your out.....
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3620032;
    Did you notice the way she eyed Reid's ring and almost reached for it before she said no.
    I didn't, because I didn't watch. Should I, or not?