Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3617717;
    No, I don't think the ssleuths vision gets tainted by information. Most either have no favorite and view each season as a mystery waiting to be solved, or if they do have a favorite, are able to separate their feelings about an individual from the facts reported and verified.

I wouldn't lump myself in with the ssleuths, but as a point of example.....I was a Jeremy fan yet knew from a single photo that he was being sent home at F3, liked De in Brad's season yet knew from the day of the AFTR taping that he chose no one, though Mel was okay and found that she was F1, only later to hear through the grapevine that she would end F2. So for me, sometimes I have favorites and sometimes I don't, but either way I don't let it interfere with my sleuthing.......guess its the accountant in me!..lol
    Thank you, Kresge! I've been stewing about the posts saying sleuthers were influenced by their dislike for Ed, especially with most of those posts coming from folks who didn't join in on the sleuthing. Those of us sleuthing from the beginning of this season ending up both liking and disliking Ed. Point in fact: Me - Ed non-fan; Guardian Angel - Ed fan. The personal preferences definitely colored our OPINION. NOT our SLEUTHING.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by tmi13;3618056;
    Hey you guys...ED'S FRIEND has an interesting blog.

There are a couple of posts from this month...

It's at: joomlachicago dot com
    Who is the friend.....can you recap?
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3618084;
    Who is the friend and what have they said?
    I just posted it on the Media thread for all to read. It's...... interesting

Quote Originally Posted by auburnbulldog;3617723;
    I hope he doesn't turn it down. I was a young hot blonde once but since he drinks and when I approach him, I am hoping that the "more he drinks, the better I look."

I really love ED!!!!!!!!!
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3618062;
    Jill is well aware of the rumors now and if she is moving to Chi so quickly maybe that plays a part in it. She wants to watch her man. Sad but could be true. Ed will either get vg at covering his tracks or he'll man up. If he wants out it will fall on him to do the break. Jill has dug her heels in and has gone on and on about having a great judge of character so she's in it for the long haul.
    ITA. She knows all the rumors but she's stubborn and is going to do whatever it takes to make this work and "prove" that she's a good judge of character. I'm also assuming that if she really does move to Chi within the next few months, it'll be to watch over him and make sure there aren't even more girls coming out of the woodwork. This just all seems like a disaster to me because she'll be stuck in Chi by herself, with no friends or family of her own, with a questionable partner who has to "travel" a lot for work. Scary for her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie

If Ed is her choice and Kip is dating an ex, do you think Reid will be the bachelor? I was just reading on another board that the casting for the upcoming bachelor had a well publicized casting call for Bachelorettes in the Philly suburbs. Thoughts?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3618086;
    How is she going to watch him when he is traveling for business reasons? It's a no win situation. But she has to live and learn. Kicking or screaming she will face the truth eventually unless she is heck bent on throwing her dreams of marriage and family off the cliff. She is beginning to look more insecure, defiant and clueless about some things. She's going to need a ton of luck to get through this starting tonight esp. with the viewers lashing at her in their comments. Can you hear Ed tell "don't listen to the comments, I don't have to be good, I just have to (con)make you believe I'm good"
    I am sure Ed has enjoyed the "arrangement" w/ Jill for the last two months. He has had very limited time w/ her and I'm sure when they are together they have loads of fun. However, he has still had lots of his "own" time due to the restrictions of being together until the show's airing is completed. Going forward will be the true test for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tmi13;3618056;
    Hey you guys...ED'S FRIEND has an interesting blog.

There are a couple of posts from this month...

It's at: joomlachicago dot com

Hilarious the Takeaway Close, so is Ed a born salesman?

or as Kenny Rogers once said

"You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run."

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3617764;
    i am sorry for all my bah humbug but coooooooome onnnnnnnnnnn!! doom and gloom? doom and gloom is when someone dies or gets a bad medical report. this is entertainment or it is suppose to be. all these players have moved on with their lives and are HAPPY. so come on people BE HAPPY!!!!!
    I appreciate the sentiment, noche, but could we please watch the next two episodes and mourn before we do it?

MTG

My only thought right now....IS IT 8:00 YET? I may just have to slip on here early to see what is actually happening. I am MST and this is just killing me!!