Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3619962;
    ITA. Even though I think Kiptyn was hurting at that moment, he put Jillian's feelings first. It had to have been hard to stand there and wish them well after just having his heart stomped on, but he was a complete gentleman. I thought he was fantastic tonight!
    Chaslom, I echo what both you and Northernviewer said. I think Kiptyn clearly kept his promise to himself and was genuine and true to himself the entire experience. He not only respected himself but also Jillian and showed what a truly compassionate man he is by how he interacted with her after his rejection. I hope he is as proud of himself as much as I am sure his parents are of him. I know I am.

My thoughts ...
    I was very surprised by Kips reaction. Was genuinely touched.
    I really wish Reid had not come back - that was hard to watch. I admire what he did and he should be proud of himself. Clearly Jill has strong feelings for him.

This would have been a great season if we hadnt known what the story is behind Ed. It would have been brilliant. Rejecting Kip and Reid was made harder to fathom given this knowledge, thanks to our sleuths. It makes Jills decision seem incomprehesible.
    I do wish them well. Like I stated above - they both have broken up with 2 gf/bf in the last several months. They are even now.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3619877;
    I have to say that I thought the volcanic eruption was one of the real LOL moments this season--right up there with Jake's balcony scene and Wes's one-footed bird. I LOLed so L and am still--you can probably hear me in your own homes.
    That avatar is hilarious , I wish someone would close his eyelids.

I had two thoughts when I saw that volcano

1. Someone has angered the gods.

2. Maybe someone has a burning sensation.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3619954;
    ITA with you VAgirl.

Chris H. is full of it. That finale was on a level of Trista and Ryan? Umm, nope, not even close, never. I give it one thing, Jillian did seem excited to see Ed bend down on one knee.
    Indeed. And unfortunately, those of us who enjoy Dancing with the Stars are apparently about to get stuck with him indefinitely. He said he has exciting "personal business-related" news for us Wed. morning.

It's all over the place he's going to be on DWTS' fall season. I assume this pushes Bach filming back, wouldn't it? Not sure how that'd work. Unless they just don't travel much in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3619974;
    Here is a thought ... if they "scripted Ed's leave and return, then the Chicago rumors never happened.

If Ed's return was part of the plan, Ed left with a handler.

If Ed had a handler, we would never have "stayed" with Lindsey or been to the Blue Frog bar, and that makes Lindsey, Blue Frog, etc., liars and those telling the Lindsey story fools.

Can't have it both ways, you know?
    ITA!!! Hadn't thought about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3619980;
    That avatar is hilarious , I wish someone would close his eyelids.

I had two thoughts when I saw that volcano

1. Someone has angered the gods.

2. Maybe someone has a burning sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3619865;
    that whole Reid scene was painful to watch. He really put Jillian on the spot by returning, especially at the FRC, it's like objecting at a wedding when the bride has moved on. The group that I was watching with all thought that he was a potential stalker LOL
    Well, I was a Reid fan and I somewhat agree with you... but only about the painful part... not the stalker part! I completely blame Fleiss and Co. for coming up with this fiasco.... it was cruel and unusual punishment for Jillian... Reid... and the audience! I would love to know if it was truly Reid's idea... in which case TPTB should have gently told him that Jill was in love with one of the other guys and not to bother coming back. However... most likely, he was encouraged by Fleiss to come back with assurances that Jill would be receptive. When she rejected him... again... I would have LOVED to see Reid look at the camera and say.. "WTF, you guys totally punked me!" But, of course, that would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm;3619976;
    Symbolism 101. I thought it was embarrassing for the writers of a network show.

Oh, of course many of us could've would've written better. But long ago I stopped watching this for the great story and now I watch it for the sharks.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by just2relax;3619840;
    I don't think Jill and Ed will last and how in the world are they going to go on the talk show circuit with everyone asking about his bedroom problems?

Let's give TPTB a little credit here. What an awesome idea to show a clip of an exploding volcano and complete with lava overflowing to somehow signal the end of the bedroom problems between Ed and Jillian. That's it folks, the lava says it all...you know what it means right? It couldnt get any clearer than that...the deal has been sealed after all. Because of that symbolic video, Ed's prowess is no longer in question and should not be up for discussion (pun intended, couldn't help it) anymore...he he.

Thanks, TPTB! By virtue of that clip, Ed's virility was salvaged.
    Last edited by reg17ina; 07-28-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: missing words

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3619969;
    It's weird but I am not bothered by Ed as much as I was before tonight.This is about Jillian and if he can make her smile the way she was smiling at the end of tonight then she made the right decision for herself.
    He may let her down, but she was over the moon happy. Either madly in love or they gave her happy pills. It was cute.