Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3617043;
    The reality is that some people like maybe love Ed well enough for Jillian that even if he were to come and fess up to his gf-gate in person, they'll still deny it. The truth has a way of finding itself front and center eventually whether we accept or deny it. Jillian has been away from Ed for two months. Does she know with certainty what he has been up to during that time in Chitown or where else he has traveled? If she is naive enough to be taken in by his stories she could have a surprise on her hands if and when she moves to Chicago. I don't think she is as secure a person to overlook all the stories about Ed. The media could well dig into some of the "rumors" and bring it all to light. Hope Jillian is ready for what may surface after all is said and done.

There are already reports that Ed went back to his gf "begging" her to take him back after filming was done while we watched the show. This info. came long before we even knew he was coming back or would end up f1. If Jillian takes everything out of Ed's mouth as the gospel truth then when the TRUTH lands on her she is the one who is going to be hurt deeply. A little skepticism early on goes a long way from protecting herself in the long term. I do hope Jillian has nerves of steel to take it all in stride when she is faced with the facts about Ed and his life in Chicago.

She has barely known these guys for 8 weeks and that too sporadically while she was dating other guys. With alcohol flowing how could she be sure who she had a convo. with when they happen on consecutive days.

Sometimes the playuhs get away with a lot more bec' of their flirting habits, gift of the gab whatever we want to call it. but does a leopard really changes it's spots.

It's painful to see a woman at 30 not having learned a few lessons from the admitted mistakes of her past. She has much to learn and better she does sooner than later. Very sad. JMO!
    Keep telling yourself, " It's just TV.....It's just TV.....It's just TV."

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by kyladyj;3616955;
    Newest rumor in the on going rumor mill. There were 2 ATFR taped,, one in Hawaii and one in L.A. that was fake to throw everyone off. Ok what will the next o
    ne be?
    Maybe that she picked Riaz. I could go for that one.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by kyladyj;3616955;
    Newest rumor in the on going rumor mill. There were 2 ATFR taped,, one in Hawaii and one in L.A. that was fake to throw everyone off. Ok what will the next one be?
    wow Wonder if even when the show ends tonight we will know who she chooses

You might want to film a fake AFTR to see where your leaks are coming from? Or just create sufficient confusion. If there were 2 no one seems to believe those that claim Reid is F1 so it would be funny if that went to all that trouble and people only glommed onto one ending.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3617066;
    Maybe that she picked Riaz. I could go for that one.
    Hey I could also ,, and he does have a rose

Maybe she gets a business proposal....

May it is Wes and all his grumbling in public has thrown us all off.........bwah.

Quote Originally Posted by xelix;3616967;
    I mentioned this in another thread last night - There is already a statement from Jill herself that there has been a girlfriend situation of sorts, she's not yet made it clear to what an extent. In her teleconference discussing the FS "ED", she mentions "And I was talking to him about ex-girlfriends, and this really uncomfortable conversation." I think the quote is accurate to the aired Q&A (BuddyTV blog). Logically, this is a pretty strong confirmation that there must have been a concern, and it must have been about current or pretty recent stuff, otherwise why bother with it on a night when they should be "exploring chemistry". Not clear yet how this situation was presented to Jill (exes?) but I don't think they would be talking uncomfortably if it wasn't important. This situates the issue beyond the scope of "unconfirmed rumor" straight from the horse's mouth. If anything close to this is brought up today on screen, there you go. I am very curious to see how it pans out.
    I think we're going to agree to disagree on this. I did read Jillian's quote above. But, she did use the term "ex-girlfriends" which is different than "girlfriends" (thinking Wes here, guys). And even IF Ed did come in with a girlfriend, obviously the situation has been resolved to Jillian's satisfaction, if she indeed did pick him as F1.

I have been surprised, even shocked, by how quick some posters have been to grab on to negative rumors about Ed and to turn him in a villain. I'm also surprised how easily some people believe rumors that they find on the internet. I'm certainly willing to accept the fact that Ed is an a cigarette-smoking, mankini-wearing, wine-swilling, two-timing dirtbag - but I would need some credible evidence before I could come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3616607;
    well, if nothing else convinced me, the VH1DOL predictor has. that's VH1's Daisy of Love show. i swear they are working from the exact same script
    1) a few episodes in, she offers the guy she's really into a rose/pass, but he says he has to leave.
    2) a contestant is ratted on to the star for having a girlfriend at home
    3) the guy who left is brought back to be a member of F4
    4) said guy confessed to hooking up with at least one girl while away from the show
    5) the guy who wrote her a song on his guitar is sent home at F4
    6) F3 go to Maui
    7) the guy sent home at F3 was rejected because he has a wall up
    8) F2 guy is the good-looking guy with amazing abs
    9) F1 is the guy who left and came back

seriously, i'm having deja vu, it's like they were the same show, only one involved slightly less clothing and slightly more bleeping
    Okay is F1 the idiot whose name is similar to a large city in the UK - clearly Daisy is making sure Daisy of Love 2 is in the bag. We're behind in Canada.
    Thanks I won't watch the rest of that show.

After a disappointing weekend, I got my thoughts together before the big finale. All you Reid fans, listen up:
    TOP 10 REASONS WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT REID WAS NOT F1

#10 Never got group date rose (KIp/Ed did) -- side note - Ed got alone time early on with her in mansion - possibly
    even sleeping with her as some rumors have claimed

#9 Dad & Train employees conversation with Reid - telling him he must
    tell her how he feels - even if it means not getting her in the end
    * and we know Reid didn't do this

#8 He simply was not on her "LIST"

#7 Jillian crying like a baby when Ed left - many more tears for him than
    Reid
    She also agreed with CH that she appeared more upset with Ed leaving
    then she did when Jason let her go. Wasn't she supposedly in love
    with Jason? Hmmmmm

#6 Viewers were NEVER shown any bed scenes with Reid
    * just a piggyback ride & a gratitious bathtub scene

#5 Did not get Fantasy Suite in Spain (only Ed)
    *if she was interested then just give him the card to get to know
    each other

#4 Kicked off at Final 3 -- didn't even make Final 2

#3 Jillians own statement she knew a week in advance who her final 1
    would be - therefore eliminating Reid

Few of no spottings of Ed after FRC - Reid and Kip showing up same
    time & we ALL know F1 gets extra time

#1 Reid was NEVER shown first night with Jillian 1-1. Never got to
    see him interact with her
    I had posted this early early season and said I have never known any
    F1 who was showcased on first night

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

*Jillian's best friend picking Ed beginning of season

*Jillian's annoyance with Reid questions last week in interviews -
    I personally think she was taken back by all the Reid Love

*Jillian prefers "pudgy" as opposed to "washboard abs"

*Reid washes his fruits & vegetables, Jillian does not YUCK

*Jillian was all about the MANKINI :nono

*Jillian's statement she had to slay a few PRINCES to find her
    DRAGON!

So you see all us Reid lovers -- we should have known better. I for one will be taping the episode, but :nono :nono :nono I will not be watching. If Jillian is in love and happy with Ed, then good for her, but I'm just not that interested anymore.

And all the above of course was just my humbled observations/opinions. Thank you for listening.....
    Last edited by I<3JAY; 07-27-2009 at 01:57 PM.