Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3619982;
    Indeed. And unfortunately, those of us who enjoy Dancing with the Stars are apparently about to get stuck with him indefinitely. He said he has exciting "personal business-related" news for us Wed. morning.

It's all over the place he's going to be on DWTS' fall season. I assume this pushes Bach filming back, wouldn't it? Not sure how that'd work. Unless they just don't travel much in the next season.
    As a contestant? Wow..never would have a guessed that.

I could see him replacing Samantha in a NY minute though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3619969;
    It's weird but I am not bothered by Ed as much as I was before tonight.This is about Jillian and if he can make her smile the way she was smiling at the end of tonight then she made the right decision for herself.
    It's kinda about Jillian but it's also about the viewers. the sponsors don't pay big bucks because they want to support a single girl finding her true love, the show is about attracting viewers and big ratings. I watch the Bach for the romance and when I don't feel it, it's my perogative to voice my opinion. I don't have to like her choice - bottom line, to me, is whether I'M satisfied with the season.... and her choosing Ed, for me, is a big yuck!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;3620000;
    Just a late night/early morning thought or two since I've been away from a computer for a few days...

1. With Jillian's supposed certainty that Ed was her F1, why, then, did TPTB trash him with the edit? NEVER before has that happened with a F1. Future contestants BEWARE.

2. Lots of folks questioned Jillian's early interview slip when she said something about not being able to wait to visit Chicago and and then corrected herself. More fact than fiction there.

3. Please, Reid, do NOT accept the Bachelor gig.

4. Allowing Reid's return/proposal was a scary attempt by TPTB to tarnish Jillian's edit. Her confusion and the fact that she was allowed to say she even needed to think about it spoke volumes about her readiness to accept a proposal a short while later. Fleiss is clearly showing how ludicrous the whole scenario is by leaving that in. And her bleeped "threat" that Ed hadn't better let her down was another example of throwing the star under the bus. She may have said it, but they didn't have to show it.

I wish Ed and Jillian the best. Only time will tell if any of this season is to be believed.
    Agree with your post! I really did feel like doing this to Jill was TPTB way of throwing her under the bus for picking Ed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3619982;
    Indeed. And unfortunately, those of us who enjoy Dancing with the Stars are apparently about to get stuck with him indefinitely. He said he has exciting "personal business-related" news for us Wed. morning.

It's all over the place he's going to be on DWTS' fall season. I assume this pushes Bach filming back, wouldn't it? Not sure how that'd work. Unless they just don't travel much in the next season.
    Chris on DWTS? Wow, I wonder if he'll get that new professional that the fans chose, the tall one?

I doubt it will do much to the fall Bach schedule. CH will probably be eliminated pretty early - Gilles Marini he ain't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3619974;
    Here is a thought ... if they "scripted Ed's leave and return, then the Chicago rumors never happened.

If Ed's return was part of the plan, Ed left with a handler.

If Ed had a handler, we would never have "stayed" with Lindsey or been to the Blue Frog bar, and that makes Lindsey, Blue Frog, etc., liars and those telling the Lindsey story fools.

Can't have it both ways, you know?
    Rumors about Ed and a girlfriend have not part of the equation for me. I sleuth through screencaps, episode previews, information in public records databases and the information they choose to make available on FB, Twitter, Linked In, etc. So I am not trying to have it both ways.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cathyabc;3619993;
    That's my thought too. Kip was really classy act, while Reid was kept saying: it doesn't make sense. It seems so hard for him to comprehend the situation. You came here to propose, shouldn't you be prepared that might you have a chance being rejected? Not smart and mature at all.
    I agree with your assessment that Kip left showing a great amount of class. However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Reid. He told her what she wanted to hear, and what, a week went by and she doesn't want to hear it anymore from him? The pendulum has swung all the way to Ed and she is so sure of that in such a short time period? She was the one who told Reid to trust her, all along, and he came back, to give her what she claimed she wanted? It most certainly didn't make sense, IMO. But the whole progression to this ending doesn't make any sense at all to me

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3619567;
    of course they were both in on it - both of them looked more relieved than heartbroken in their limos - and how is it they scrounged up a limo for Reid, but sent him there in a taxi van?
    I know that this will surprise those who know my cynical Conspiracy Theory propensity, but I do not think that Kip and especially not Reid were in on it. Reid told Jillian that he had to "pull a lot of strings to return." My suspicion is that his handler was telling him all the things he needed to hear to make him think that his return would be embraced by Jillian and that his proposal would be accepted, probably at the same time that TPTB were making him go through machinations and chains of command just to make sure that he would indeed propose. But I think he was very sincere in thinking that Jillian would accept his proposal and I think he put himself on the Fleissian line in a way that was painful for the romantic in me to watch. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3620017;
    I agree with your assessment that Kip left showing a great amount of class. However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Reid. He told her what she wanted to hear, and what, a week went by and she doesn't want to hear it anymore from him? The pendulum has swung all the way to Ed and she is so sure of that in such a short time period? She was the one who told Reid to trust her, all along, and he came back, to give her what she claimed she wanted? It most certainly didn't make sense, IMO. But the whole progression to this ending doesn't make any sense at all to me
    I agree. Also, why, oh why, was it OK for Kip to hold off on expressing his feelings? Nothing against Kip. I think he's a sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3620014;
    Chris on DWTS? Wow, I wonder if he'll get that new professional that the fans chose, the tall one?

I doubt it will do much to the fall Bach schedule. CH will probably be eliminated pretty early - Gilles Marini he ain't.
    I am so hoping it's just a rumor and that's not his "good news." It was on multiple websites earlier, but naturally now I can't find the specific threads I saw this.

I'd assume it'd be as a dancer, not a host. Wouldn't make sense to have Tom paired with a male co-host, IMO. I dread the thought of seeing him again so soon.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3620017;
    ITA with your post. It turns out that Jillian was the one who had the communication problem after all, not Reid. Even in the end, she still could not verbalize a logical reason why she was rejecting him. That is why Reid couldn't make sense of it all.