Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I think it is too early to be apologizing - sorry but it ain't over until the fat lady sings or at least the AFTR airs. I personally like hearing all the different takes from different sources, everyone can judge for themselves on what they believe or don't believe.

My gut tells me we are going to be left with a cliff hanger tonight.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-27-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3617078;
    May it is Wes and all his grumbling in public has thrown us all off.........bwah.
    I actually think that a relationship between Jillian and Wes could work. Not sure about long-term, but I could see them together...for awhile.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3617152;
    C'est la vie!

Please tell Chad he is a creep!
    Isn't Chad the name of one of Reid's brothers, who clearly wasn't leaking? It sounds to me like this guy was playing Freedom for laughs. Not a bad idea to consult with an experienced sleuther confidentially before going public with something, because, even though I am not one, I would have immediately been suspicious of the common name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3617145;
    So true! And I really meant to say "tomorrow" night. Not tonight.
    I think Ed "came clean" to Jillian, from his point of view. He told her just enough to clue her in to his situation coming into the show, but not the entire truth. He downplayed everything about the women back in Chicago. I think she believes his version of the story because she needs to believe it.

As for the ATFR, maybe Chris Harrison will ask Ed if the rumors are true and he will say no and they'll treat it like a joke. Shayne and Matt laughed off rumors about them at DeAnna's ATFR taping (and they announced their break-up shortly after).

I don't think a 29-30 yr old player is ready to settle down after thousands of women have seen him on TV and want a piece of him. Will Ed have the strength to turn someone down if he's been drinking and a young hot blonde throws herself at him? I doubt it.

Yes, he has a brother named Chad (who, at this moment, has a baby sumo in green trunks as his profile picture......)
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3617179;
    Isn't Chad the name of one of Reid's brothers, who clearly wasn't leaking? It sounds to me like this guy was playing Freedom for laughs. Not a bad idea to consult with an experienced sleuther confidentially before going public with something, because, even though I am not one, I would have immediately been suspicious of the common name.
    I can't remember the names of the brothers but it does sound like Freedom was duped by someone.
    I support pet adoption!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3617145;
    So true! And I really meant to say "tomorrow" night. Not tonight.
    Well if that's the case that would jive with sdl's comment that production had invited one of women Ed was involved with to ATFR. I believe it was smart of that woman to turn them down. It'll give ABC/Ed/Jillian more of an opportunity to whitewash things this way but putting her story out there on TV would've made her even more of a target. Not accepting ABC's invitation is the smart way to go especially since she is reported to have moved on.

It'll be interesting if ABC tries to deal with the Ed entanglements issue on ATFR. My initial thought was that they wouldn't because it hasn't gone mainstream: none of the mags/tabloids have really covered it (I'd guess the women in Chicago not cooperating by giving interviews is one reason, the general lack of interest in this B'ette season is probably another). But if they expect the issue to gain traction then it would be smart to get their spin out there that Jillian and Ed dealt with the issue and have moved on from it (and that may be the case, putting aside the issue of how much Ed copped to and all that).

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3617147;
    Misled? You flat out told us Reid was F1, no ifs and or buts about it???
    There have been long time sleuthers who have been misled and given us false information without knowing it. It happens - you think something is verified, but then - poof - it actually wasn't. Take for example, the relative of Jason's last season. She was an eyewitness to the events, but she didn't see everything that transpired after the fact.

Thanks to all of those who come across insider information and relay it to us. We can choose to believe it or not, and as with all of leaks - you never know for sure until you see the finale.

Thanks to freedom for having the courage to come back here and apologize - we hope that you continue to post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3617195;
    I just looked. Hilarious! How could Jill turn down this sarcastic, witty family to be with the creator of Jenga Farts is beyond me. It says so much about her.
    Like Stephanie said, you marry the whole family, and I definitely know whose I'd prefer. It's funny that some are criticizing or mocking Reid for being so close with his family; considering how great they seem to be, I consider that a big plus. I guess Jill thought otherwise.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3617141;
    Hello everyone,

In light of all the recent information of Ed being F1 I am beginning to feel as if "I have been punked" and I feel absolutely sick about it. I feel like I want to throw up because I have may have mistakenly mislead people about who is F1.

I put my trust in a source who calls himself Chad and claims to be a relative of Reid. As proof of his identity, he gave me a photo and a home address of Reid. I took him at his word and it looks like I shouldn't have.

I want to say that if all of the info I have been reporting through the season is wrong, I sincerely apologize. I really do. It was NEVER my intention to mislead people. I have made many friends on this board and I would never do anything intentionally to hurt them or myself.

So, I am very, very, very, very sorry for my postings.

In the future if I do receive a tip I will be sure to PM one of our supersleuthers and ask them to help me verify the source.

I, like you, will be anxious to watch the next few days unfold.

Thank you.
    There are so many things that don't add up about Ed being F1. yes, on paper he might be a better fit. However, his story is not logical

1) Gets time off from work to do the show
    2) Gets called back only to be allowed to leave a week later
    3) Jillian has the ex-girlfriend talk with him, it is long and difficult as she said, and then accepts his proposal. She certainly does not strike me as deperate.

I think MF was desperate to have a surprise ending though after last season. I think he went to great lengths to keep secrets and confuse the sleuthers.