Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by dlejhunt;3616769;
    Also,the accusation that Ed had a girlfriend during the taping is, as far as I know, an unconfirmed rumor - which I believe was circulated by a poster who has been shown to be not quite so reliable.
    I mentioned this in another thread last night - There is already a statement from Jill herself that there has been a girlfriend situation of sorts, she's not yet made it clear to what an extent. In her teleconference discussing the FS "ED", she mentions "And I was talking to him about ex-girlfriends, and this really uncomfortable conversation." I think the quote is accurate to the aired Q&A (BuddyTV blog). Logically, this is a pretty strong confirmation that there must have been a concern, and it must have been about current or pretty recent stuff, otherwise why bother with it on a night when they should be "exploring chemistry". Not clear yet how this situation was presented to Jill (exes?) but I don't think they would be talking uncomfortably if it wasn't important. This situates the issue beyond the scope of "unconfirmed rumor" straight from the horse's mouth. If anything close to this is brought up today on screen, there you go. I am very curious to see how it pans out.

FORT Fan

Where is that rumor coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by kyladyj;3616955;
    Newest rumor in the on going rumor mill. There were 2 ATFR taped,, one in Hawaii and one in L.A. that was fake to throw everyone off. Ok what will the next one be?
    Wow.... that's a weird coincidence. Late last night I posted a fanciful thought here that wouldn't it be funny if Fleiss tried to derail the leaks by filming two endings of Jillian's love story... kind of like LOST did for a cliff-hanger one season. It was nothing more than wishful thinking on my part (and that's exactly how I presented it!)... however... my post was either deleted or moved. But if it was actually true?......

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchglinda;3617018;
    Wow.... that's a weird coincidence. Late last night I posted a fanciful thought here that wouldn't it be funny if Fleiss tried to derail the leaks by filming two endings of Jillian's love story... kind of like LOST did for a cliff-hanger one season. It was nothing more than wishful thinking on my part (and that's exactly how I presented it!)... however... my post was either deleted or moved. But if it was actually true?......
    That's how I originally thought the season would end, and with Reid as the winner. After CC and Bloomers gave us the Ed scoop at the ATFR, I gave up hope. But I agree that something is "off" with the different media stories, the giving away of the ED is F1...as Ed's dad would say "What the H*** is going on here, ABC?" If they did do a switcheroo, I need to inform all 200 of my friends on FB...none of us are watching tonight as of now. I NEED to move on with my life, LOL..
    "Who wears short shorts?"

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3616596;
    I think that the "drama" portion all revolves around Reid and his comeback...even if it does not have a positive outcome for him. Take a step back and try to view this FRC as the "average" viewer would. Reid comes back at the FRC after being let go at F3...that has never happened before. Only to be turned down again....that has never happened before....then she freaks out and has her talk with Chris....will she pick anyone....she is so confused...blah,blah,blah..nev er happened before. Then, Ed comes in the last five minutes to propose to her and all is well. Pretty dramatic and romantic ending....different than any other bachelor to date... We are just somewhat jaded over here because we have analayzed for weeks and we knew what was coming. Kind of like opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.....they are not quite as exciting when you know what is under the box.
    This has indeed happened before, with Jeremy and Deanna, except it wasn't at the FRC. I don't see how just having it occur at FRC, when viewers already know Reid is coming back, constitutes such a huge shock like the way they are promoting it. What would be shocking is if it ended up affecting her final decision, which apparently it doesn't. To me it is just overhype.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xelix;3616967;
    I mentioned this in another thread last night - There is already a statement from Jill herself that there has been a girlfriend situation of sorts, she's not yet made it clear to what an extent. In her teleconference discussing the FS "ED", she mentions "And I was talking to him about ex-girlfriends, and this really uncomfortable conversation." I think the quote is accurate to the aired Q&A (BuddyTV blog). Logically, this is a pretty strong confirmation that there must have been a concern, and it must have been about current or pretty recent stuff, otherwise why bother with it on a night when they should be "exploring chemistry". Not clear yet how this situation was presented to Jill (exes?) but I don't think they would be talking uncomfortably if it wasn't important. This situates the issue beyond the scope of "unconfirmed rumor" straight from the horse's mouth. If anything close to this is brought up today on screen, there you go. I am very curious to see how it pans out.
    The reality is that some people like maybe love Ed well enough for Jillian that even if he were to come and fess up to his gf-gate in person, they'll still deny it. The truth has a way of finding itself front and center eventually whether we accept or deny it. Jillian has been away from Ed for two months. Does she know with certainty what he has been up to during that time in Chitown or where else he has traveled? If she is naive enough to be taken in by his stories she could have a surprise on her hands if and when she moves to Chicago. I don't think she is as secure a person to overlook all the stories about Ed. The media could well dig into some of the "rumors" and bring it all to light. Hope Jillian is ready for what may surface after all is said and done.

There are already reports that Ed went back to his gf "begging" her to take him back after filming was done while we watched the show. This info. came long before we even knew he was coming back or would end up f1. If Jillian takes everything out of Ed's mouth as the gospel truth then when the TRUTH lands on her she is the one who is going to be hurt deeply. A little skepticism early on goes a long way from protecting herself in the long term. I do hope Jillian has nerves of steel to take it all in stride when she is faced with the facts about Ed and his life in Chicago.

She has barely known these guys for 8 weeks and that too sporadically while she was dating other guys. With alcohol flowing how could she be sure who she had a convo. with when they happen on consecutive days.

Sometimes the playuhs get away with a lot more bec' of their flirting habits, gift of the gab whatever we want to call it. but does a leopard really changes it's spots.

It's painful to see a woman at 30 not having learned a few lessons from the admitted mistakes of her past. She has much to learn and better she does sooner than later. Very sad. JMO!

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchglinda;3617018;
    As much as I want to believe the leaks are fake, we didn't have any evidence of the winner before them. So it wasn't contradicting any info, only putting the info out there. So why film a FAKE ATFC when we didn't really have any evidence before that? Why not just let it go with everyone still waiting for the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579586;
    Exactly, which I why it looks like Reid will propose to her. Unless of course it is unbelieveable because one of the final 2 guys proposes before the actual Final Rose Ceremony.
    Or maybe it is literal - she doesn't believe someone is sincere in his proposal.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBJ;3616583;
    RS has predicted the show will end in a cliffhanger, otherwise there would be no incentive for fans to watch. It would just be the same old same old. Although, he has a point, different information has been posted by CC and Bloomer. I have no reason to question their information. He also said she picks Ed or no one. I think perhaps they could both be correct. It wouldn't be the first time a red herring was presented. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure. Jillian did an interview with Melissa at the AFTR which was on GMA this morning. Jilly was wearing a white dress.

CH tweeted that there is a lot of drama in the last hour of the show. CC and Bloomers information was kinda boring with a real lack of detail. Maybe they didn't get anymore than what they shared. It just seemed a bit...boring. That would disappoint me. If they are gonna play with us, then I want drama. Even if poor Reid gets the shaft in the process. Maybe it is the big set up to become the next Bachelor. I don't know. Tune in!!
    My gut feeling is it won't be over tonight.......they are going to suck us in for another 24 hours.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by naturesgirl;3617037;
    That's how I originally thought the season would end, and with Reid as the winner. After CC and Bloomers gave us the Ed scoop at the ATFR, I gave up hope. But I agree that something is "off" with the different media stories, the giving away of the ED is F1...as Ed's dad would say "What the H*** is going on here, ABC?" If they did do a switcheroo, I need to inform all 200 of my friends on FB...none of us are watching tonight as of now. I NEED to move on with my life, LOL..
    It would be interesting to see how the leaks will affect the ratings. Not to mention the comments headed Jillian's way after the finale esp. depending on how she deals with Reid. She has yet to weather a lot more than she has seen so far.