Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3619974;
    Here is a thought ... if they "scripted Ed's leave and return, then the Chicago rumors never happened.

If Ed's return was part of the plan, Ed left with a handler.

If Ed had a handler, we would never have "stayed" with Lindsey or been to the Blue Frog bar, and that makes Lindsey, Blue Frog, etc., liars and those telling the Lindsey story fools.

Can't have it both ways, you know?
    Interesting ... excellent point

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3619946 View Post
    Kiptyn had one of the classiest exits ever. So heart felt and sincere. He told her that Ed was a lucky guy, and he really meant it. He also gave her a hug to comfort her 'cause he knew that she was having a hard time letting him go. He seemed to make a quick exit so as not to make it any more akward for either of them and didn't ask for explanations, which just makes the situation more uncomfortable as what more can a person say when the rejection says it all.

Reid on the other hand just wouldn't take no for an answer, I didn't like that.
    That's my thought too. Kip was really classy act, while Reid was kept saying: it doesn't make sense. It seems so hard for him to comprehend the situation. You came here to propose, shouldn't you be prepared that might you have a chance being rejected? Not smart and mature at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by wgschlenker;3619975;
    Sounds really gay
    And lame.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3619987;
    Oh, of course many of us could've would've written better. But long ago I stopped watching this for the great story and now I watch it for the sharks.
    The sharks were jumping through hoops tonight but I've decided I like the shark show. Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by just2relax;3619840;
    I am a Reid fan and I want to say that I think it's better that Jill chose Ed. I personally don't find them to be an attractive couple, in fact I'm uncomfortable watching their scenes together and this has nothing to do with the gf/drinking problems. Physically they accent their extremes, she's tiny and he's big and together that's all I see about them. Emotionally I just don't see it. I know plenty of people do, but I don't. People tend to go back to "type" and Reid is not Jilly's type and she could not handle it. I know it's a taboo subject but I also think Reid being Jewish was too different for her. I'm Jewish and I have met people who, even in this day and age, view it as something fascinating and strange. One of the first things Jilly said to Ed's parents was she loved hearing about Ed's family's Christmases. This is very important to her. I don't think Jill and Ed will last and how in the world are they going to go on the talk show circuit with everyone asking about his bedroom problems?
    I believe Jill wasn't even thinking that being Jewish was a problem. Plus where I live times are a changing. I have friends who are married to Jewish men and visa versa. The families have double the holidays. My best friend is Jewish and she loves Christmas.

This is coming from a Catholic married to a Morman. Things do have a way of working out for us after 32 years.
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

FORT Fanatic

Just a late night/early morning thought or two since I've been away from a computer for a few days...

1. With Jillian's supposed certainty that Ed was her F1, why, then, did TPTB trash him with the edit? NEVER before has that happened with a F1. Future contestants BEWARE.

2. Lots of folks questioned Jillian's early interview slip when she said something about not being able to wait to visit Chicago and and then corrected herself. More fact than fiction there.

3. Please, Reid, do NOT accept the Bachelor gig.

4. Allowing Reid's return/proposal was a scary attempt by TPTB to tarnish Jillian's edit. Her confusion and the fact that she was allowed to say she even needed to think about it spoke volumes about her readiness to accept a proposal a short while later. Fleiss is clearly showing how ludicrous the whole scenario is by leaving that in. And her bleeped "threat" that Ed hadn't better let her down was another example of throwing the star under the bus. She may have said it, but they didn't have to show it.

I wish Ed and Jillian the best. Only time will tell if any of this season is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam;3619957;
    I just have to say ... what was Reid NOT thinking about?!? That he could show up dressed like a homeless person on the final day, propose looking like a homeless person in a million dollar villa and expect Jillian to take him back? He really looked bad there tonight, was really embarassed for him.
    I think pretty obviously the point was to make it look like he just flew back in and had no time to change. Sure.

For me though, I didn't care what he was wearing or what he looked like. What a man says and does is what counts, IMO. Ed looked the part, but everything he said rang hollow and false to me. Whereas Reid's words seemed genuine and heartfelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3619990;
    He may let her down, but she was over the moon happy. Either madly in love or they gave her happy pills. It was cute.
    She was definitely over the moon happy.She really does love him.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3619962;
    ITA. Even though I think Kiptyn was hurting at that moment, he put Jillian's feelings first. It had to have been hard to stand there and wish them well after just having his heart stomped on, but he was a complete gentleman. I thought he was fantastic tonight!
    I just knew Kip would have the classiest exit of them all. He was generous to Jillian and her feelings and didn't drag it out. Just good luck to you both and on his way. I wish I could find a Kip for my daughter (well, quite a few years younger, though!).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3619974 View Post
    Here is a thought ... if they "scripted Ed's leave and return, then the Chicago rumors never happened.

If Ed's return was part of the plan, Ed left with a handler.

If Ed had a handler, he would never have "stayed" with Lindsey or been to the Blue Frog bar, and that makes Lindsey, Blue Frog, etc., liars and those telling the Lindsey story fools.

Can't have it both ways, you know?
    ryansmummy, you are so smart. Right on! Those rumors are contradict with themselves.