Page 9 of 939 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3579504;
    Some people need to read, "He's just not that into you."

Reid with all his hesitation and non-committal, and non-answers to Jillian's questions said alot.

Jillian saw the writing on the wall with Reid and let him go at F3. If she was really feeling "IT" she would have taken Reid to the final 2 and said it didn't matter if she was going to get engaged or not, she wants to be with Reid.

She gave up introducing Reid to her parents and a very romantic final date.
    I would agree with you totally if it were not for that darn Fleece's machinations. What is 'real' on this show can never be taken for gospel. I would break my piggybank if someone would just write a tasteful tell all book!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3579416;
    I do agree with you Goldie2 -- if they give him a hot and steamy LCD -- then yes they MAY redeem him. But I felt they were hot and heavy before the ED moment. Why even put that in there? If he is the final one, just let us believe it was undeniable hot sex. Chemistry perfect!!! IDK I still think they threw him under the bus. And perhaps we will find out why they did.

Yes he may be The Comeback Kid, but I still believe Reid is Mr. Invisible.
    Why even put that in there? Let's ponder that for a while.

Say Ed is chosen as F1, Reid drama aside. Since the FRC things have fallen apart between Jillian and Ed (gfs or whatever). Ed is balking at showing up at the ATFR. We know from sdl that he gave production fits and was very demanding and difficult to work with. We know that they are still editing the finale. So, they air this very embarrassing footage of his FD (which was completely edited to be embarrassing, it was not at all what was insinuated on Monday night).

How do they get Ed to show up and play nice for the ATFR (which I assume is taped prior to airing of the FRC, to allow editing time)? The threat of even worse edit manipulation in the finale would be one possibility.

Don't know if any of this even holds water, but it's as likely as anything else I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3579512;
    This is true; but if she knew she was going to take him back she would have also known that he would end up meeting her parents anyway.

But sanlee, she did not say he proposes. She says get down on one knee and sweep her off of her feet. I think Reid could do that just by saying the words ILY without hedging.
    That's true.....but the fact that Reid even gets down on one knee must mean that he was going to propose? Or are you saying that he could get down on one knee just to say I love you but not propose?

But then in the previews, Chris mentions a surprise proposal....... lol I'm sorry for making this hard to think about but I am just trying to figure this all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3579520;
    I don't think the ED storyline was a planned edit that Ed agreed to. No man would and I can't blame him for that. Jill has commented on wanting to make sure the romance is there so it could be something she was concerned about. If they wanted to create doubt they didn't need to do so with an ED storyline. I thought bringing him aside about it made it even worse. Like him or hate him you just don't go there. It's a private thing.
    I agree that no one would want or agree to that kind of a spin on the 'reported' lack of passion-that has to be the producers 100% behind that spin. One would think they would have discussed this off-camera like in the morning. On the bench prior to a RC, was both crass and tacky.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3579347;
    From what I've understood reading these boards is that knowledge of the g/f's certainly became more widespread since 5/24, but there were many that knew of it prior to that date. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, there were some that new b4 the show even aired. It still is a matter of when did Jillian know...
    You're not wrong.

The question is if and when Jillian found out about any of it. I would love to have the answer to that.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3579520;
    I don't think the ED storyline was a planned edit that Ed agreed to. No man would and I can't blame him for that. Jill has commented on wanting to make sure the romance is there so it could be something she was concerned about. If they wanted to create doubt they didn't need to do so with an ED storyline. I thought bringing him aside about it made it even worse. Like him or hate him you just don't go there. It's a private thing.
    Once they sign on the dotted line, they pretty much sell their name and reputation with it bec' the PTB can make anyone look like a saint or a cad with a few splice and dice conversations. Kip and Reid to some extent probably didnt' give them much to hang them. Wes, Dave, Juan and even Jake got edits that weren't very flattering. The outtake in Maui episode was crass and it was captured on camera and it came from Ed. Given the shift in his edit the PTB probably ran with it to show him in a very bad light. How they edit him next week will shed light on whether he goes on to f1 spot. A little more of crappy edit in BI will seal it and lead the viewers to believe Kip will be f1.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579539;
    That's true.....but the fact that Reid even gets down on one knee must mean that he was going to propose? Or are you saying that he could get down on one knee just to say I love you but not propose?

But then in the previews, Chris mentions a surprise proposal....... lol I'm sorry for making this hard to think about but I am just trying to figure this all out.
    I think the surprise proposal might be Kip. He has told her that a proposal seems a long way off, and she really has not pressed him about it at all (not anything close to whatshe did to Reid). If he proposes, I think it is a setup for him to be TB.

I am beginning to think that they manipulated Jill into letting Reid go, saying He is a flake....he will never propose or commit......etc. Then, after she let him go, she was devastated and they manipulated him into coming back. This would be where they cooked up the scheme for Kip to propose, knowing that she was really choosing between Ed and Reid and had written off Kip entirely.

I think most everyone is in agreement that Reid returns, probably gets down on one knee and maybe even proposes.
    What I am very curious about is when does he do that? Surely, he must talk with her at some time before the rose ceremony day just to let her know how he feels and to ask for a second chance. Does he do this several days before the RC or the morning of?
    I also wonder if Fleiss and Co. tried to get him to leave or did they facilitate the whole return? Did he have to beg Fleiss and Co. for another chance or were they excited "big time" for this new Twist?

Did he bring a ring and who paid for it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579539;

The description changed a key word from "surprise proposal" to "unbelievable proposal". Why would anyone be surprised if f2 or f1 gave a proposal? Weren't they expected to do that? It was what Jillian was harping on, asking if the guys will propose at the end in her convos.

I worry how Kiptyn will be let go...